It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript 'Has Genuine Message'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

chericher

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I can't help but think that those "tubes" look like cell receptors.

Wow, right? Looking at the bathing ladies, made me think they were on a tiny scale doing cellular-level work in the plants or something totally weird like that.

So....they could be mitochondria? mtDNA is only passed on from the mother...pregnant females....
Wow.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

stormcell

punkinworks10
reply to post by stormcell

It has been suggested that the images in the
manuscript contain coded information.

I was looking at them again - perhaps they are code wheels used for the decoding of text. Every word on the outside of the wheel would encode to syllables on the inside. Or maybe the number of stars in each petal means something.

That's actually similar to my line of thought. I was having a discussion the other night where I spoke to the difference in star count. Maybe worth pulling it back out and playing with it. You never know.

I think you would need context. My brain is still stuck on the manuscript being a sloppy duplicate to an original. Although the penmanship of the manuscript is written well, the drawings are a little wanting, yet thorough enough to where one can easily identify cells as if its through a microscope. Idk this intrigues me to know end and to be honest, although interesting, the decoding offered above was a little disappointing n content and doesn't reconcile with the images. Unless thats the point.

Make it look like a botany manual when its really Heresy of the Highest Order!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Tsurugi

chericher

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I can't help but think that those "tubes" look like cell receptors.

Wow, right? Looking at the bathing ladies, made me think they were on a tiny scale doing cellular-level work in the plants or something totally weird like that.

So....they could be mitochondria? mtDNA is only passed on from the mother...pregnant females....
Wow.

Love it! Now what bout the baby dragon? I posted the image on this thread somewhere.

Here:

edit on 19-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
In fact, if I was going to code a picture of a plant I certainly wouldn't use an image of a different plant.

Agreed, that's not how I would think to encode a plant either. The only thing that makes me hesitate to say the plant drawings are unlikely to be code images for real plants is the penchant for those walking the esoteric path to hide things "in plain sight", as it were. So in the end, I'm in the position that everyone who has taken a serious look at the VM is extremely familiar with: ¯\(o_O)/¯

Also, if there were plant life such as shown in the manuscript certainly at least one of them would have been discovered at some point as a fossil, would it not?

On this point I must disagree. But the reason you might think that is very understandable...the term "fossil record" gives the impression--as do most high school and early college texts--that the fossils that have been discovered represent a fairly complete record of most everything that has at one time or another lived on this planet.

OT Warning-the following text is incredibly off-topic
The truth is, fossils require extraordinary circumstances in order for them to form. Most things on land die, fall down, and spend a few months decomposing and being dismantled, carried off in bits, and consumed. In a short number of years, even the bones are gone(or central trunks, if it was flora). Fossils must be completely encased in a mineral-rich, bacteria-poor substance like clays, sands, volcanic ash, etc., in a very short time after death, and then that encasement must not be disturbed at all, for a long, long time. This usually means some sort of catastrophic event, because only such events have the requisite energy to lift, move, and drop the huge amounts of material required to make a tomb that will be inviolate for millions of years.
In short, for something to become a fossil, it must be overtaken by an event so powerful that it can dismantle the surrounding ecosystem(tear up all the plants, rip away all the organic topsoil) and subsequently bury the future fossil in a deep bed of minerals that will eventually coalesce into stone, and it must do all of this nearly instantly.

The speed at which all of this violence can occur is beautifully illustrated by the following image(click for full size version):
Dude was having a leisurely lunch and BAM!! -- Do Not Pass "Go", Do Not Collect $200, Go Directly to Fossil. Didn't even have time to swallow his last meal. There are plenty of fossils like this one, of animals that obviously died in something that happened so fast and with such violence that before they even knew something was coming, they were dead. (Another one I recall seeing--but I don't have the picture--was two turtles, fossilized mid-coitus. Not a bad way to go, all things considered.)

The vast majority of living things do not die in large scale catastrophic events(if they did, there probably wouldn't be any living things). Happily, this is because there are very few large scale catastrophic events that have taken place. Accordingly, the vast majority of found fossils stem from one of five known major "extinction events" in earth's history. There are some that aren't related to those global catastrophes, such as what was found in the La Brea tar pits, but those are a small percentage of what is already an extremely tiny percentage of the total number of things that have lived and died on earth.

So no...if there were plants like what is shown in the VM, it is not probable that one would have been fossilized. Not impossible, but not probable. (Even less probable once you add in the fact that someone has to find said fossil before it is destroyed in some way by natural processes.)
If you considered a list of every plant, animal, and fish ever to have lived on earth to be a "Life Record" (and I picture it as an actual old-school vinyl record), then imagine a large truck first hitting and then driving over that record, shattering it into thousands of tiny pieces, and then the vortex of wind caused by the truck's passage scattering those pieces everywhere...the four or five tiny slivers of vinyl left on the ground in front of you would be the "Fossil Record".

/end OT

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

muzzleflash
Science before "the scientific age" was called Alchemy in most cases.

...or Natural Philosophy.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

muzzleflash
John Dee sounds like the most reasonable explanation so far.

You'd think so, but this BBC documentary--which I thought was quite good--delves into that question and comes up negative.

I can't recall if this has been posted here already, so if it has...my apologies.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here is my contribution. When I looked the picture in Wiki, it reminded me of numbered stanza. I compared against Hindu-Arabic numerical, and there isn't any match.

Original picture : File:Voynich Manuscript (119).jpg

Hindu–Arabic numeral system: Hindu–Arabic numeral system

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
Now what bout the baby dragon? I posted the image on this thread somewhere.

Here:

What would an archaic, esoteric treatise on human reproductive DNA do without its reference to the Serpent?

edit on 13/10/19 by Tsurugi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

VimanaExplorer
Here is my contribution. When I looked the picture in Wiki, it reminded me of numbered stanza. I compared against Hindu-Arabic numerical, and there isn't any match.

But you referring to them as "stanza" is interesting...it made me look at it differently.
Could the symbol at the beginning of each line indicate an exclusion pattern for that line? ...surely it can't be that simple, right? Somebody would have thought of it already.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Tsurugi

But you referring to them as "stanza" is interesting...it made me look at it differently.
Could the symbol at the beginning of each line indicate an exclusion pattern for that line? ...surely it can't be that simple, right? Somebody would have thought of it already.

You are right, if it is that simple someone must have noticed that already. Then again, unless someone recognizes that pattern, one won't think that way. It could be that first symbol do indeed have some meaning attached to it.

The reason I thought of this way is because of my child hood experience. One of my dad's uncle run into an ancient Palm-leaf manuscript - Wiki . My dad and his uncle spend months decoding it, and I had a chance to look into that. My dad even copied the text into a book from the palm-leaf because the condition was so bad.

The interesting thing is , it is dividing into proper numbered stanza. At first, even we thought of it as a Botanical reference, what it turned out to be a medical (ayurvedic) transcript to treat snake venom using medicinal plants.
edit on 19-10-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: Wiki reference added

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

VimanaExplorer

The reason I thought of this way is because of my child hood experience. One of my dad's uncle run into an ancient Palm-leaf manuscript - Wiki . My dad and his uncle spend months decoding it, and I had a chance to look into that. My dad even copied the text into a book from the palm-leaf because the condition was so bad.

Wow! That is really fascinating...you should write a detailed account of that with a couple illustrations or pictures and post it, it would make a great thread!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This manuscript puts me in the mind of a particular chapter in the Book of Enoch.

Chapter 7

1 And all the others together with them (this indicates their armies did follow them) took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms 2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they 3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed 4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against 5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and 6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood (cannibalism). Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

So hmm.....could this be angelic language teaching the cutting of roots?

Are those pregnant ladies drawn supposed to be the mothers of giants? (I can imagine having some back pain during that pregnancy)

Maybe those nice green baths are specially designed to help with the bearing of a giant fetus.

Fascinating stuff.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join