It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDEC Official: Water Complaints Could Be Considered an 'Act of Terrorism'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

TDEC Official: Water Complaints Could Be Considered an 'Act of Terrorism'

www.nashvillescene. com

Word of the comment comes from Statewide Organizing for Community eMPowerment (SOCM), which has audio and a transcript. According to SOCM, members of the group's Maury County chapter were among the group of Mt. Pleasant residents who submitted "a record number of of TDEC’s official water quality complaint forms to the agency’s field office in Columbia in February." Several months later, they say, at a community meeting, Sherwin Smith, Deputy Director of TDEC’s Division of Water Resources, "suggested the complaints had no basis and went on to say, ' … federally, if there’s no water quality issues, that can be considered, under Homeland Security, an act of terrorism.' "
(visit the link for the full news article)

Will it truly take the death of innocents at the hand of the rulers before we unite??? Because nothing else is apparently doing it... we are still BEGGING for our rulers to have mercy on us...

"Where do we turn now,” asked SOCM member and Mt. Pleasant resident Joycelene Johns. “We’ve met with our state representative who is supposed to be looking out for us, attended public meetings like they asked, and they intimidate us by accusing us of committing acts of terrorism. We just want clean and affordable water. How is that terrorism?”

Related News Links:
A Franklin neighborhood is held hostage by a dawdling polluter
A Tennessee community wonders whose side TDEC is on: theirs, or the local landfill’s
Audio recording of the comments made regarding civilian terrorist acts
Meeting transcript
edit on 22-6-2013 by W0mbat because: .

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
and so it begins... we are the terrorists and they (the gov') are the victims of our evil ways. You are seeing now my brothers and sisters the conversion of the people into the enemy. we must be surveyed, detained, and retrained before we can continue to live in THEIR country using THEIR resources. The gov' believes they are the slaveholders and we the chattel... question is, do you agree? Will you submit?? Are you done bending over or are you ready to pull that red white and blue great big American gubment phallus outta your hindquarters and stand up ready to fight off your rapist????

Here we have our government officials warning American citizens that asking for clean drinking water is a terrorist act.... what more proof do you need that YOU ARE THE ENEMY OF THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT

tdec-official-water -complaints-could-be-considered-an-act-of-terrorism
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2013 by W0mbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

Yet another case of our lovely representatives bastardizing the "language of the law" to shut people up they don't want talking.

I wonder if the various government agency's paranoid screams of "terrorism" could be considered a non-internet meme.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The writing is on the damn wall... step back and look at it as a whole... all the pieces are fitting ever so nicely into place aren't they?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

They are indeed, sir. I believe you are quite correct in your assumption that it would take violence for the majority of the public to do anything about these bellicose actions. That are now happening daily, and getting worse mind you.

"Do not question us, do not annoy us, sit down and do as you are told".
edit on 22-6-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurtleSmacker
reply to post by W0mbat

"Do not question us, do not annoy us, sit down and do as you are told".
edit on 22-6-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

Exactly, they beat this into your mind in public schools for 12+ years and people leave the school systems only knowing how to seek a master to give them directives. Most Americans are lost without directions. We no longer know how to perform critical thinking, free thinking, or solitary mental processes. We seek out large crowds because that's all we know "do as the others are doing because they look happy". So we smile because the others are smiling, we buy what everyone around us buys, we do as we're told because the happy carefree people around us are doing just that, and they seem to have less problems... but what we do not know is that the rest of the country is simply repeating this process themselves as well.... we're all lost to our own ignorance.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If it's true (I didn't take the time to go through the sources in this case, my apologies) it's just a new age witch hunt or inquisition.

Frankly, I'm happy the sway is going towards terrorism. It's so nefarious!

Sure beats the days of "That boy is on drugs!"

We may finally see a shift in persecuting people for no reason, and it will be in a new name. All very interesting from a scholarly point of view..

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

Indeed, and many in the younger generations love the chains of bondage.

I've been called a lunatic, a conspiracy nut, a gun nut, and an unpatriotic america-hater in recent years, why?

I love freedom, but you can't be truly free in this nation any more without being ostracised, or having your face pounded against pavement by the so-called heroes in blue.

Terrorism is the new Mcarthyism, yet I doubt anyone is going to step up and pull us out of the mess this time.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This is a very graphic demonstration of a simple and very effective way to surpress basic freedoms. It is not necessary to censor what people say it is only necessary to control the meaning of what they say. I believe someone much smarter than me said this much more succinctly some years ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurtleSmacker
reply to post by W0mbat

Terrorism is the new McCarthyism, yet I doubt anyone is going to step up and pull us out of the mess this time.

We do not deserve a savior... we were given so many in the past. So many teachers, so many leaders, and many more true heroes. We are a forgetful people, a lost and sad people.

But within us stills lives the strong American soul that fought oppressors, slavers, and true masters of evil. Within us are coals of liberty, resourcefulness, endurance, and hope.

The winds of change are picking up and soon some of those coals will begin to ignite the flames of the patriots. When those flames ignite we must keep them burning, for they are our only hope to hold back the cold dark night that is devouring our land.

The American people can only saves themselves, no one else can fight our fight for us nor should they. It's time we began accepting responsibility as a nation and unite against the transgressors who seek to pervert and squander away our dearest sweet liberty.

Or die a captured and controlled people who had it all and wasted it for lack of trying....

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I feel that when people come out and speak as this Sherwin Smith does, against all Americans by calling people who send in complaints of public services, terrorists, that they just need our help to wake up from the brainwashing they have been subjected to..

Lets face it, anyone saying such rubbish as this Sherwin Smith does about common citizens, must be the victim of some kind of programming, because normal and reasonable people just don't act this way, although this kind of thing has been increasing astronomically, lately, it sure seems.

So, to help this man, and others like him, I personally would advocate getting a small horse whip and giving him a beating with it while lecturing him on the finer points of being American and what the real do's and don'ts are in America, and how we treat each other here. It is very important to emphasize that we definitely do not report people as terrorists here, when they have only just complained about the quality of some public service.

Electric shock that is not lethal would also be a good tool in getting these compromised people to come to their senses, and get them to reevaluate their stance on "right and wrong".

I should mention that these methods could be construed by some as assault, even though they call this "therapy" in many institutions, so it might not be a workable solution..

I think it would be highly effective though, and you would be helping a fellow citizen overcome their brainwashing that was done to them. This opens up many new cans of worms too though, because next we would have to deal with the programmers.

On a last note, it is also against the law to give false information to authorities and for example, tell them that someone is a terrorist, when you know that they actually are not, but this doesn't seem to bother too many people these days either.

Sherwin Smith needs help though, and I think the only thing that would help him is a good whipping.
edit on 22-6-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
But if they arent doing anything wrong they have nothing
to fear, i mean really complain about their water quality,
that's terrorism if ive ever heard it, oh and being told we
must give up our freedoms or the big bad guys will get
us isn't terrorism at all, no that doesn't count, when you
scare people into compliance it isn't terrorism but when
they file complaints about water quality oh yeah that's
some scary stuff right there, drink up and shut up is
what i take from this.

This really should set in stark reality what happens when
the, you have nothing to fear so long as you do nothing
wrong mentality towards our rights is supported, yes
you do have something to fear, being labeled a terrorist
because you fear for the quality of your water...... WTF. (What the fuzzies)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

Somebody whould arrest that toad of a TDEC worker.

Charge the wally with criminal stupidity or something, or just plain sack him...he's obviously a moron and shouldn't be left in his position.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
How utterly bizarre.As a South African I can truly say:If I had gone into a coma 20 years ago+awoke yesterday and started reading up on American matters-there is NO way I would believe that it is America I was reading about,in regard to what I see on ATS.I would be absolutely adamant that it was a prank.America has changed so much in the past years,and for some one watching from another continent its impossible not to see the water in the pot starting to boil,if one wants to use the frog in pot scenario.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

This is an absolute OUTRAGE! I think the idiot who made this suggestion ought to be introduced to the people who lost limbs in the Boston Marathon bombings, and try to explain his outburst to them. I am sure they would be more than capable of explaining, in exacting detail, precisely why the TDEC official responsible for this moronic phraseology, is a halfwit, and what terrorism ACTUALLY means, and what its actual effects are.

On a political level also, this is horrific. I mean, I have heard of spin doctoring, but this takes the bloody cake if you ask me. As one of the activists said, "how can this be terrorism?". Demanding that a service be provided at the best price, and highest level of efficiency and effectiveness is merely the right of any consumer of any goods or services, it is infact the cornerstone of effecitve capitalist economic structure. Without the back and forth between consumer and producer, the entire fabric of the western world would collapse (not that I am a fan of capitalism, but its what we have at the moment.)

This accusation on the part of the TDEC representative is disgraceful. It is also highly ammusing in one respect. A tyrant accusing someone of terrorism. Am I the only person who finds the irony delicious?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
This accusation on the part of the TDEC representative is disgraceful. It is also highly ammusing in one respect. A tyrant accusing someone of terrorism. Am I the only person who finds the irony delicious?
He said he wasn't accusing anyone of terrorism, though it did sound like he might be threatening to do that:

www.socm.org...

Smith: What I’m saying is, if you’ve got concerns about your drinking water, that's very important. We take that very seriously. But under Federal regulations, if you make allegations against the public water supply that are unfounded, then that can be considered, under homeland security, an act of terrorism, because you're trying to allege things...

Wright: And who would the "you" be in this case Mr. Smith?

Smith: I’m just saying. I'm not making any accusations. I'm just telling you so that you understand.

Butt: He's just saying it's a scare tactic.
It would be interesting to see the full transcript instead of just a partial transcript so we can see the context.

But from what I gather from the article they were willing to come out and test the water quality of anybody who complained and whenever they did the test they didn't find any problems. And it also said something about complaints of the pricing and apparently the people doing the testing have no control over the pricing, so that's another issue.

In any case, even though he said he wasn't making any accusations, it does seem like an inappropriate threat from that excerpt, but, since I don't know what else was said, I can't say if there may have been some other discussion which prompted that statement.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

What a person says, and what they MEAN by what they say, are two very different, and sometimes completely unrelated things. The very implication of what he is saying, is that he is prepared to silence any critique of his organisation, by an underhanded use of an anti-terror law.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its like watching a slow motion car crash
Being stuck here watching the USA bend and warp into an unrecognisable mess
It's quite depressing
But also a little amusing

Face it you're screwed
This was no spinning of the law, your laws are intentionaly written in such a language that they can be used in such a way
Like he says, an unfounded allegation against the Gov is a act of terrorism under the homeland security act
Convenient that...........DO NOT QUESTION
As we see here every day the public can be accused enmass everyday by your gov for some wrongdoing, what protection against these accusations do you have as an individual.
None
Your Gov accuses you enmass for terrorism or as a threat to national ( their ) security everyday otherwise why would you be under blanket surveillance
EVERYTHING has been turned on the domestic public
YOU are the enemy
YOU have let it happen
YOU questioned it every step of the way
YOU said each time enough is enough
EVERY time you pulled back
You thought they were taking an inch, but through clever wording and combining with other laws and capabilities they took a mile

Now you're cornered
The rest of the world is having riots and civil disturbance Europe, ME, Asia, South America, Africa, Canada
You had occupy
Where thay sat down and took a spraying
the few that stood up were branded as hippies and terrorists, targetted by your 'free' press, targeted by your gov, targeted by the public, targeted by you
You're at a crossroads now, either you remain as such where for simply showing opposition to any part of your gov can and will result in you being branded a terrorist, where digital surveillance can trawel your history to find supporting evidence ( like being on ATS ) and as such can be 'disappeared' with the terms terrorist links to extremists but sorry we show you the evidence as that's a matter of national security

Or you take another road, but they don't want that
I don't really want to say this but the next 18 months are going to be interesting either you start peacefully now enmass or in 18 months time it'll take an armed rebellion, or you're gone
They know this, they see the flashpoint coming, you see them preparing for it

No one will come to help you ........you don't want help.......you don't receive it well
Threads here in the past have addressed this and the consensus is always the same, you'd unite to fight against those that seek to assist you
Hell you were all going nuts about vote fraud.......but when you found out about international monitors being at voting booths ( you know the sort of action that's taken when accusations of election fraud are used ) again most of you went nuts against this
Wait until your next elections where accusations of election fraud are posted on this very site
Remember
" unfounded allegations against the gov is an act of terrorism under the homeland security act"
Another thread addressed an armed revolt.........the non US persons that posted in support and said they would come to help in anyway they could were not received well
And the rhetoric of unite to fight against the foreign invader soon surfaced
50 years of brainwashing

As I said
It's like watching a slow motion car wreck
Sorry for the rant .......but it really is bewildering
lol I keep having these little rants
I really don't want to offend, but from the outside looking in its horrible
Someone please tell me it's not really as bad as it looks
I need a hug

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

No, you hit the nail on the head so damn hard and precisely.
It is the same from the inside, it's like watching the filming of a movie where a over reaching government begins its first steps into the direction of master/subject rule. Where the individual should feel lucky that he or she even has breathe in their lungs, for they are merciful enough to allow us our life. We are seeing a very special moment unfold in our lives, one where an entire country will either be made or broken en masse. By made i mean that we have a real opportunity to take back what is rightfully ours, and start over learning from our mistakes. Also, by broken i mean that we are seeing large amounts of free people give up their very soul as a free person for a security that is only in their minds and on the televisions in their living rooms.

America is a vastly and horrendously divided country, with ignorance and laziness abounding in greater numbers than ever before. The wise watcher sees that there are a large number that cannot and will not figiht for themselves, they are the ones that haven't the ability to critically think for themselves and we haven't the time to teach them. A crescendo is rising and the voice of liberty is pleading for her very existance in this country.

I fear the American people have been so trained by our schools, gov' officials, and television that most of us actually believe that this is necessary for the country to survive. It appears that what's possible, and what's happening are two completely seperate realities in so many citizens minds to suggest the opposite of what they see is so feverishly mad in their eyes. What I'm saying is we may very well be seeing the end of our country as we once dearly knew it, and the birthing of a sinister and dark time ahead.

As I've stated before to my friends and family, history repeats itself and we're over due for another dark age.... looks like its here now. Hold on tight brothers and sisters #s only gonna get worse from here for the man who seeks the truth, for truth by nature is freedom and so it is the enemy thus the truth seeker is the terrorizing enemy of this beast rearing its head and bearing its fangs beneath its lying lips.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's like mail bombing someone's mailbox by putting their name on junk mail forms so they get lots of junk.

Sort of like an internet attack, except to the DTEC complaint system.

Some groups of people actually believe they're going with their ideals when they all get in a line and start writing complaints like protests. It becomes a nuisance and clogs a system that is supposed to find real errors.

Kind of like calling in fake complaints, in harassment. And that flips a switch to the fragile anti-terror system to call whatever it sees out of place terrorist. Because deception is one of those things terrorists do sometimes.

aaaaand, DHS is covering up something. All the pollution problems probably go back to corporations that happen to run with DoD funding.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Sandalphon because: almost forgot the truth there

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join