It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe moving cramps in legs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
A friend of mine had their legs up, but was also walking in the sun today. After they got home and laid down, they were very nauseous and had very painful, moving leg cramps... all over... As I said, the cramps MOVED. I for one, never heard of this... but I seen it. The cramp moved from the big toe, the foot, the ankles and in different parts... all the way up to the top of both legs.. at different times. The person was cold, although the skin was hot to the touch. Heart was racing rapidly.

The person vomited. Eventually the cramps subsided, their heart calmed down, They went to sleep, and I would guess that the nauseousness went away then.

Did some searching on the web but found nothing. I've seen some sites on photodermatitis, or sun poisoning.... but nothing connected with any (leg) cramping.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Probably sun stroke but leg cramps can also come from a deficiency in potasium (in bananas as one example).

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Get the test foe MS...early signs are tingling in the extremities especially in the feet.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
?

Walking in the sun will often leave you with severe burns. It's really hot. Apart from that, are they sure they did not get bitten by something? Sounds like a tick bight, being nauseated and vomiting, with cramps? Never heard of moving cramps, but I have had mild poisoning that has caused severe muscle cramps which, while was not moving, was agony in various places if I tried to walk.

I'd be going to a doctor and getting checked out, seeing as it involves vomiting.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by MarkJS

Get the test foe MS...early signs are tingling in the extremities especially in the feet.

Brilliant. I will just go on thinking it's old age casing my feet to be always cold and tingly. And bad posture.

It would be just my luck to get something like that at this stage in life lmao.

*shakes fist at karma*

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
That can be a number of things .
Vitamin mineral deficiency
Pinched nerve in the lumbar spine
Sun stroke
Some type of poisoning
Something auto immune
A bug bite

Vomiting with simple cramping ,is not a mere mineral deficiency ,or a pinched nerve .

I've never heard of sun stroke presenting this way either,but it could be an unusual kind ,but it has to be hot out ,with some form of exhaustion usually . The couple of time I had sun stroke ,I was in the heat for hours,working ,and to cool off ,I drank something cold . Big mistake .
I vomited profusely after that ,but no weird leg cramping .

Some spider bites present this way ,and can be dangerous . Look for a bite mark .

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I muster Wino...Me hope you don;t joke.....when tingling is about

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
reply to post by MarkJS

Probably sun stroke but leg cramps can also come from a deficiency in potasium (in bananas as one example).

Thanks.. We've known about the connection w/potassium, bananas and cramps. My question is why would the cramps MOVE through the first leg, ankle, and foot.... then onto the other one?

Originally posted by PtolemyII
That can be a number of things .
Vitamin mineral deficiency
Pinched nerve in the lumbar spine
Sun stroke
Some type of poisoning
Something auto immune
A bug bite

I should add that this happened right after drinking an ice-cream soda drink. I didn't mention it before because they were tested for sugar/diabetes just a month ago, and it was normal.... The doctor did find that there is a vitamin B-12 and iron deficiency though. So maybe you're on to something.

The factors that led up to this are:

• much sun
  • legs up afterwards
  • drank an ice-cream soda. Was tested and was found Not to have a sugar problem.
  • Found to have a vitamin B-12 and Iron deficiency

How this adds up to the severe, moving painful cramps in the legs is beyond me though. I never heard of it either, though witnessed it personally. It's been about five days since the incident and I'm glad to say that it hasn't repeated since.
edit on 28/6/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
In the "in case you were wondering" department:

Update: It appears that the cramps that occurred occasionally were from a brain tumor. The tumor was actually in the space outside the brain, but in the skull... in the menge. It was pressing on the muscle coordination / muscle movement part of the brain, behind the ear and lower. It was removed a couple of weeks ago. My friend is doing pretty fair at this point. The surgeon/doctor says in the first follow-up visit that he expects a full recovery in six-eight weeks.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Some logical possibilities ...lactic acid build up in muscles, overexertion of the muscles, pulled muscles or tendons, and - most likely - dehydration.

Possible but unlikely unless other factors...blood clot or neuropathy.
edit on 6/27/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join