It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript 'Has Genuine Message'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

As far as I'm concerned, "manuscript156" is solved as far as I'm concerned. That image is apparently a microphotoscopic representation.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
reply to post by howmuch4another

Well I would love to think it is some book written by a monk of sorts and coded so not to receive reprisals from others.....but....then....I see this:

Come guys!! What the HELL is that?

A diagram of something very invloved. Judging by other pics from other pages...you can see some of those designs taking place in the diagram. This picture above is strying to explain how something works. Almost like, how the DNA modification process took place using a particular fruit.....Ambrosia!! HAHAHAHA. *sigh*

I really don't know and just like all those before me, equally baffled. That said, there is far far far more than meets the eye here. A simply explanation of someone just hiding something from the church or governments just don't ring true to me.

They look like sketches of microphotographs of plant stems. Do a image search for that term, you will see lots of circular and other shapes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Leonardo Da Vincis SECRET drawings revealed, PURE GENIUS, page 3

Originally posted by sapien82 Id like to draw attention to something I noticed on the sketches especially the foetus in the womb. I have looked at anatomical sketches of the womb before as I done modules in physiotoxicology in university for my toxicology course. Most of which were related to birth defects. I have never seen the little what appear to be micro villi in the drawings ive studied of the womb. Yet Da vinci's drawing cleary shows what I can only assume are microvilli ! showing how the cell wall of the womb is attached to the lining of the body it appears as though he had discovered that micro villi are part of this surface of tissue for absorption . Microvilli are called such as they require a microscope to see them , and microscopes were not invented until 1590 , and the sketch was done in 1489

They look like sketches of microphotographs of plant stems. Do a image search for that term, you will see lots of circular and other shapes.

interesting ! as Leonardo Da Vinci Did the Same thing during the late 15th and early 16th Century ...

with His Art of Scetches of the Human Body Jut Like the plant Stems of the Voynich Manuscript it that what it is

it make you wonder what they have used to see

edit on 23-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Hmm the top right picture appears to have a castle in it, not sure if that would appear in a stalk of a plant. If you look at the top right circular image there is a castle looking thing with turrets at the front.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Its a bit out there but has been mentioned by someone else in this thread, and I totally agree. Given the fact that their are no corrections and the amateur quality of the artwork it reminds me of experiences I have had while drawing on psychedelics. You start to stream the information so fast and clearly that it is quite easy to continuously draw without fine detail at HIGH speeds. When I do this I do it from an artistic viewpoint and the only thing I really have to "Stream" is the concept. Can be described as doodling with hyper concentration while your mind red lines. While on the other hand your handwriting in this state becomes crisp and detailed due to the familiarity of the letters and your intimate knowledge of their shapes.

Not saying this is what happened. Very well may have paid a scribe who worked hard. But I believe 100% this could have been created by the author while in some drug induced state. Matter of fact, its probably the easiest way to achieve this sort of work lol. If he paid a scribe, I could have helped for a lot cheaper. Would also explain the plants which have never been found before as well as the artwork. I mean, plants with faces in their roots.... Lol tell me thats scientific with a straight face lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeTimez

I remember thinking this too at some point, but if this was true then wouldn't the pictures have been a little neater than they were? It was the appearance of the drawings that pointed me toward a scribe being hired to copy the book.

Something that came to me today:
What if Dee didn't own the book, but rather was barrowing the book from someone. Then instead of studying the book, he took it to a scribe and had it copied. If this is the case then the manuscript we see could be a copy of a copy, but if this was the case then it could lead us closer to figuring out who had the book before Dee (which is important because it could show us an origin source for the language used in it)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My initial reaction is the opposite of that an alien wrote it, that it was written by someone who visited a distant world and documented what they saw and experienced.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

edit on 24-6-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by howmuch4another

The problem I see with alien theories is the lack of quality in the art work.

That's an interesting POV, are aliens known for the quality of their art?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

48v-49r left page is Oak leaves. Most of the other "plants" look more like roots.
edit on 24-6-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here is a good documentary from National Geographic, it has some good information about how the book is made, and goes through some of the most obvious theories.
It's worth the time

edit on 24-6-2013 by kongle because: first time posting videolink, had some trouble getting it right

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

What if Dee didn't own the book, but rather was barrowing the book from someone. Then instead of studying the book, he took it to a scribe and had it copied.

Or, since it was something esoteric and potentially dangerous to own, he may have copied it himself. It seems clear that the Manuscript is a copy of something – either a fair copy of the original author's preliminary notes and sketches or a copy of an already-existing finished work.

The quality of the art (or lack of it) mean nothing. Not everyone is gifted with artistic skill – and there is no reason to think aliens would differ from humans in this regard. For the record, I think the work is actually quite good – and I know a little bit, though not very much, about art. If the author of the Manuscript had been aiming for formal accuracy he could have used compasses and rulers to draw some of his figures, just as Rosinitiate did in the thread. The drawings in the Manuscript are not neat and tidy, but I find some of them quite beautiful.

To me, the interesting question is not whether the book is a copy or not, or even who owned it, but what it's about, and where the originals of those bizarre-looking plants and other objects came from. Perhaps the answer is simply the author's imagination, but until the Manuscript is deciphered we can never know.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

The only reason why I feel that knowing where the book came from is that it could help in figuring out what language this book is written in. Translating this book is a feat in of itself, and I personally find that trying a go at it every now and then helps keep the mind going. So to me regardless of what the book says, it's the challenge of just finding out what it says that interesting.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
wow it has been carbon dated of the yearly years of 1400 to 1420 Amazing Showing Micro Illustrations >>??

from the period as it is claimed ... and the possible location of its creation Italy as a Drawing of a Castle from which shows dove tails, on top the castle that was only know in Italy during the time period which it was created ?? and it was Found in a Chest of a Priest Bought by another Priest ... hmmm... ?

I Say The Book in my Belief Could Be a Pagan:: Witches Sorcerers Reference Book right ...
It does Have all the Aliments as such ... >>?? Astronomy Biology Plants ( Herbs Medicine >?)
Showing All Human Females well except aDragon in the Mix ...
Blown up Fold outs of what look like Cells of Plants etc.. made From Animal Skin Parchment.. ??

Something Witchy is going on

A unquiqe Code ( Could be ) only to the Writter of the Book ??

Well seeing in the 15th Century was Heavy in witch hunting ... it could very well be....

Witch trials in the early modern period
Beginning of the witch hunts during the 15th century
en.wikipedia.org...

oon, the idea of identifying and prosecuting witches spread throughout the neighboring areas of northern Italy, Switzerland and southern Germany, and it was at Basel that the Council of Basel assembled from 1431 to 1437. This Church Council, which had been attended by such anti-witchcraft figures as Johann Nider and Martin Le Franc, helped to standardize the stereotype of the Satanic witch that would be propagated throughout the rest of the trials.[47]

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
Well if you take a look at this image:

Clearly there is some intersting geometry here.

The point of the sun's rays is 2/3 that of the highest points. That which depicts the bue banner and the stars adjacent.

Although this particular image was a sketch (and a sloppy one at that) I can't help but feel this image was known and common to the author of this book. Meaning he simply re-drew it from memory, kinda like we do with an American flag or something. It does appear to be a calendar or celestial cycle or something. But if you break it down, there is clearly more than meets the eye:

Have a look:

This is certainly no random sketch. Can we find anything similar in other ancient writings?

That diagram is very similar to a sailors "compass rose"

This page has lots of interesting words:

en.wikipedia.org...

I came across something similar while trying to decode "base64" encoded png files. They repeated letters a similar way. I wonder if this book could be encoded using a Caesar cipher using a code wheel? There are some
circular drawing in the centre pages.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

It has been suggested that the images in the
manuscript contain coded information.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Why would the fact that there are no corrections mean that it is a recreation?

I don't follow that logic at all. The author would have worked out his code on another piece of paper, obviously. Once he has all that info he just sets to writing.

As far as the artwork goes, again, it doesn't follow. The art work isn't all that good to begin with, so I see no reason for anything to be corrected. Plus, you can make corrections with art if you wanted anyways just as DaVinci did with Mona Lisa.
edit on 23-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

This website might have an explanation: medievalwriting.50megs.com...

The pattern of the words of the original message was created using an encryption grille; a sheet of card with enough holes to write a long message in. You place the card over the sheet of paper you want to write on, then write in your message through all those holes. Finally, you remove the card, and write in gibberish all around the words to obscure your original message. The author of this website has demonstrated this is possible.
It's obvious to see that the same symbols are used time and time again.

Now, without those cards, the messages would be imp

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've always thought that the manuscript looks like something straight out of the Myst game series. Not suggesting anything hinky, but wondering if perhaps the Rand brothers over at Cyan maybe took some artistic inspiration from this book

I had a thought occur to me while reading through this thread. Not many of the plant depictions are from anything we actually have on the recent/currently living botanical record, right? Well, what about the fossil record? Could some of these be depictions of what a plant fossil may have looked like alive eons ago? Has anyone who's studied this book ever compared the plant images to the fossil record out of curiosity?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

What about the fact the plants are not recognizable...would those be in code?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nustle

That's where Jack and the Beanstalk came from.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join