It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden files 'show massive UK spying op'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Firstly your talking about the US Gov

I'm not?

This thread is about the UK "spying op"

But anyway do you or anybody else have proof or an ounce of logic for the US is wasting time money and resources listening in to your phone calls and trawling over your fb messages for the lolz? while tring to cut a defense budget? stupidity doesn't even cut it,

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
You sound more and more like a Government Shill paid for by we the people.

And there it is...

What for disagreeing with you?, eh?
edit on 22-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Dream on.

Go back to sleep now every thing will be alright. Just keep dreamin.

Sorry but I'm just not as paranoid as most here. It makes no sense to try and spy on everyone. They simply don't have the numbers or resources to go after billions of people. They will be most interested in people with political and economical sway. You are not special, no matter how much you want to be.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by CallYourBluff
I don't think us little people have much to worry about with this or the NSA. I'm pretty sure they'll be spying on the big fish, not Joe public.

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
pretty sure the only people who feel threatened by this a misguided paranoid mentally unstable people

Some slight over exaggeration as expected on ATS

I submit to the jury that these two members should be instantly banned from ATS for flagrant acceptance of ignorance.

And I think you should see your doctor about possible schizophrenia. You, as many others seem to think you are a high profile target because you frequent conspiracy sites. Clearly they are spying on certain individuals but not conspiracy theorists. They most likely laugh at the likes of you.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
NEWS HEADLINES

Billy Nomates found guilty of cheating on his GF on FB

NSA says we have been wasting huge amount of resources on this case over a period of 6 month using clones

In other news terrorist kill 400 people in blast that could have been prevented

*facepalm*

Talk about handicapping your own governments abilities to protect you, and your countrys interest... i bet the likes of China and Russia Iran, and gang, are absolutely pissing themselves at the amount of disloyal idiots the western world has, being nice has its downsides i guess

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

NEWS HEADLINES

Billy Nomates found guilty of cheating on his GF on FB

NSA says we have been wasting huge amount of resources on this case over a period of 6 month

In other news terrorist kill 400 people in blast that could have been prevented

*facepalm*

Haha, that actually made me laugh out loud.

This thread is a good example of how paranoid some members of ATS are. I don't doubt for a second that certain people are unlawfully tapped, emails read and social media watched but only persons of interest and influence. Then again what do I know, I'm a shill, sheep, straw man, dissinfo agent, that needs to go back to sleep. Did I miss any?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

And I think you should see your doctor about possible schizophrenia.

I should see a doctor? Haha.. yeah, I'll get right on that.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

pretty sure the only people who feel threatened by this a misguided paranoid mentally unstable people

The entire reason this exists is because of paranoid psychopaths. The british government have so much blood on their hands, they have destroyed the lives of many millions not just in the UK but around the world, so they and their sponsors can get richer. It goes without saying that people will want revenge on them.

It is absolutely disgusting how these people, the absolute depths of humanity, far worse than people like Jimmy Saville or Ian Huntley, put themselves above the law, create new laws to protect themselves from us, and completely trash all of our rights in the process. Evil, disgusting, traitors.

I sincerely hope I live to see the day when the streets of London run red with the blood of these politicians. David Cameron, Tony Blair, George Osbourne, Alistair Campbell, and all the rest, their days are numbered and really its only a matter of time before they are executed for their crimes against us all. And anyone who defends and supports them. Death to them all please, let us have our country back. These people do not deserve to be kept alive.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
lol are the REAL brainwashed sheep waking up yet? nope

Snowden is essentially seeking exile in CHINA

CHINA?

Oh i wonder why

I wonder how much he's been payed to tell all about the security programs the US and its allies uses to track and defend against CHINESE hackers and other anti west countries, i don't think for one minute this whole thing is about exposing nonsensical theory's on what it could potentially be also used for other that Intel gathering and national security

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what is REALLY going on IMO,

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here you go. from the Guardian article "GCHQ taps fibre-optic cables for secret access to world's communications"

"Essentially, we have a process that allows us to select a small number of needles in a haystack. We are not looking at every piece of straw. There are certain triggers that allow you to discard or not examine a lot of data so you are just looking at needles. If you had the impression we are reading millions of emails, we are not. There is no intention in this whole programme to use it for looking at UK domestic traffic – British people talking to each other," the source said.

He explained that when such "needles" were found a log was made and the interception commissioner could see that log.

"The criteria are security, terror, organised crime. And economic well-being. There's an auditing process to go back through the logs and see if it was justified or not. The vast majority of the data is discarded without being looked at … we simply don't have the resources."

Like I said, they don't have the resources and they are not spying on everyone, just persons of interest.
I agree it's wrong and intrusive to innocent people but they are not coming after the ATS members.
Tin foil hats off.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

The entire reason this exists is because of paranoid psychopaths. The british government have so much blood on their hands, they have destroyed the lives of many millions not just in the UK but around the world, so they and their sponsors can get richer. It goes without saying that people will want revenge on them.

It is absolutely disgusting how these people, the absolute depths of humanity, far worse than people like Jimmy Saville or Ian Huntley, put themselves above the law, create new laws to protect themselves from us, and completely trash all of our rights in the process. Evil, disgusting, traitors.

I sincerely hope I live to see the day when the streets of London run red with the blood of these politicians. David Cameron, Tony Blair, George Osbourne, Alistair Campbell, and all the rest, their days are numbered and really its only a matter of time before they are executed for their crimes against us all. And anyone who defends and supports them. Death to them all please, let us have our country back. These people do not deserve to be kept alive.

Think what you want...

But what you fail to realize unfortunately is that is just how the world works and always has done since the dawn of civilization

Until there is some form of one world government breaking down the divides, countries or alliances will compete to survive from those who seek to destroy it to also survive, but history says you can't blame the US/UK for being strong after hundreds of years of external threats and invasions, the best defense is offence, blame the world, blame mankind's wicked ways, blame Ronald McDonald if it makes you feel better, just blame who ever you want... but don't expect any other rising super powers to be any different to do so would be your mistake, just expect to have a less safer environment for your children and a poorer standard of living, id suggest you look at other countries around the globe who failed to safely defend there boarders, or better yet if you hate your country so much... how about you bugger off and go live in a 3rd world and let us all know how wonderful it is,

Not like the Western world is going on all Adolf Hitler now is it? the west is simply a group of allies that share similar if not the same values surviving together in a competitive dog eat dog world

Put it this way, the world is a far better & safer place with western values than having those of communist China, or the Islamic Middle East so count yourself lucky you have a voice and you don't live in a parallel universe where evil was aloud to prevail,

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thanks Daas for the update and Story.

I would have to believe if the US is spying then the UK is also.

We live in a World where Government simply doesn't care about freedom. Im starting to think they never did to begin with.

S&F

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Dream on.

Sorry but I'm just not as paranoid as most here. It makes no sense to try and spy on everyone. They simply don't have the numbers or resources to go after billions of people. They will be most interested in people with political and economical sway. You are not special, no matter how much you want to be.

In this day of the computer, computers do all the work, and it doesn't cost nearly as much to do it as you suggest it does.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salander

Dream on.

In this day of the computer, computers do all the work, and it doesn't cost nearly as much to do it as you suggest it does.

Uhhh?

What so your bothered about a computer recording your messages which will soon be deleted or recording your phone call then arresting you for trolling ?

I'm sure he is well aware of that fact but who exactly is going to READ IT? that is where the cost comes in, so again why wast money & resources employing millions of people when computer do the work? the whole country would have to be employed to monitor each of for god sake's lol

The system is set up to only be alerted to keywords etc, so unless your playing a prank with friends pretending to be a criminal drug trafficking ring or terrorist organisation, why would anyone even bother looking at your crap considering your posts on here?

Does common sense fail most of you?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You know when you argue with an idiot the idiot wins because of simple rules of engagement. To continue the banter with the government apologist is shear stupidity. Here is another euphemism, "When you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas."

How anyone cannot see the gross abuse of the government spying on all of us is really unbelievable, but everyone has to make a living I guess.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Because most of us have said these words online..freepatriot.org...
edit on 22-6-2013 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
You know when you argue with an idiot the idiot wins because of simple rules of engagement. To continue the banter with the government apologist is shear stupidity. Here is another euphemism, "When you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas."

How anyone cannot see the gross abuse of the government spying on all of us is really unbelievable, but everyone has to make a living I guess.

Keep up hating pal

Since this is ATS why don't you provide evidence of

the government spying on all of us

Show me a link where the government for no good reason at all has spied on anyone,

Oh thats right, you have read RT news headlines and its stuck in your head

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
Very similar thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And just think, until now... all we did was suspect these agencies of civilian spygames. Now that we know for a certainty, what do we do about it?
They've pretty much alerady out-smarted, out-ranked, out-classed, and out-gunned us all. So seriously, what is anyone to do about all this?

A serious question. And I don't have an answer yet.

www.yourstrawman.com....

disconnect from the matrix. disown your strawman.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Dream on.

You say it makes no sense to try and spy on everyone. You do realize they have admitted to doing just that.
They use the bulk info and then narrow it down. Also you have no idea who they are interested in. You put things forward as fact but in reality it is personal truth and personal truth is subjective.

Your privacy is your own and if you wish to not care about it well that is your choice because it is your privacy. But I believe everyone is entitled to that same choice. Freedom is something you are born with. It is yours not the TPTB.
edit on 22-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

that internal documents say it even outstrips the United States' international internet surveillance effort,

Total nonsense; however Snowden's inexplicably still lingering US patriotism coupled with the Guardian of all papers..well, as above.

And after all they've threatened to do to him as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
Very similar thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And just think, until now... all we did was suspect these agencies of civilian spygames. Now that we know for a certainty, what do we do about it?
They've pretty much alerady out-smarted, out-ranked, out-classed, and out-gunned us all. So seriously, what is anyone to do about all this?

A serious question. And I don't have an answer yet.

Suffer it!
There is absolutely nothing you, I or anyone can do. Why does it matter anyway?

I don't really care what TPTB do with my info - I'm not a terrorist, a peado or a criminal of any kind so why should I worry? What are they going to do with my privacy? See when I go on holiday or when I eat out at a restaurant, watch RedTube, visit ATS or Wiki-Leaks... I don't get the outrage?

Oh no! They have access to my bank account and they cleared it out!
Oh well - I'll get refunded by the bank for their rubbish security and the money that was "stolen" by the gov will be injected bank into the bank from which it was "stolen" - everyone wins...

Someone please explain what the problem is with this privacy issue?

~ CrzayFool

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join