It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama administration charges NSA whistleblower Snowden with espionage

page: 4
48
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Snowden. No one is listening to your phone calls.


Of course they aren't, I mean why would they? The gov't doesn't monitor their population that's just crazy talk.


-SAP-
edit on 21-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 


"Media source" is a funny phrase. It used to be that journalists and news outlets made news. Now it is "media sources". Kinda like a movie theater is a media source.

Who in the US would you trust with your life? Which news outlet? You tell me which one is worthy of placing your life in their hands, and you will have an argument. Otherwise, my position is that Snowden went where he felt safe. He saw what happened to Manning, and aint stupid.


Probably not very good phrasing on my part. If I had sensitive info to release, would probably go to a local media guy, probably blogger or print media. Manning and Snowden are not even in the same league, Manning is an amateur, he released communications he had handled, Snowden released methods, big difference. By Snowden going to the foreign media, he is a traitor.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Sankari
 

ETA: Just realised they changed the name of the headline and I can't go back and edit it...

-SAP-
edit on 21-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)


'They changed the name of the headline.'

Yeah, right. And I've got a 30 foot giraffe in my back yard.

I'm LOLing at all the sheeple in this thread who blindly accepted the 'execution' claim without even bothering to check it.

So much for 'denying ignorance.'



pics re your giraffe please
btw and here is proof of Slo's "lies" and your Ass-umptious "intelligence"

ignorance denied



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Bring in the firing squad. This guy is a traitor.

the real traitors are the ones listening to our phone calls, reading our emails, and so on


The government is not listening to your phone calls nor reading your emails without a warrant and probable cause. They only have access to numbers you call and numbers that call you.





Simple answer for that is, Yes they are that's already done and dusted.


How do you know? Do you have a source? Maybe youre right. But the extent of my knowledge onlybgoes as far as the extent of actual knowledge available to the public and that imcludes only as much as snowden has released. So if you can quote someone other than a fear propogating conspiracy theorist, id say youre on to something. If you cant, then you might want to consider the possibility that you yourself are probably just a fear propogating conspiracy theorist.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus
 


Thanks for that friend. I had the headlined changed by Semper just now because that headline in the screenshot was giving incorrect info, but it WAS ACTUALLY THERE.


-SAP-



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 


Snowden is no traitor.. He has only exposed criminal acts and corruption in our government. You cannot legally classify information for the sole purpose of hiding criminal conspiracies in America, which is exactly what Obama and Eric Holder have been doing since day one. They have abused the classification of information to hide all of their endeavors and this is exactly what Snowden has been showing.

The actual traitors in this fiasco are the Dept. of Justice, Dept. of Treasury, Dept. of Energy, the FCC, FDA, pretty much every single agency, including the CIA, and NSA and others. They are ignoring any laws that hamper their agenda and mandates. This has all been obvious to anyone with half a brain even before Snowden came out with this info.

Who runs the above agencies? They all have Obama appointees running them now, hand picked by the most criminal and corrupt president in US history. Wow, what a coincidence



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Snowden. No one is listening to your phone calls.


Of course they aren't, I mean why would they? The gov't doesn't monitor their population that's just crazy talk.


-SAP-
edit on 21-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)


Because its against the law. They do monitor if a judge signs a warrant though. Do you have any evidence to support your fear propoganda? I would like to think you wouldnt be propogating fear based on belief with no evidence. I mean if you have some other whistleblower releasing more information that what has been released by snowden, you might want to get in contact with fox news and sell them this information, because no one else has heard about it.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


I'm not spouting any "fear propaganda". Obama has a handful of scandals right now and it wouldn't be shocking if this is true. Considering everything else that is going on right now...

If your on the internet anything you do can be monitored... Believe what you want to believe...

-SAP-



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb


The government is not listening to your phone calls nor reading your emails without a warrant and probable cause. They only have access to numbers you call and numbers that call you.



Horses gub, AKA Snowden in answer to Q and A

1) Define in as much detail as you can what "direct access" means.

2) Can analysts listen to content of domestic calls without a warrant?

2) NSA likes to use "domestic" as a weasel word here for a number of reasons. The reality is that due to the FISA Amendments Act and its section 702 authorities, Americans’ communications are collected and viewed on a daily basis on the certification of an analyst rather than a warrant. They excuse this as "incidental" collection, but at the end of the day, someone at NSA still has the content of your communications. Even in the event of "warranted" intercept, it's important to understand the intelligence community doesn't always deal with what you would consider a "real" warrant like a Police department would have to, the "warrant" is more of a templated form they fill out and send to a reliable judge with a rubber stamp.



edit on 21-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 


Snowden is no traitor.. He has only exposed criminal acts and corruption in our government. You cannot legally classify information for the sole purpose of hiding criminal conspiracies in America, which is exactly what Obama and Eric Holder have been doing since day one. They have abused the classification of information to hide all of their endeavors and this is exactly what Snowden has been showing.

The actual traitors in this fiasco are the Dept. of Justice, Dept. of Treasury, Dept. of Energy, the FCC, FDA, pretty much every single agency, including the CIA, and NSA and others. They are ignoring any laws that hamper their agenda and mandates. This has all been obvious to anyone with half a brain even before Snowden came out with this info.

Who runs the above agencies? They all have Obama appointees running them now, hand picked by the most criminal and corrupt president in US history. Wow, what a coincidence


And under Bush they were all run by Bush appointees, do you by chance recall WMD, do you really want to open a conversation about Presidential lies, I will open it, whose lies have cost more lives, both American and foreign?



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 



Do you make a habit of trying to compare which turd tastes worse than the other?

I can see that you are firmly under the powerful illusory power of "media". You believe that the running storyline is an accurate portrayal of daily events. That Bush and Obama are any different from one another.

But this is not about Bush. He is no longer president. Everytime Obama screws up, Bush gets trotted out. If that is the bar, it certainly has been set pretty low.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari
 


Sankari, let me help you understand the U.S. Legal System and how our Government works. I include Government, because this is in the Constitution itself. It's well defined. Unfortunately for him.


SECTION 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.
(Source: Cornell Law)

Treason Section Headings / Treason and Sedition - Cornell Law

Espionage and Treason are only separated by the existence of two witnesses to testify or admission and these are the agencies/people who thought up things like the "aggressive interrogation". Espionage makes the extradition warrant though and close enough, literally in this case, 'for government work'. Now it comes to the question I've talked about in other threads. Will China passively support him by not arresting him ? That makes all the difference to what happens next, IMO.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 



Do you make a habit of trying to compare which turd tastes worse than the other?

I can see that you are firmly under the powerful illusory power of "media". You believe that the running storyline is an accurate portrayal of daily events. That Bush and Obama are any different from one another.

But this is not about Bush. He is no longer president. Everytime Obama screws up, Bush gets trotted out. If that is the bar, it certainly has been set pretty low.


You would probably be amazed at the media sources I have perused in 20 years on the internet, and yes some of the best are unfortunately gone. I honestly don't believe a damn thing the media prints until I read it from 3 or 4 sources. Bush gets "trotted" out because all of the things that happened under Bush, the Republicans want to crucify Obama over. I am seriously not real partisan, but I don't buy BS real easy either.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 


Both presidents need to have people that will do what they want, but lately this includes usurping citizens rights as well as anything else illegal, but we already know this...

I also, in my previous post, mentioned bush being one of those that closely resembles Obama in their criminal intent against Americans and American rights, so there is no need to compare the two presidents, perhaps you missed that previously mentioned in my earlier post..

Also, this should be completely non partisan, being that our country is being manipulated with the intent of changing it from a nation of fairness and higher ethics, to one of liars, and despots, and like a gang of criminals, hurting every American citizen by trampling rights, even to the point of killing American citizens by simply calling them enemy combatants..

The path the country is on now, doesn't leave any room for free people to live peacefully in, that includes anyone who supports the current administration.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 


There are 7 gatekeepers in US media. When you read 3 or 4 sources, chances are they are from just 1 or 2 of these news gatekeepers.

There ain't no difference in any of the news these 7 orgs share with the public. They all get their news from the talking points handed to them by various politico's.
edit on 21-6-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 


Both presidents need to have people that will do what they want, but lately this includes usurping citizens rights as well as anything else illegal, but we already know this...

I also, in my previous post, mentioned bush being one of those that closely resembles Obama in their criminal intent against Americans and American rights, so there is no need to compare the two presidents, perhaps you missed that previously mentioned in my earlier post..

Also, this should be completely non partisan, being that our country is being manipulated with the intent of changing it from a nation of fairness and higher ethics, to one of liars, and despots, and like a gang of criminals, hurting every American citizen by trampling rights, even to the point of killing American citizens by simply calling them enemy combatants..

The path the country is on now, doesn't leave any room for free people to live peacefully in, that includes anyone who supports the current administration.


Our country is being manipulated, manipulated by corporate greed. However where I differ, is that I have no problem pointing fingers toward that greed. Corporations of the 2000's have become the robber barons of the 1800's. Where I see the problem between Republicans and Democrats, is that the Republicans would let the electorate starve to support the Corporations. Corporations do not want you to live free, they want you to buy their products.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
He might be a hero but he is also a criminal that has broken clearly established laws that anyone that has ever had a clearance has dealt with .

If I would have caused the unauthorized release of classified information during my time I would have been arrested and rightly so.

Regardless of if he did it for heroic reasons or otherwise those facts don't change.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by BubbaJoe
 


There are 7 gatekeepers in US media. When you read 3 or 4 sources, chances are they are from just 1 or 2 of these news gatekeepers.

There ain't no difference in any of the news these 7 orgs share with the public. They all get their news from the talking points handed to them by various politico's.
edit on 21-6-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)


It is interesting that you think I would only read US Media, sounds like you have been fed a 'low-information" voter line by the likes of Rush (Yeah I listen to him too). The worse thing you can do in life is underestimate your opponent, unfortunately, this is exactly what the Republican party is doing.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by smithjustinb


The government is not listening to your phone calls nor reading your emails without a warrant and probable cause. They only have access to numbers you call and numbers that call you.



Horses gub, AKA Snowden in answer to Q and A

1) Define in as much detail as you can what "direct access" means.

2) Can analysts listen to content of domestic calls without a warrant?

2) NSA likes to use "domestic" as a weasel word here for a number of reasons. The reality is that due to the FISA Amendments Act and its section 702 authorities, Americans’ communications are collected and viewed on a daily basis on the certification of an analyst rather than a warrant. They excuse this as "incidental" collection, but at the end of the day, someone at NSA still has the content of your communications. Even in the event of "warranted" intercept, it's important to understand the intelligence community doesn't always deal with what you would consider a "real" warrant like a Police department would have to, the "warrant" is more of a templated form they fill out and send to a reliable judge with a rubber stamp.



edit on 21-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.


Theres no warrant required to intercept information in the public domain. Theres no technology being unlawfully implemented to monitor the content of your emails, phone calls, or anything else in the private domain. If there was, someone would here would be able to link a source.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful
 


I read comments from people on MSM sites & the opinion varies. The funniest are Liberals who Troll with statements like... Stupid toothless Hillbillies, your happy to make our country weak so you can be a racist and hate Obama. LOL, I know, The Racist remarks calls people who like Freedom & Privacy Racist. They can't seem to go against this guy for anything. As he becomes Bush on steroids they forget why they hated Bush or why they voted for Obama.

I say this because voters in this country & the social media propaganda has people putting D vs. R ahead of some serious Issues that face this nation. We let them divide us by using Left vs. Right, Black vs. White, Fox vs. Msnbc, Christian vs. Muslim, ect ect. Most of the animosity comes directly from Media & government run organizations. They need us to fight each other, so they can continue Screwing us.

Ohh to answer your question, Snowden is an American Patriot. He gave up his life, family & 200,00 a year job to Inform us, The American people. The oath breakers, & Criminals are the ones charging him.

Anybody who gives up Freedom for Safety, doesn't deserve to be Free or Safe.




top topics



 
48
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join