It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript 'Has Genuine Message'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

That one picture reminds me of Superman in his pod.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I found this interesting...I suppose the dating of this would have to be when 13 zodiacs were accepted...not sure when that was...any idea when there were 13 zodiac signs?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

What if these are plants that are in the ocean? There are many species we have yet to discover...maybe that is why they are not known species, but if that is the case how did they make pictures of them....they must have had visual, right? Is it possible these are just imagination? This book and its pictures are absolutely mind boggling, if it is a hoax...it goes down as the greatest hoax ever.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree

What if these are plants that are in the ocean? There are many species we have yet to discover...maybe that is why they are not known species, but if that is the case how did they make pictures of them....they must have had visual, right? Is it possible these are just imagination? This book and its pictures are absolutely mind boggling, if it is a hoax...it goes down as the greatest hoax ever.

I swear these look like very ancient plants, in the many eras prior to ours sense. Is there anywhere online with a good photo database of botanical fossils? I'm cautiously willing to bet these might be depictions of fossilized plants.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Suppose that the voynich manuscript was not a hoax...but a poorly transcribed or copied text of a legitimate text of the day in a language foreign to the transcriber ? Suppose its author tried to copy it to sell it in the early 1400's. I don't know how well I'd do with a pen and colored markers attempting to copy a book written in Russian and then copy the illustrations. But make a good go at a copy....sans photocopiers in the 1400's....Perhaps done to sell to visiting tourists or scholars. It was written on expensive velum. So maybe not a hoax....or cypher....perhaps done by an illiterate even to sell to tourists , scholars or alchemists of the day. www.tabletmag.com...

Or it was, as was mentioned, a description of the course on a day of golfing with much ale supplied by the gorgeous armor and spears sales reps from the blacksmith who sponsored the days golf outing in 1450 A.D.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Cinemashow because: Added clarity

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinemashow

Suppose that the voynich manuscript was not a hoax...but a poorly transcribed or copied text of a legitimate text of the day in a language foreign to the transcriber ? Suppose its author tried to copy it to sell it in the early 1400's. I don't know how well I'd do with a pen and colored markers attempting to copy a book written in Russian and then copy the illustrations. But make a good go at a copy....sans photocopiers in the 1400's....Perhaps done to sell to visiting tourists or scholars. It was written on expensive velum. So maybe not a hoax....or cypher....perhaps done by an illiterate even to sell to tourists , scholars or alchemists of the day. www.tabletmag.com...

Or it was, as was mentioned, a description of the course on a day of golfing with much ale supplied by the gorgeous armor and spears sales reps from the blacksmith who sponsored the days golf outing in 1450 A.D.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Cinemashow because: Added clarity

Scribes usually could not read. So it was always a "foreign" language to them. They just copied symbols.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It was written by women. Read The Caliban and the Witch. Also, The Chalice and the Blade. Women were the original healers, seers, and keepers of wisdom, both Earthly and other-Earthly. This manuscript is in a female-only code designed to keep the contents safe from invasive male eyes. Men have, over thousands of years, suppressed and destroyed knowledge known only to women. They have done this by murdering billions of women over a very long period of time, thus effectively erasing those women's culture, knowledge and stories.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think this is something that might be worth looking at.

I’m going to say I’m no language expert and I don’t know all the research done on the Voynich Manusciprt. I did try a Google search and the closest I came to was that there was a supposed link to Hindi and that it shared similarities to Devanagari. I suggest that it is not similar but may very well indeed at least in part be Devanagari.

Patterns and similarities are something I'm really good at finding and for the life of me I could swear I saw the writing in the Voynich manuscript and then I stumbled upon a book I had about Mudras and saw the Devanagari script in it. If you Google Devanagari script you can see the definite similarity to the style.

Here is the part I am adding. Much like the alchemists and other authors who wrote in code to hide their writings from prying eyes I would do the same as a kid only not so elaborately. I would leave parts of the letter out or I would rotate the letter. I think this might be the case here. Many of the symbols match up you remove them from the line they are attached to and rotate them or mirror image them and they match up. It’s honestly so stupid simple I have a hard time believing no has thought or tried this yet.

edit on 15-10-2013 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

Can u provide an example?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

According to this documentary, the inks are from this planet and the manuscript was written around 1404-1438AD. They base the origin around Northern Italy based on the swallowed-tail battlements in some (maybe only one) pictures which were first used there around that time frame.

It was a really interesting documentary.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Yes, but give me a little to gather it. I don't have photoshop so I'll see what I can throw together.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nvm that was this post....disregard
edit on 15-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Rosinitiate

Yeah, pretty cool comparison to micro biology.

They might had had lenses to see things like that.

Maybe with some blur. Someone drawing a 100 imaginary plants might have stared closely at real ones.

Note: might not be imaginary, just a comment.

Good thread you got here Astyanax!!
edit on 15-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I can't help but feel its a medical text book... Has anyone tried to identify any plants? Just curious if found and mixed, if they'd contain any medicinal properties..

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

according to this very recent link it's been deciphered ...It's in coded Arabic & it's about Sufism.

voynich2arabic.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

cathar
reply to post by HooHaa

according to this very recent link it's been deciphered ...It's in coded Arabic & it's about Sufism.

voynich2arabic.wordpress.com...

WTF!!

Remarks:
* There’s a strong relation between the book and probably the fall of the Umyyad dynasty and the establishment of the Abbasid a time through which the adopting and containing of the multi nationals (among which the Persianized arabs of Khurasn and the Sasanid shahs originally from the Sasanid dynasty the second Persian empire) were prominent.

hpserv.clearlight.com...

There's even passages about Mosses. Aye carumba, so what's up with all the damn plants?

All that said, the translations and the process is quite amazing. Much to look into on the site. Thanks for sharing. Might even need its own thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

HooHaa
I can't help but feel its a medical text book... Has anyone tried to identify any plants? Just curious if found and mixed, if they'd contain any medicinal properties..

The official answer to this was no plant in the book could be definitively identified as any known plant life this side of the Mesozoic.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xiaomaodiannao

Thank you for reviving this dormant thread. Have you any evidence to support the claim that the Manuscript was written by women? Merely quoting book titles doesn't cut the mustard here on ATS. Perhaps a quote or two from the relevant chapters?

reply to post by DetectiveT

Sorry, this won't fly. I am familiar with Devanagari script; it looks absolutely nothing like the script in which the Manuscript is written.

reply to post by cathar

Now this sounds plausible. Unfortunately, the 'translated' texts are gibberish. By the way, they download as MS Word files, so be careful.

The mystery remains unsolved, my friends. Speculate away!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
Well if you take a look at this image:

Clearly there is some intersting geometry here.

The point of the sun's rays is 2/3 that of the highest points. That which depicts the bue banner and the stars adjacent.

Although this particular image was a sketch (and a sloppy one at that) I can't help but feel this image was known and common to the author of this book. Meaning he simply re-drew it from memory, kinda like we do with an American flag or something. It does appear to be a calendar or celestial cycle or something. But if you break it down, there is clearly more than meets the eye:

Have a look:

This is certainly no random sketch. Can we find anything similar in other ancient writings?

This is interesting as the red/blue/white rays between each point may be the colours of the spectrum from one end to the other, coming from the white light?

What do you think?

Also the scanned documents do not seem to be in order, on the final page of the website the back cover comes before a few other pages appear
edit on 19-10-2013 by TheNewKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

punkinworks10
reply to post by stormcell

It has been suggested that the images in the
manuscript contain coded information.

I was looking at them again - perhaps they are code wheels used for the decoding of text. Every word on the outside of the wheel would encode to syllables on the inside. Or maybe the number of stars in each petal means something.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join