It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soros-IRS Connection in a Nutshell

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Had to put the pieces in place on the IRS Scandal. It looks like it all goes back to old George Soros.

Who would have thought?

While the IRS targeting of conservative groups was still heating up in 2012, a Soros-funded journalism nonprofit was helping fan the flames. The Pulitzer-Prize-winning ProPublica released two stories targeting conservative nonprofits including Crossroads GPS, Americans for Prosperity and the Republican Jewish Coalition. ProPublica was founded by prominent Democratic contributor and has direct connections to some of the nation’s top news organizations from The New York Times to ABC News. ProPublica was also the organization that received leaked IRS tax forms of conservative groups.

Soros-Funded News Operation Helped Build IRS Case Against Tea Party

As we put the pieces in place, we see that EVERYTHING was Orchestrated by this man, and crafted under his various Umbrella groups.

Soros funded groups started sending letters to the IRS demanding that Conservative groups be looked into. You know. None of "these" groups have any political "influence" or voice........

They cant manipulate the Media at all.
(sarcasm)

Alternet and Mother Jones are both members of The Media Consortium, which is designed to do exactly what happened here. The Media Consortium was created to be a progressive "echo chamber," where 63 separate left-wing media outlets can network and share ideas, as well as cross-promote stories. Other members of the Consortium include such liberal outlets as The Nation, Democracy Now! and The American Prospect. The consortium has also received $675,000 in Soros funds since 2000. Alternet ($285,000) and Mother Jones ($485,000) have both also received individual funding from Soros's Open Society Foundations.

Timeline Shows Influence of Soros-Funded Groups

March 1-17, 2010: First ten reported cases of targeting by the IRS against groups that had ties to the "tea party or similar organizations."
Sept. 16, 2010: TIME article "The New GOP Money Stampede" quotes Wertheimer;
Sept. 23, 2010: DISCLOSE act, a campaign finance disclosure act specifically targeting a Tea Party group, in the writing of which the CLC participated, fails in the Senate;
Sept. 28, 2010: Democrat Senator Max Baucus writes a letter to the IRS, citing the TIME article;
Oct. 5, 2010: Democracy 21 and Campaign Legal Center petition IRS, Wertheimer writes HuffPo article;
Oct. 7, 2010: Legal brief from HoltzmanVogel PLLC against the Democracy 21 petition;
Oct. 14, 2010: Dick Durbin asks IRS to investigate American Crossroads, HuffPo coverage;
June 27, 2011: Second petition to the IRS by CLC and Democracy 21;
June 29, 2011: IRS senior agency official Lois Lerner briefed on efforts to target groups which "criticize how the country is being run";
Sept. 28, 2011: CLC and Democracy 21 petition IRS again, this time about four conservative groups;
Oct. 31, 2011: CPI "investigation";
Nov. 18, 2011: Mother Jones article;
Nov. 21, 2011: Alternet repost of Mother Jones Article;
Dec. 29, 2011: New York Times oped;
Jan. 15, 2012: IRS targeted groups focusing on limiting government or educating on the Constitution and Bill of Rights;
February 2012: First articles promoting this issue appear in New York Times, Washington Post and LA Times

$6.1 Million in Soros Funding Since 2000

Center for Public Integrity: $2,716,328
Campaign Legal Center: $677,000
Media Consortium: $675,000
Mother Jones: $485,000
Democracy 21: $365,000
ProPublica: $300,000
Alternet: $285,000
Human Rights Campaign: $600,000

Soros Gave $6.1 Million to Groups Linked to Pressure on IRS to Target Conservative Nonprofits

Through all of this though, NONE of the "progressive" Non -Profits were looked into with such scrutiny......

Gee, I wonder why.

Interestingly, the finger-pointing Democrats who were given the opportunity to call representatives of liberal or progressive groups that were similarly targeted did not because they could not. No group with "hope," "change," "forward" or "progressive" was targeted.

On the contrary, some groups, like those funded by Soros, enjoy tax-exempt status as they work to aid in the fundamental transformation of America.

And lets not forget the legality of the IRS leaking documents to these groups.

The IRS released the confidential donor lists of the National Organization for Marriage to the liberal Human Rights Campaign (HRC), a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization. This is a felony punishable by five years in a federal prison.

Soros Groups Dodged Scrutiny, Pushed Tea Party Profiling

With all presented, George Soros with his money, his Organizations, his friends in the IRS, and the Media has helped this Administration Polarize our Country even more, while breaking the very laws he wants Conservative groups to abide by. Well done Mr. Soros.

ATS, Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
As we put the pieces in place, we see that EVERYTHING was Orchestrated by this man, and crafted under his various Umbrella groups.

Where is the evidence for this? You didn't post any, and there's none in the articles you've cited.

Everything was orchestrated by Soros? Seriously?

Proof please.

IATS, Thoughts?

I think you're gullible enough to buy the bridge I'm selling. It's in Brooklyn at the moment, but I can have it delivered for a very reasonable fee.
edit on 22/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

ATS, Thoughts?

Circa December 2006 or early January 2007, Barack Obama presidential candidate was born. Prior to that, Soros had met with him to discuss support. That is when this timeline should actually begin.

Soros is unarguably one of the most powerful, and evil, men in the world today. He has elevated his personal power to be beyond mere wealth by surrounding himself with policy makers and fear mongers on both the American and global stage. He is probably the primary puppet master controlling the strings of the tingle up Chris Matthew's leg and, to the credit of the famous Clinton ego, he is certainly the main reason Obama managed to come from absolute nowhere in the primaries to defeat the less willing to be controlled Hillary Clinton.

The problem is that I'm not sure men like Soros can be fought by the People. There are far too many brainless sheep who immediately buy into issues like free trade, globalism, the inalienability of rights, anthropogenic global climate change, and the evils of capitalism. These "useful idiots" give Soros power thanks to how easily manipulatable they are. All he has to do is get one of his puppet news organizations to repeat "Ghadafi was a threat to America" a few times and suddenly half the nation celebrates the US' illegal involvement in Libya. Never mind the fact that Ghadafi hadn't said so much as "boo" to the US since Reagan kicked his ass 25 years ago...

But yeah, I agree with what you're connecting here. None of it should be a shock to anyone because a man who sells his soul to Satan, as Soros obviously has, certainly has no qualms about selling his detractors down the river.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
NM

edit on 22-6-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I think the thread speaks for itself.

Well... sorta. If by 'speaks for itself' you mean 'stinks of ignorant bigotry.'

Typical you show up and DEMAND Proof like you do in EVERY one else's thread.

The motto of this forum is 'Deny ignorance.' That's why I ask for proof. Apparently you prefer to embrace ignorance.

I've still got that bridge for sale, by the way. Any time you want it...

Sometimes I wonder why banned members even come back.

I've never been banned. This is my first and only account at ATS.

That being said, tell me Where Soros isn't involved in this IRS Scandal.

No, you made the claim. You tell me where he is involved.

All I see is a bunch of groups he's donated to at various times. I don't see any evidence that he's been telling them what to do. I don't see any evidence that he told the IRS what to do.
edit on 22/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

All I see is a bunch of groups he's donated to at various times.

Thats all you want to see. Think outside the box.

Originally posted by Sankari
I don't see any evidence that he's been telling them what to do. I don't see any evidence that he told the IRS what to do.

Oh the Irony.

From the very person that tries to derail the thread, using the Koch brothers as manipulators of Politics, without having or showing proof.

Koch Brothers, Soros, all of these types of people are wielding power behind the scenes. Why isn't the Koch Brothers in jail? The very same reason Soros isn't in one.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The thing is though, this is only one facet of the assault that Soros is waging against the conservative movement.

It' well known that Media-Matters is a Soros-funded organization that exists only to kill the messenger" in conservative media.

I wonder if the White House visitor logs have any Soros/IRS Director connections. . . . . . .

SnF!
edit on 22-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Soros is all over the place with his 'donations'.

It's all probably tax exempt and has much influence on American politics.

here's an example from an article from 2 years ago;

A small tax-exempt political group with ties to wealthy liberals like billionaire financier George Soros has quietly helped elect 11 reform-minded progressive Democrats as secretaries of state to oversee the election process in battleground states and keep Republican “political operatives from deciding who can vote and how those votes are counted.”

Known as the Secretary of State Project (SOSP), the organization was formed by liberal activists in 2006 to put Democrats in charge of state election offices, where key decisions often are made in close races on which ballots are counted and which are not.

The group’s website said it wants to stop Republicans from “manipulating” election results.
Soros again!-page1
Soros again!-page2
Soros again!-page3

This group is apparently an NGO that is somehow exempt from regulation related to contributions and elections.

They can raise unlimited money from sources and can engage in back-door "lobbying" when and where they so choose !

It looks like they can influence elections at will, depending on their own internal funding and targets !

They must have been real scared of losing Dems in 2012 !

Soros' role in this is of course being downplayed, which is why we all need to be highly suspicious !

Soros is active in support of other similar exempt groups, raising 100's of million of dollars !

The fact that the article states that Soros did not "found" the group, tells us that He definitely "funded the founders" as usual !

Looks like candidates are getting big money from "underground water wells" .........

What these groups do and finance "behind the scenes" is what should be alarming to all voters.

the article states that this group may have played a key role in the "suspicious" Al Franken recount.

Minnesota is the prime example of the project’s success. Helping to elect Mr. Ritchie in 2006 and 2010, Democrats had one of their own making key decisions when the extremely close U.S. Senate race between incumbent Norm Coleman, a Republican, and his challenger, former comedian Al Franken, went to a recount in 2008.

These groups are IRS 527 groups. IRS 527

Is Soros funding the "anti-Koch" bros. ?

Is this a liberal conspiracy ?

Do we have any Political Scientists here that can explain this complicated dilemma ?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Circa December 2006 or early January 2007, Barack Obama presidential candidate was born. Prior to that, Soros had met with him to discuss support. That is when this timeline should actually begin.

Soros also helped him out by setting up the "Secretary of State Project" around the same time.

The Secretary of State Project (SoSP) was established in July 2006 as an independent “527” organization devoted to helping Democrats get elected to the office of secretary-of-state in selected swing, or battleground, states; these were states where the margin of victory in the 2004 presidential election (between George W. Bush and John Kerry) had been 120,000 votes or less. One of the principal duties of the secretary of state is to serve as the chief election officer who certifies candidates as well as election results in his or her state. The holder of this office, then, can potentially play a key role in determining the winner of a close election.

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I guess we are thinking alike today...

we both posted at the same time

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
To the OP ... excellent post. Star and Flag.

reply to post by burdman30ott6

Man .. if only we regular posters could give applause. I'd give you a few for that,
you nailed it.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Soros has made enough trips to the U.S. WH to get a job as a tourist guide - another lardbutt w/ a fat wallet opens to whomever supports (instigates) his causes.
Hey - I just called Soros a lardbutt does that make me a bigot...hmmm

Nice OP - have cup a steaming c(_) on me ***siiiip***

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
Soros has made enough trips to the U.S. WH to get a job as a tourist guide - another lardbutt w/ a fat wallet opens to whomever supports (instigates) his causes.
Hey - I just called Soros a lardbutt does that make me a bigot...hmmm

Nice OP - have cup a steaming c(_) on me ***siiiip***

soros again?...wow...you found one billionaire (who name has been used for years) putting up his own money for the left....so what (yawn)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
soros again?...wow...

Suggestion ... read the title of the thread. It's "SOROS-IRS connection". So YES, people are going to talk about Soros and his machiavellian manipulations. I understand that the left doesn't like their big guys being outed for being the slime that they are ... but there it is. Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

While you're at it, do you have any links showing the Koch Brothers' involvement in trying to bribe the IRS?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx.you found one billionaire (who name has been used for years) putting up his own money for the left....so what (yawn)

Peter Lewis, James Simons, Steven Spielberg, Warren Buffett, Irwin Jacobs (of Telecom fame), Fred Eychaner (Chicago Media Mogul), Jon Stryker, Haim Saban(also in media), Donald Sussman (owner of the MaineToday Media newspapers), Andy Stern (SEIU), Arthur Blank, Barry Diller, Michael Eisner, David Geffen, Charles Gifford, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Norman Lear, Penny Pritzker, Steve Tisch, Mike Bloomberg, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, Ted Turner, ... etc etc

Politico - Democratic Billionaires Boost Obama Super Pac
Forbes - Behind the scenes Billionaires Funding 2012 Election
Basking with Billionaires - Left Wing Political Activists Luxury Weekend
Left Wing Billionaire Machine Targeting Homes of Republican Billionaires

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join