It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript 'Has Genuine Message'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well if you take a look at this image:

Clearly there is some intersting geometry here.

The point of the sun's rays is 2/3 that of the highest points. That which depicts the bue banner and the stars adjacent.

Although this particular image was a sketch (and a sloppy one at that) I can't help but feel this image was known and common to the author of this book. Meaning he simply re-drew it from memory, kinda like we do with an American flag or something. It does appear to be a calendar or celestial cycle or something. But if you break it down, there is clearly more than meets the eye:

Have a look:

This is certainly no random sketch. Can we find anything similar in other ancient writings?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Maybe I missed it...what exactly was or is the "genuine message" conveyed here?

You didn't miss it. The people who published that paper haven't deciphered the text. They've managed to establish (to a peer review board's satisfaction, at least) that the book is written in genuine language and the text has genuine meaning. Headline writers do tend to oversimply things, don't they?

Reassuringly, the research paper on which the news story is based is titled 'Keywords and Co-Occurrence Patterns in the Voynich Manuscript: An Information-Theoretic Analysis'.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by notsum1

1. Ah, the conspiratorial note. But what reason could one have for letting people see and study an ancient, unreadable book?

2. If Atlantis had been made of coral, perhaps. Or perhaps the coral grew after it sank?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The most intriguing book I have ever seen, thats for sure... What about this page, what are those two heads doing at the end of the roots of this plant? Eating it will make a mind-melt between two people possible..looks like an opium plant btw..?

link

The drawings are made by somebody with no artistic skills or talent if I look at the figure persons drawn. Somewhat childish... The writen stuff on the otherhand is told to be of exceptional quality..

One of the great mysteries of our planet...
edit on 22/6/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/6/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Rosinitiate

what if the manuscript is the journal of an alien or inter/extra dimensional visitor who was making field notes...

Oh, you're going to love this page of the Manuscript, ma'am.

Note the interesting location of the big blot, compared with, for instance, this.

Well that is certainly interesting. There are so many contradicting theories on this it fascinates me. Thanks for the thread OP.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Rosinitiate

what if the manuscript is the journal of an alien or inter/extra dimensional visitor who was making field notes...

Oh, you're going to love this page of the Manuscript, ma'am.

Note the interesting location of the big blot, compared with, for instance, this.

Wow, that is just crazy! And backwards.....I wonder from what perspective it was drawn from!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I've heard theories that range from galactic travelers journal to a coded history of earths evolution including things we imagine like panspermia. Weird for sure and no real answers.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

The problem I see with alien theories is the lack of quality in the art work.

It is pretty well known that in renaissance times authors tended to code their work if the subject was deemed heretical by the church.

This is most likely the case.

Most of the women depicted are pregnant.
Obviously botany plays a role as well.

It has to be a medical journal in my estimation.
Why would it be coded then?
Perhaps it deals with killing babies and/or illustrates times in when women may become pregnant (all the astrological stuff). Either way, to an ignorant church, this may be construed as heretical.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Guys, in case you are interested, the .pdf document can be found and downloaded legitimately here! I love it! (www....(nolink)/download/mijyjz3yeqm/Luigi.Serafini.-.Codex.Seraphinianus.pdf)

There are so many exotic plants and such, is it an alien manuscript?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Whatever it is and wherever it came from originally. We have to acknowledge that

1.) the plants are unknown and if coded....quite an interesting concept to encode both pictures and text in such an elementary way yet completely unbreakable by the best of the best.

2.) There is some really unique imagery in there.

3.) Some beautiful and exotic designs that if nothing else as simply neat to look at.

For me, well hey, at least I can say that me and the original author have shared a similar experience.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yep. That's pretty much how I lean with the usual questions about who and when. My mom used to graft plants when I was a kid so I'm not keen on saying these are some alien plants.

I think the pregnant women combined with what may be genealogical records the great head scratcher.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Good to see that work this enigmatic manuscript has been published in a respected journal.
After reading the paper I went back and read the history of the manuscript, I believe that it is some work not sanctioned by the church, or governments in the area, and that the content is coded in several languages that are commbined into a lexicon with a recombinated grammar. Then it was wriitten down using a created alphabet.
There might even be information encodedd into the artwork.

One of the main reasons I have this opinion is that many of the greatest minds of the late medieval and early renaissance, coded their notes, so as to protect themselves against the insurances, intact Rene Descartes not only did that but also published works under a pseudonym.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

Whatever it is and wherever it came from originally. We have to acknowledge that

1.) the plants are unknown and if coded....quite an interesting concept to encode both pictures and text in such an elementary way yet completely unbreakable by the best of the best.

3.) Some beautiful and exotic designs that if nothing else as simply neat to look at.

For me, well hey, at least I can say that me and the original author have shared a similar experience.

Yeah I was just going to comment on your catch and ask your opinions on the plants. There looks to be a kind of theme geometrically speaking no?
Neat artwork

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Why hasn't the parchment the VM was written on been analysed? Wouldn't that tell where and when the manuscript was written, what the parchment was made of and what kind of ink was used could establish the locality
of the material.

To me it looks like a primitive conceptual art piece.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

It has been analyzed, the parchment and materials used to write and draw on it. They determined the age and composition of both, but I don't remember the details- just that it's really OLD.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So... I think the likelihood of it being a manual from another planet that was accidentally left behind or given to someone is actually higher than someone taking years out of their life to encrypt / create a new language, make up a bunch of plants, figure out some way to redo astrology and astronomy, etc. and have access to all kinds of cultural information not here on Earth... / make it up.

I would be willing to bet that some clues from its origin might be taken from star charts present, if there are any.
edit on 22-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

P.S. The link on my Google Drive for the full .pdf is here. It saves clicking on individual images.

I might do an analysis on this later. I actually just made a major discovery I think will prove that it is of alien origin. Expect a thread on it soon, I do not think ANY of you will doubt it, depending on what I find.

Thanks for bringing this up, O.P... I have to look at the copy I have and figure out what's going on with it, I think that it might be a different book.
edit on 22-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well I would love to think it is some book written by a monk of sorts and coded so not to receive reprisals from others.....but....then....I see this:

Come guys!! What the HELL is that?

A diagram of something very invloved. Judging by other pics from other pages...you can see some of those designs taking place in the diagram. This picture above is strying to explain how something works. Almost like, how the DNA modification process took place using a particular fruit.....Ambrosia!! HAHAHAHA. *sigh*

I really don't know and just like all those before me, equally baffled. That said, there is far far far more than meets the eye here. A simply explanation of someone just hiding something from the church or governments just don't ring true to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I absolutely agree with you.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A few things about the manuscript that are important:
(1) No corrections were made (as pointed out before in this thread)
(2) It's a nicely bound book, that was taken well care of
(3) It's written in a real, but not understood language

(1) No corrections;
While this may not be a big thing, remember that back when this book was written they had to be scribed by hand. No corrections means that this book come from another source, and that whom ever had this book copied paid a princely sum to have it done exactly as the original book. (I wonder where the original book is?)

(2) Nicely bound and taken care of:
Clearly the person who commissioned this book to be scribed not only valued the information held in it, but also understood what the book was about. (I might be jumping to assumptions here, but the amount spent on this book getting copied does seem to point to it being for a major power player of the day)

(3) Written in a unknown language:
Secret Societies, Alchemic Guilds, and Religious Cults all used unknown languages to hide their convalesces from the over reaching grip of the Roman Catholic Church. The other interesting thought though is that it could be written in an African Language that doesn't exist anymore (all we would have to do about this is just look at the African Empires that existed during that time, or even a little before the time when the book was written)

The Manuscript has been a fun hobby of mine for the last 20 years (no, I'm not a serious researcher on it, but even since getting a chance to see the book in person back in the 90's) it's kind of fun to ponder what and where this book came from.

Some fun facts:
From Yale. (Yale Beinecke Library)

Like its contents, the history of ownership of the Voynich manuscript is contested and filled with some gaps. The codex belonged to Emperor Rudolph II of Germany (Holy Roman Emperor, 1576-1612), who purchased it for 600 gold ducats and believed that it was the work of Roger Bacon. It is very likely that Emperor Rudolph acquired the manuscript from the English astrologer John Dee (1527-1608). Dee apparently owned the manuscript along with a number of other Roger Bacon manuscripts. In addition, Dee stated that he had 630 ducats in October 1586, and his son noted that Dee, while in Bohemia, owned "a booke...containing nothing butt Hieroglyphicks, which booke his father bestowed much time upon: but I could not heare that hee could make it out." Emperor Rudolph seems to have given the manuscript to Jacobus Horcicky de Tepenecz (d. 1622), an exchange based on the inscription visible only with ultraviolet light on folio 1r which reads: "Jacobi de Tepenecz." Johannes Marcus Marci of Cronland presented the book to Athanasius Kircher (1601-1680) in 1666. In 1912, Wilfred M. Voynich purchased the manuscript from the Jesuit College at Frascati near Rome. In 1969, the codex was given to the Beinecke Library by H. P. Kraus, who had purchased it from the estate of Ethel Voynich, Wilfrid Voynich's widow.

And you can get a download of the manuscript here:
Also Yale's Beinecke Library
edit on 22-6-2013 by Guyfriday because: added a quote

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Well I would love to think it is some book written by a monk of sorts and coded so not to receive reprisals from others.....but....then....I see this:

Come guys!! What the HELL is that?

A diagram of something very invloved. Judging by other pics from other pages...you can see some of those designs taking place in the diagram. This picture above is strying to explain how something works. Almost like, how the DNA modification process took place using a particular fruit.....Ambrosia!! HAHAHAHA. *sigh*

I really don't know and just like all those before me, equally baffled. That said, there is far far far more than meets the eye here. A simply explanation of someone just hiding something from the church or governments just don't ring true to me.

did you ever see the movie 'first contact'?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join