It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama administration charges NSA whistleblower Snowden with espionage

page: 5
48
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ImagineAlldaPeople
 


Yeah I know some of the comments on RT were pretty comical as well. I just scroll past them and move on to the article.

-SAP-




posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan


The contract had him doing unlawful acts. The contract was null and void.

You cannot contract to commit an unlawful act.

See, and I am not even a capitalist or a right winger.


The American people had a contract with their government, to uphold the constitution.

The contract had the government doing unlawful & immoral acts.

You cannot contract to commit an unlawful act.

Therefore, the government is null and void.

And I'm not even a capitalist or right winger either



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


I'm not spouting any "fear propaganda". Obama has a handful of scandals right now and it wouldn't be shocking if this is true. Considering everything else that is going on right now...

If your on the internet anything you do can be monitored... Believe what you want to believe...

-SAP-


I know he does. I know that which is in the public domain can be legally monitored and I never claimed it couldnt. But hes not been convicted of any crimes and he is not monitoring content of private domain communocations. It may be debated that phone numbers are private domain, however. But, the courts have not determined this to be the case. Personally, I think phone numbers is an intrusion of privacy.

So we seem to be on the same side here, but as long as you make accusations without evidence, you are muddying up the waters and making it hard to walk, so to speak. Its not helping us.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by Archie
BubbaJoe is right.

Open your life to the government, citizens, let them in. Don't be afraid. They only want what's best for you.

Deny the evil whistleblower who says otherwise for they are clearly traitors. You are safe in the arms of the government and it acts for your own good at all times.

Sometimes it does things that you may not know about but that's necessary in order to keep you safe. After all, you might not understand and take it the wrong way. You can relax. It doesn't listen to your phone calls, it doesn't track your day to day movements. It doesn't intercept your emails, your chat logs or browsing history and hold them in large data centres. And if it does, it's for your own good. It's really doing you a favour, citizen!

When the Jews were surveilled in Hitler's Germany, through less advanced means, it was their own good, to keep them safe, just like this mass surveillance is for your own good.

The government must control the population to keep it safe from all those evil terrorists and whistleblowers out there. This is common sense. Surely you understand. Yes, citizens, embrace the government and it will protect you and nurture you, it will be your very own big brother.


You know absolutely nothing about me, so pound sand and have a nice day. Anyone who joined the internet thinking they were anonymous is nothing more than naive. I am a veteran, and if anyone is listening or reading my stuff, they will be really bored. I joined the internet in 1993, and assumed I was being watched since then, one of the joys of being a vet is you know the government's capabilities. I am not advocating the government's actions, but they are nothing new, look at J. Edgar Hoover's files. Snowden took US government secrets to a foreign media source, he is nothing more than a traitor.


He took them to a foreign media source because apparently he could not get an audience with the usa media. What government property has been stolen? Where is the espionage? The only one who is expionaging is the countries that have been spying on one another and then sharing that information to sidestep national laws. Isn't that the definition of treason? To have someone spy against your own citizens and claim it is legal?

I highely resent foreign governments spying on americans, and even my own government spying on me. You should need a warrant for surveillance based on a probable crime being committed or have been committed.

Maybe he did break contract law but the government has been committing treason.
edit on 21/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImagineAlldaPeople
reply to post by SloAnPainful
 


I read comments from people on MSM sites & the opinion varies. The funniest are Liberals who Troll with statements like... Stupid toothless Hillbillies, your happy to make our country weak so you can be a racist and hate Obama. LOL, I know, The Racist remarks calls people who like Freedom & Privacy Racist. They can't seem to go against this guy for anything. As he becomes Bush on steroids they forget why they hated Bush or why they voted for Obama.

I say this because voters in this country & the social media propaganda has people putting D vs. R ahead of some serious Issues that face this nation. We let them divide us by using Left vs. Right, Black vs. White, Fox vs. Msnbc, Christian vs. Muslim, ect ect. Most of the animosity comes directly from Media & government run organizations. They need us to fight each other, so they can continue Screwing us.

Ohh to answer your question, Snowden is an American Patriot. He gave up his life, family & 200,00 a year job to Inform us, The American people. The oath breakers, & Criminals are the ones charging him.

Anybody who gives up Freedom for Safety, doesn't deserve to be Free or Safe.


Seriously, after reading your rant, which Tea Party org do you belong to? You come on here spouting a bunch of party lines and expect to be accepted and recognized. Snowden is a traitor, he disclosed US government operations to a foreign media outlet (yeah not a source, an outlet). Where were you when Bush violated everything the constitution stood for?



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by smithjustinb


The government is not listening to your phone calls nor reading your emails without a warrant and probable cause. They only have access to numbers you call and numbers that call you.



Horses gub, AKA Snowden in answer to Q and A

1) Define in as much detail as you can what "direct access" means.

2) Can analysts listen to content of domestic calls without a warrant?

2) NSA likes to use "domestic" as a weasel word here for a number of reasons. The reality is that due to the FISA Amendments Act and its section 702 authorities, Americans’ communications are collected and viewed on a daily basis on the certification of an analyst rather than a warrant. They excuse this as "incidental" collection, but at the end of the day, someone at NSA still has the content of your communications. Even in the event of "warranted" intercept, it's important to understand the intelligence community doesn't always deal with what you would consider a "real" warrant like a Police department would have to, the "warrant" is more of a templated form they fill out and send to a reliable judge with a rubber stamp.



edit on 21-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.


Theres no warrant required to intercept information in the public domain. Theres no technology being unlawfully implemented to monitor the content of your emails, phone calls, or anything else in the private domain. If there was, someone would here would be able to link a source.

Are you talking to me, or yourself, or is this an open admission to Yahweh.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
.

He exposed a criminal government act .

He is right to do so no matter what that criminal government says .

.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Bring in the firing squad. This guy is a traitor.

the real traitors are the ones listening to our phone calls, reading our emails, and so on


The REAL traitors are the people that think this is all a spectator sport and hope somebody else will save their country.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by smithjustinb


The government is not listening to your phone calls nor reading your emails without a warrant and probable cause. They only have access to numbers you call and numbers that call you.



Horses gub, AKA Snowden in answer to Q and A

1) Define in as much detail as you can what "direct access" means.

2) Can analysts listen to content of domestic calls without a warrant?

2) NSA likes to use "domestic" as a weasel word here for a number of reasons. The reality is that due to the FISA Amendments Act and its section 702 authorities, Americans’ communications are collected and viewed on a daily basis on the certification of an analyst rather than a warrant. They excuse this as "incidental" collection, but at the end of the day, someone at NSA still has the content of your communications. Even in the event of "warranted" intercept, it's important to understand the intelligence community doesn't always deal with what you would consider a "real" warrant like a Police department would have to, the "warrant" is more of a templated form they fill out and send to a reliable judge with a rubber stamp.



edit on 21-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.


Theres no warrant required to intercept information in the public domain. Theres no technology being unlawfully implemented to monitor the content of your emails, phone calls, or anything else in the private domain. If there was, someone would here would be able to link a source.

Are you talking to me, or yourself, or is this an open admission to Yahweh.


Im beginning to understand I dont know what im talking to.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Bring in the firing squad. This guy is a traitor.

the real traitors are the ones listening to our phone calls, reading our emails, and so on


The REAL traitors are the people that think this is all a spectator sport and hope somebody else will save their country.


freaking A-MEN!



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by Archie
BubbaJoe is right.

Open your life to the government, citizens, let them in. Don't be afraid. They only want what's best for you.

Deny the evil whistleblower who says otherwise for they are clearly traitors. You are safe in the arms of the government and it acts for your own good at all times.

Sometimes it does things that you may not know about but that's necessary in order to keep you safe. After all, you might not understand and take it the wrong way. You can relax. It doesn't listen to your phone calls, it doesn't track your day to day movements. It doesn't intercept your emails, your chat logs or browsing history and hold them in large data centres. And if it does, it's for your own good. It's really doing you a favour, citizen!

When the Jews were surveilled in Hitler's Germany, through less advanced means, it was their own good, to keep them safe, just like this mass surveillance is for your own good.

The government must control the population to keep it safe from all those evil terrorists and whistleblowers out there. This is common sense. Surely you understand. Yes, citizens, embrace the government and it will protect you and nurture you, it will be your very own big brother.


You know absolutely nothing about me, so pound sand and have a nice day. Anyone who joined the internet thinking they were anonymous is nothing more than naive. I am a veteran, and if anyone is listening or reading my stuff, they will be really bored. I joined the internet in 1993, and assumed I was being watched since then, one of the joys of being a vet is you know the government's capabilities. I am not advocating the government's actions, but they are nothing new, look at J. Edgar Hoover's files. Snowden took US government secrets to a foreign media source, he is nothing more than a traitor.


He took them to a foreign media source because apparently he could not get an audience with the usa media. What government property has been stolen? Where is the espionage? The only one who is expionaging is the countries that have been spying on one another and then sharing that information to sidestep national laws. Isn't that the definition of treason? To have someone spy against your own citizens and claim it is legal?

I highely resent foreign governments spying on americans, and even my own government spying on me. You should need a warrant for surveillance based on a probable crime being committed or have been committed.

Maybe he did break contract law but the government has been committing treason.
edit on 21/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)


He took them to a foreign media outlet, because the one here in the USA he tried, could only prove 2 of his 40+ slides in a power point presentation. This country has been spying on it's citizens since the beginning, so please explain to me where this is wrong, hell Bush's NSA wire tapped Obama in 2004. HE TOOK THEM TO THE FOREIGN MEDIA, HE IS A TRAITOR.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful
 


Well S&P, I knew this was coming.

I was thinking this guy was a Chinese Agent, as the rumors have spread. Obama can only fault his weak Administration. The non-Transparency and continuation of Bush Policies makes him one dangerous Domestic Neo-Con.


Just think of ALL those who voted for him.




S&F



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


He hasn't been convicted because he IS the power at be... But you raise a couple good points so you earned a star from me.


-SAP-



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus
 


If Rand Paul or others with similar integrity to his father exist, there are ways they could get Snowden back safely, if they choose to. I don't think they will, but it's interesting to consider and perhaps remember because they could.

They actually had existing investigations, ongoing. He's very relevant to those in an official way. Legally, it would all fit as far as I know. It would just take some in Congress (and not even that many) with guts to use the power they really do have to effectively move an individual in this case. Once he talked and truly said all in an open forum and on the record, there wouldn't be half the personal reasons to go after him, by far, and no remaining legal ones at all. They've done it before when investigations mean enough.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
HE TOOK THEM TO THE FOREIGN MEDIA, HE IS A TRAITOR.


My dear Bubba,

The Guardian is a global organisation and the bureau in the US is an American subsidiary. Deny ignorance, remember?



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


I know, and who knows he still could be a agent. Nothing can really be ruled out at this point, or at least in my opinion it can't. We're still pretty early into this deal.

I didn't vote for him, not first term and most def not the second. I'd rather not have voted at all.

-SAP-



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful
 


imho . . . O should turn himself in for high treason and espionage many times over.

He's been paying and giving guns to our sworn enemies for years.

What a hypocrite.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by sonnny1
 


I know, and who knows he still could be a agent. Nothing can really be ruled out at this point, or at least in my opinion it can't. We're still pretty early into this deal.

I didn't vote for him, not first term and most def not the second. I'd rather not have voted at all.

-SAP-


Yeah, that's what the majority who didn't vote for him feel like.

I do have that feeling that Snowden is a Chinese spy. Don't know why, but his revelations right on the heals of US China talks on Cyber security kind of sealed it for me.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN
 


I agree, but everyone knows that'll never happen. He still denies all of this saying that "no one is listening to your phone calls", which in my opinion is complete crap. Lies after lies, it would almost be impossible to know if our gov't has EVER told the truth.

*shrugs*

I have my opinions and that's all.

-SAP-



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Archie
 


oh schnap! you trumped the trump.

Mind=blown

Seriously, though....the contract we had with the governmetn was not for illegal or unlawful acts. It just turns out that it has been that way.

Problem is, we were off course 25 years after our formation. It became incorrectable around the Civil War.

How would you even begin to untangle the web? Better to just rip it down and cast it aside.



new topics

top topics



 
48
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join