It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript 'Has Genuine Message'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TopsyTurvyOne

You mean Star Trek? No I haven't actually.
I pulled it up....about the Borgs and stuff?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Are you saying that that picture is a 3D-glyph? That's would be an interesting idea (could be fun to find someone with a 3D printer and make an object using the data shown in that foldout)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday

Are you saying that that picture is a 3D-glyph? That's would be an interesting idea (could be fun to find someone with a 3D printer and make an object using the data shown in that foldout)

that was the solution in the movie. and fact is oft stranger than fiction.
another thought is that the overlaying/overlapping of certain select pages might reveal
something coherent and understandable.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
After spending the better part of 2hrs recreating that one image and then reflecting on what I just did, something occured to me.

As was mentioned previously in this thread, there are no corrections.

Therefore one can deduce it was a recreation of another piece of work. For the time in which it was recreated, a lot of resources was placed into its creation, judging from the binding, the art and the penmanship.

If one thinks about the time, money and effort to recreate this, yet if I were to judge based off of my own skills in art, I would say this author is sub-par yet really good for its pre-renassaince time period.

That said, from an artists point of view, the artist in this reproduction was only somewhat knowledgable in geometry and but clearly struggles in it's recreation. Take the example I drew earlier today:

Here is just the sun outline:

In this sketch, I used a circular object on my desk (no compass) and a ruler to make it, nothing more. Yet my ability to get the geometry more accurate then the author is telling in itself. Cleary someone who didn't go around designing geometric patterns for a living, yet, was commisioned to create this manuscript?

All in all, I can't help but think that this author was simply asked to reproduce a book that was held in someone's possesion at some point in time and has since vanished. I want to see the ORIGINAL!!

I'd be willing to bet the orginal was probably closer to a Earth Sciences school book from Venus or what have you. Perhaps Mars pre-cataclysm and #.

I think if there was a way to recreate this pic below, in the manner it was originally intended to be (no offense to this author who was clearly out of his league) would be very telling indeed.

Although I'm not going to pretend I will have any luck, I will however give it a shot.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

You mean Star Trek? No I haven't actually.
I pulled it up....about the Borgs and stuff?

did i write first contact? i am sorry. it is called contact. with jodie foster.
en.wikipedia.org...(film)

The project is put under tight security and its progress followed worldwide. Arroway learns that the signal contains more than 60,000 "pages" of what appear to be technical drawings. Hadden decodes the pages; the drawings are meant to be interpreted in three dimensions. This reveals a complex machine allowing for one human occupant inside a pod to be dropped into three spinning rings.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh by the way, if someone can think of another type of picture similar but of something modern, perhaps it will help me recreate, or at least cast light on what this may have been.

All I keep thinking of is the map for Metroid.

Come to think of it................

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by howmuch4another

Well I would love to think it is some book written by a monk of sorts and coded so not to receive reprisals from others.....but....then....I see this:

Come guys!! What the HELL is that?

A diagram of something very invloved. Judging by other pics from other pages...you can see some of those designs taking place in the diagram. This picture above is strying to explain how something works. Almost like, how the DNA modification process took place using a particular fruit.....Ambrosia!! HAHAHAHA. *sigh*

I really don't know and just like all those before me, equally baffled. That said, there is far far far more than meets the eye here. A simply explanation of someone just hiding something from the church or governments just don't ring true to me.

I think it's close to depicting a plant cell. That's what first popped into my head when I looked at it. Since most of the plants are unidentifiable I imagine the cells would also be unidentifiable to us. Of course I realize this would also suggest that whoever made this manuscript had microscopic viewing capabilities.

edit on 22-6-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Okay, confirmed! The .pdf I found was a different one pretending to be the Voynich Manuscript, but it was written in the same style in the 1980's - an indecipherable language, plant pictures, etc. by Luigi Serafini.

Just a heads up!

Link still works.
Weird stuff there, worth a look for sure.
edit on 22-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

That's pretty genius man. Although the author of "this" manuscript might not needed a microscope, but the original author he copied it from probably did.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why are the pages numbered in a "western" numeric language?

Why wouldn't the numbers also be in another language?

Where the numbers added later? Is that why they skip pages and only are seen at the top right of the page on the right of the opened book?

This looks like an early version of "outsider art" to me. Like an autistic genius that invented a fantasy book that no one ever knew about until one day probably hundreds of years after his or her death.
Reminds me of a Henry Darger from the Middle Ages or something.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What stands out most to me is the use of a particular letter. Notice how regardless of what word or where the letter is located, doesn't change its appearance (best I can tell, no letter change based off of order and location):

Interesting. Looks like it says "Piso" . I wonder if it could be referring to the Piso family. Gaius Calpurnius Piso who was a roman consul around 65 A.D.?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Looks to me like overhead views of villages, towns and castle-like fortifications with the connections being representative of the roads in between them. In other words, Google Maps.

How can it be of alien origin if the pages are number in Arabic?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What peaked my interest a couple of years ago was the pictures with the nude ladies, it made me think of a description given by a person under hypnosis of the journey back to source between lives. It was from a book I had read some years earlier, and the image had stuck with me. ( I think it must have been 'Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives' by Micheal Newton)
The Voynich manuscript have fascinated me ever since, and I have read almost everything I could find on the topic.
Usually it's not informative, but some theories are interesting. There is one that involves the idea of an early days microscope, which would sort of explain the indecipherable text, as this type of science would most likely have been seen as some sort of witchcraft, and would most likely have to be kept a secret.Even though this would explain why the text is coded, it does not explain how it is coded.
The biggest problem with the Voynich manuscript is that noone have been able to make total sense of it as of yet.
As far as I know they have dated the pages and ink, it was found the be from the early 1400s.
The drawings and illustrations appear to be from that period, but unskillfully done, that is, not by a scribe. The book itself would have been quite expensive to have made.And the writings and illustrations would have taken years. It does not make any sense. Any theories?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
the nude ladies to me look like they're squashing grapes

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Also, as far as deciphering the text goes, so far nothing we have tried have worked, either it is totally made up,and that is the reason why it won't fit into code equation, or it is a total unknown, which would mean, all our deciphering algorithms are useless. If it is a language from another civilization or even another world, what are the chances they would have the same information algorithms as us?

ps: I am sorry if some of the terms are wrong, English is not my first language.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kongle

No need to apologise, your English is a lot better than my Norwegian

As to your points; yes, if it was written by someone from another time and/or place then our methods of deciphering the language would be utterly useless. Probably.

The point is that despite the first impression that we are dealing with a random and inane series of "words" assembled in an inconsequential and trivial manner, what we actually see if we look deeper is something that is barely recognizable. There are aspects of the manuscripts language that look human, familiar, if only slightly.

I suppose that no matter how hard one tries to write something alien in appearance they cannot help but leave their humanistic fingerprints here and there. It is this aspect that has kept people interested throughout the decades.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This image seems to me like either an astrological chart or a 12 hour clock. Maybe it represents a particular date?

This image makes me think of the nine realms of Norse mythology, connected by the Tree of Life.

My impression of the manuscript is that it might be an alchemist's notebook. That would explain the botonay, astrology, etc.
----------------------
When the Knights Templar were "protecting" travelers to the Holy Land, they had a system. Before they left, the travelers would turn over their money to the Templars, and they were given a paper with a script only the Templars could read. When they arrived at their destination, the Templars could read the script and give the person the money they were supposed to have. This was done so the people couldn't be robbed in transit. The script was worthless to the wrong person. The system worked because no one was able to decipher the Templar writing.

Maybe this is an example of the Templar writing.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I always suspected that the manuscript was written by Hildegard of Bingen or by one of her disciples or nuns. There is something about the manuscript that reminds me of her not in an overt way but rather more indirect. But it also reminds me of some monastic notebooks on flora by those who worked with Mendel.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melekim
reply to post by Astyanax

I always suspected that the manuscript was written by Hildegard of Bingen or by one of her disciples or nuns. There is something about the manuscript that reminds me of her not in an overt way but rather more indirect. But it also reminds me of some monastic notebooks on flora by those who worked with Mendel.

Hildegard of Bingen lived in the 1100s, the Voynich manuscript has been dated to the 1400s.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Based on the dating of the manuscript, I wonder if this was some kind of witch doctor that was trying to preserve some medieval thought on the universe without being "found out" and burned at the stake for some ancient esoteric practices.

It looks like they did find some Latin in the book.

That's why many witches use ciphers in their grimoires or books of shadows. For example, I use Theban for mine so, if you were to pick it up, it would only make sense to a few people. Even the illustrations I create for it are one-offs of what they really mean.

I'm thinking you are closer to the truth than the other theories I've seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join