It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Sent $46,378,040 in Refunds to 23,994 ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens at 1 Atlanta Address

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
That stinks to high heaven . They run around crucifying the little working man,and then leave the rich alone,and do this .
Monkeys could do this job more efficiently . Some cities want to hire more auditors ,to "catch more tax evaders!"
edit on 6/23/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm thinking a bunch of people who work for the IRS .......................just got bonuses.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Fair Tax

Solves the I.R.S. problem....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DogMeat

Except that the uber wealthy wouldn't pay a dime. Yea, fair tax my ass.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Because two wrongs don't make a right.

2nd

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by THE666OCCULT

I was being facetious, simply making a commentary on the mentality of the hard line right towards people of different beliefs, ethnicities, and origins.

Many on the right believe anyone of Latin decent is automatically illegal. Many on the right also believe that if you are Latino in this country, the phrase "Innocent till proven guilty" does not apply to you. Even going so far as to think it's appropriate to arrest anyone of Latino decent, until such time as they can prove that they are in this country legally. (this from the same people who believe that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii as his birth certificate proves)

This is also from the same people who believe that voter fraud is rampant, mistaking voter registration fraud for voter fraud.

With this mentality in place so ingrained in the right wing belief system, it makes me seriously skeptical about anything they post.

Interesting but perhaps narrow.

How would your "dream system" identify illegal immigrants and protect American workers and American voters at the same time?

Proper I.D. maybe?

Or do we just make all jobs "open border" ?

And how would your "dream system" prevent tax dependents claims fraud ?
How would you verify those dependents are actually living at an address ?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

But what about your views of people to the so-called "right"? Are you not grouping them all together just as you claim they do to all people of latin descent?

Your tendency to sterotype individuals you do not agree with makes me skeptical not only of your claim to have no party affiliations, but also of your ability to think critically about a complex political situation.

Sounds like another "left-winger" parrot to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

How would your "dream system" identify illegal immigrants and protect American workers and American voters at the same time?

Go after the people employing illegals,

Fine them 1,000,000 per illegal worker found on premises, and jail them for 5 years per illegal found on premises. INS goes in with a search warrant to a business suspected of employing illegals, they line everyone up, and go through the books to make sure that each and every person there is accounted for and properly on the books.

Go after landlords who rent to illegals.

If a landlord is suspected of renting to illegals, the INS gets a search warrant for the house or apartment in question and sees whether or not the people there are actually legal, if not, the property is seized under RICO

With this plan in place, illegals will have nowhere to work, and nowhere to live in the US and will return to south of the boarder.

What about the illegals here that we catch and hold to deport them back to their country of origin you might ask? I'm glad you asked that. See, in my opinion, it's a mistake to return them to their country of origin for two reasons. 1) they came here from that country in the first place, what makes you think they won't just come right back here again. And 2) They obviously don't want to be in that country anymore, that's why they left in the first place.

So, my solution is simple, drop them off in countries we don't like (Iran, N Korea, Somalia, etc.) You get caught in the US illegally? Guess what? Home is going to sound pretty good after you get out of whatever hellhole we airdrop you into. Then it's their problem.

Are these nice solutions? No they aren't. But then again, they will be effective. Eventually no business owner is going to risk going to jail and being bankrupt for hiring an illegal, and landlords aren't going to risk the loss of their property by renting to illegals. And once word got out that the US is going to drop your ass into someplace far worse than the place you left if you get caught, they won't want to come here anymore.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Is anyone watching those addresses to see who is picking up the checks? Maybe IRS agents pick up the checks and cash them. More lavish parties to be had.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
If corporations can do it in Bermuda and South Dakota, why can't individuals do it in Georgia?

Where's the news in this?

Because this concerns personal income tax and not capital gains; you do know the difference right? It also concerns sending vasts amounts of money to a handful of address of TIN (read that as persons that are working here, but are not citizens).

But yeah, those corporate bastards....find the trees in the forest links,,,,
edit on 24-6-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

I did. Well...no, I read the article you linked to. I didn't read the IG report.

So you're saying that over twenty thousand individuals used the same address to get ~$2,000 each. How is that any differenty than the Ugland house in the Cayman's with 18,000 'entities' for tax purposes? How is that any different than the 285,000+ business' in the single story 1209 North Orange Street Wilmington, Delaware building?

Because Corporations don't withhold taxes or fill out W-2s. They are taxed mainly via capital gains and not via the income tax; will you ever learn this or are you stuck on Buffet's claim that his income tax is less than his secretary's (quite true; but he is taxed in a different way)?

Why is it that conservatives are more worried about one person taking $2,000 (even if they have a right to it), but are fine with one company hiding $20,000? Explain that to me.

You missed the point that a large number of TIN (the numbers given to people on 'visas' who are not citizens) are collecting a large sum of money at one address without any accountability.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Haunt -- we normally don't agree but this post I can agree with. The American people (and our so-called representatives) will have to make some hard choices and some that may get them booted out of office if we are to clean up the immigration situation to be manageable.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by DogMeat

Except that the uber wealthy wouldn't pay a dime. Yea, fair tax my ass.

Wouldn't they be paying taxes on their consumption? Do wealthy not consume? Maybe I am missing your point here...

Do the wealthy have some device that materializes their needs from thin air?

ETA: The "uber" wealthy (whatever that is) already skirts the tax laws....so what is your aversion to a major overhaul of the system?
edit on 24-6-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Wouldn't they be paying taxes on their consumption? Do wealthy not consume? Maybe I am missing your point here...

Yes, you are.

Do the wealthy have some device that materializes their needs from thin air?

Yes they do, (well we do too) the internet, not taxed. They would simply have everything shipped into them from overseas, no taxes at all.

Food isn't taxed in aforementioned BS "fair tax". So they would simply avoid all sales taxes by having everything delivered from overseas.

Entire businesses will spring up just to cater to wealthy tax dodgers. Why pay the government when you can skirt the easy tax laws and make your already wealthy buddy richer in the process?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is BS, if this was a law abiding tax paying everyday Joe (Not Corporate) who tried these shenanighans you better believe the IRS would come down with the wrath of Audits. I guess I should say i'm not suprised... I just want to know how I can get a piece of that pie... Bah who am I kidding~ Great job America!

Neo is right, get rid of Income Tax and the IRS all together~

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

And that is what so many American citizens resent the hell out of: Illegals get to pick and choose which laws to follow and don't have to pay the consequences. They are catered to and above the law and other people. Not good!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join