It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indefinite Surveillance: Say Hello to the National Defense Authorization Act of 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The NDAA has given vast powers over to an ever increasing militaristic and expanding technocratic state. That not only can arrest and detain anyone they want, but also can collect and analyze data from e-mails, phone calls ect... Virtually eliminating privacy all together in our daily lives.

Source

NDAA 2014 builds on the powers granted by both the Patriot Act and FISA by allowing unrestricted analysis and research of captured records pertaining to any organization or individual “now or once hostile to the United States”. Under the Patriot Act, the ability to obtain “any tangible thing” eliminated any expectation of privacy. Under NDAA 2014 Sec. 1061(g)(1), an overly vague definition of captured records enhances government power and guarantees indefinite surveillance.

edit on 21-6-2013 by Daedal because: error

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
The NDAA has given vast powers over to an ever increasing militaristic and expanding technocratic state. That not only can arrest and detain anyone they want, but also can collect and analyze data from e-mails, phone calls ect... Virtually eliminating privacy all together in our daily lives.

Source

NDAA 2014 builds on the powers granted by both the Patriot Act and FISA by allowing unrestricted analysis and research of captured records pertaining to any organization or individual “now or once hostile to the United States”. Under the Patriot Act, the ability to obtain “any tangible thing” eliminated any expectation of privacy. Under NDAA 2014 Sec. 1061(g)(1), an overly vague definition of captured records enhances government power and guarantees indefinite surveillance.

edit on 21-6-2013 by Daedal because: error

Well, people wanted to feel safe and secure in their living rooms, eating that Big Mac and tuning into the latest American Idol. So much that they are willing to give up their rights, freedoms liberties...all because everyone knows that if you aren't doing anything wrong, don't worry.

No Biggie, right?

How's it going so far?

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Guess you missed that qualifier "now or once hostile to the United States" but hey don't let the facts interfere with sensationalism.

2nd line is for:

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

Qualifier...That's hilarious. Here's a brief story as to what a qualifier might be. Kind of ridiculous eh?

Source

A high-level official from the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) recently accused citizens from Mt. Pleasant of a potential “act of terrorism” after more than one hundred local residents utilized the state’s official complaint process to seek assistance with ongoing water quality issues in their community.

Get the point...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

"now or once hostile to the United States"

holy crap. and the way they act they sure wouldn't have to do much to get that reaction out of A LOT of people.

i'm endlessly hostile to the United States, but not it's people so i'm guaranteed NDAA bait.

our kids are going to have no understanding of the world before it was this and will grow to accept it even moreso.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
Guess you missed that qualifier "now or once hostile to the United States" but hey don't let the facts interfere with sensationalism.

2nd line is for:

I think that clause is more than vague enough. How do we know what they consider "hostile to the United States"? What exactly does one have to say or do to prove themselves "hostile to the United States"? So far they've been making it up as they go along; who's to say that won't both continue and get worse?

But I guess you won't have to worry about it. You haven't done anything wrong; you haven't said anything "hostile" to the United States ... yet....

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

2nd line is for:

and

Define "Hostile" as you understand it. And then define the same as the Govt. uses it.

Do your homework.

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hostile means intent to do harm, anyone who doesn't know that should go back to kindergarten and relearn their vocabulary.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

You notice that Thomas Jefferson never talks about trials and juries. No judges. Nothing at all except lots of blood! There is a deeper message here. One of the necessary excision of tyrants from our society.

As bad as it gets, it can be turned around by the US people! Good to know. Just wondering how long it will take!

P

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It's not about words its about actions and intents. A little comprehension goes along way in understanding what you're reading.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is exactly what fat disgusting Americans get because this is exactly what fat disgusting Americans want!

There a very few of us, and I am one,(not fat nor disgusting) who.......DON'T WANT TO BE SAFE!!!!!!

I do NOT want to be safe.
If I AM going to be safe, I don't want ANY government appointing itself to the job of keeping me safe.
I'll take care of that on my own thank you very much. And.....I'll do a much better job of it too.

Once you stop being a pussy and living in fear, you afford yourself the luxury of things like "freedom" and "liberties" and "rights".

But, if your are going to be a timid little coward who wets his pants at the thought of the boogy ma..........er......"terrorists" coming to get you and killing you and your whole family because they hate you soooooo much for the "freedoms" that you no longer even have, YET......you don't give two squirts of piss about heart disease which kills WAAAAAY more people every year than the boogyman then guess what princess?

YOU DESERVE WHAT IS COMING!
And what REALLY fries my brain is, these people will BEG for their own enslavement!
They will not only "Not mind" what is coming but,
they will INSIST on it!
They will DEMAND it!!!

I guess people like me will just have to go along for the ride since there are OBVIOUSLY WAYYYYYY more of you than there are of me.
edit on 21-6-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I heard about this today at work. They need to clearly set parameters. Hostile - intention to do harm means..... Because uncommon sense is the new common sense a court needs to make it abundantly clear and leave nothing to assumptions.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I whole heartedly support government - our Constitutional Republic as set forth by the Founders. But I think I have some issues with our current governors.

"We give you a Republic, Ma'am... If you can keep it."
-Benjamin Franklin

It is, and always has been, up to We The People.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

To be fair, We The People have been asleep at the wheel for quite some time.

edit on 21-6-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Hostile means intent to do harm, anyone who doesn't know that should go back to kindergarten and relearn their vocabulary.

If you protest, you are a potential hostile.

If you accuse the Govt. of destroying the constitution, you are a potential hostile.

If you are a prepper, you are a potential hostile.

If you are opposed to US Foreign Policies when it comes to illegal invasions/War...you are a potential hostile.

If you are 10 years old and make a gun shape from a pop-tart....

Remember..."You are either with us or against us."...Now that's the new definition of hostile.

Have you not been keeping up?

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
I heard about this today at work. They need to clearly set parameters. Hostile - intention to do harm means..... Because uncommon sense is the new common sense a court needs to make it abundantly clear and leave nothing to assumptions.

They will not set any parameters because that will impose limits on their actions.

Ambiguous double speak is a very powerful tool they have mastered in use when they need it to be used anywhere, anytime and in any situation that suits their agenda.

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh everyone heres well in the loop......we all know deep down what has to be done.....that the governments and corporations have united against the people and must be brought back to the reality of why they exist......this basic principal has been forgotten.
They are only allowed to exist as long as they serve the peoples interests......thats it!

The globalists want global power.......
I say give them global revolution.......
If we simply refuse to play the game, and stand our ground....what can they really do?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You can do all of those things without being hostile. It's called a peaceful protest. It's called being responsible for your actions. You get better results when your calm and you present you case rationally. The 2nd amendment and violent revolt are a last ditch effort. They are the plan Z not A, B or C.

Do you still check under your bed for the boogeyman? I've been hearing these same stupid arguments that the government is out to get us all and they're coming to take our guns since I was a child, and it's been going on since long before the early 80's when I was born, and guess what they still haven't done any of it. Either they're completely incompetent and its taken them over 30 year's to start rounding us up and disarming us or it's not their intention.

Since it took the Nazi's less than a decade to enact their plans I'm going with it's not their intent. Where exactly do you think they're going to get the man power to spy on, arrest and detain 300,000,000+ citizen's? It's logistically impossible, they would have to employ one half to control the other half.

Oh and 30,000 drones? That means each drone would have to montior 10,000+ citizens. Again logistically impossible.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature."

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

-Benjamin Franklin

Sorry if this constitutes de-railment. Just thought these were pertinent somehow. I will now recuse myself from these proceedings.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

You can do all of those things without being hostile. It's called a peaceful protest. It's called being responsible for your actions. You get better results when your calm and you present you case rationally. The 2nd amendment and violent revolt are a last ditch effort. They are the plan Z not A, B or C.

Do you still check under your bed for the boogeyman? I've been hearing these same stupid arguments that the government is out to get us all and they're coming to take our guns since I was a child, and it's been going on since long before the early 80's when I was born, and guess what they still haven't done any of it. Either they're completely incompetent and its taken them over 30 year's to start rounding us up and disarming us or it's not their intention.

Since it took the Nazi's less than a decade to enact their plans I'm going with it's not their intent. Where exactly do you think they're going to get the man power to spy on, arrest and detain 300,000,000+ citizen's? It's logistically impossible, they would have to employ one half to control the other half.

Oh and 30,000 drones? That means each drone would have to montior 10,000+ citizens. Again logistically impossible.

This is true in my town every year when people light off fireworks. It's illegal but everyone does it. If people want to make a difference it means disengaging in those businesses that we keep in power. It may mean doing without in some instances and getting back to basics. It could mean different things to different people but complaining without personal action is useless IMO.

As far as privacy goes, it seems not much can be done about this other than writing letters and hoping some congressmen and senators grow a conscious and then balls. In the meanwhile little things may add up if more people jump on board by taking steps toward backing their beliefs and convictions with actions and passing this trait onto their children.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join