It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration charges NSA whistleblower Snowden with espionage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Sankari

ETA: Just realised they changed the name of the headline and I can't go back and edit it...

-SAP-
edit on 21-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

'They changed the name of the headline.'

Yeah, right. And I've got a 30 foot giraffe in my back yard.

I'm LOLing at all the sheeple in this thread who blindly accepted the 'execution' claim without even bothering to check it.

So much for 'denying ignorance.'

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Lol okay believe what you want to, but they changed it. It said "DETAILS TO FOLLOW" that was over a hour ago since then it's been changed...

You don't believe that I don't care.

ETA The reason people "believed" it is because that what the article said...

-SAP-

edit on 21-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This was a straight violation of our constitution.. In no way does this make Ed Snowden a traitor. The traitors are the ones who have broke our laws. Possibly treason level. Punishable by death. This is scary to the administration. They have to point the finger as they're arse is on the line here.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Those papers he signed amount to an unlawful order. What the NSA was doing violated the comstitution. He isnt a criminal

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They will use drones to flush him out and then send him a thank you card and have a good day 6 feet under.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Those papers he signed amount to an unlawful order. What the NSA was doing violated the comstitution. He isnt a criminal

No they were not an unlawful order, they were a contract. Contract law is normally very important to capitalists, but here lately capitalists, conservatives, and right wingers believe they can void contracts to suit them and theirs.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Bring in the firing squad. This guy is a traitor.

the real traitors are the ones listening to our phone calls, reading our emails, and so on

The government is not listening to your phone calls nor reading your emails without a warrant and probable cause. They only have access to numbers you call and numbers that call you.

Who said that? and what degree of 'government' do you refer to?
Do you know that phone base technology, (your phone) has often a considerable built in memory and can allow for anyone to retrieve it who wants to, like the stored messages that you come home to and have a listen to yourself. And the open mike, which can be listened in on even if there is no direct phone conversation going on.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
BubbaJoe is right.

Open your life to the government, citizens, let them in. Don't be afraid. They only want what's best for you.

Deny the evil whistleblower who says otherwise for they are clearly traitors. You are safe in the arms of the government and it acts for your own good at all times.

Sometimes it does things that you may not know about but that's necessary in order to keep you safe. After all, you might not understand and take it the wrong way. You can relax. It doesn't listen to your phone calls, it doesn't track your day to day movements. It doesn't intercept your emails, your chat logs or browsing history and hold them in large data centres. And if it does, it's for your own good. It's really doing you a favour, citizen!

When the Jews were surveilled in Hitler's Germany, through less advanced means, it was their own good, to keep them safe, just like this mass surveillance is for your own good.

The government must control the population to keep it safe from all those evil terrorists and whistleblowers out there. This is common sense. Surely you understand. Yes, citizens, embrace the government and it will protect you and nurture you, it will be your very own big brother.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie
BubbaJoe is right.

Open your life to the government, citizens, let them in. Don't be afraid. They only want what's best for you.

Deny the evil whistleblower who says otherwise for they are clearly traitors. You are safe in the arms of the government and it acts for your own good at all times.

Sometimes it does things that you may not know about but that's necessary in order to keep you safe. After all, you might not understand and take it the wrong way. You can relax. It doesn't listen to your phone calls, it doesn't track your day to day movements. It doesn't intercept your emails, your chat logs or browsing history and hold them in large data centres. And if it does, it's for your own good. It's really doing you a favour, citizen!

When the Jews were surveilled in Hitler's Germany, through less advanced means, it was their own good, to keep them safe, just like this mass surveillance is for your own good.

The government must control the population to keep it safe from all those evil terrorists and whistleblowers out there. This is common sense. Surely you understand. Yes, citizens, embrace the government and it will protect you and nurture you, it will be your very own big brother.

You know absolutely nothing about me, so pound sand and have a nice day. Anyone who joined the internet thinking they were anonymous is nothing more than naive. I am a veteran, and if anyone is listening or reading my stuff, they will be really bored. I joined the internet in 1993, and assumed I was being watched since then, one of the joys of being a vet is you know the government's capabilities. I am not advocating the government's actions, but they are nothing new, look at J. Edgar Hoover's files. Snowden took US government secrets to a foreign media source, he is nothing more than a traitor.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

the real traitors are the ones listening to our phone calls, reading our emails, and so on

The government is not listening to your phone calls nor reading your emails without a warrant and probable cause. They only have access to numbers you call and numbers that call you.

Simple answer for that is, Yes they are that's already done and dusted.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The way I see it this situation is playing out in either of two scenarios.

1. Snowden is a true American patriot exposing criminal anti constitutional doing in government.
2. Snowden has committed the highest treason, and must be served the most severe justice as example against others committing treason.

These two scenarios are interlocked in way that if 1 turns out to be the winner then Obama administration looks ripe in the eyes of the US citizens for impeaching.
If 2 turns out to be true then the Obama administration is exonerated from insinuations of unconstitutional behaviour against the US population.

Politics never interests me much, although I am curious to see which one of these scenarios plays out. Considering the charges layed against him If the guy isn't already in Iceland then he better get there by sundown.
edit on 21-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Agreed. IF what he says is the truth, which I feel it is, then he is a true American. If he was lying I don't think they would be presuing him as hard as they are.

I too am curious to see how this all pans out in the near future.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I think hes chances of being found a patriot depend on the level of support he gets from the US citizens. If people don't rally support for him then its not looking good for him if they deport him to back to US mainland.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well? Charges had to come. We all knew that and so did he. He said as much when he first came out and identified himself.

Now if there was a man among those wimps in Congress, this is the time we'd hear immunity offers for testimony under oath to the investigations THEY thought mattered so much and his contribution would directly make or break. Of course, they won't. In my opinion, it shows their interest was never about truth or actually finding what has actually happened. Oh hell no. They wanted to play politics. The truth is sitting in Hong Kong and the legal means exist to bring him back under full cover of immunity for what he's done, so long as his testimony covers every bit of it.

The problem, naturally, is half of Congress thinks the same of him for being a traitor. Well... I do hope we all recall that, no matter which letter their names have, come 2014 and 2016. We can't see Congressman charged for their lesser crimes against us and the national good, but we CAN see to it they no longer serve in public office. They deserve no less as they show no compassion to this man.

immunity offers for testimony?
:shk:
it's way past that
with half of congress [and all the sheople] screaming treason, and of course those in the former group wanting him dead, in fear of their dirty little secrets being exposed?

such an offer can't be taken seriously by snowden

as what would prevent some "lone wolf" "patriot" from doing a jack ruby?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The way I see it this situation is playing out in either of two scenarios.

1. Snowden is a true American patriot exposing criminal anti constitutional doing in government.
2. Snowden has committed the highest treason, and must be served the most severe justice as example against others committing treason.

These two scenarios are interlocked in way that if 1 turns out to be the winner then Obama administration looks ripe in the eyes of the US citizens for impeaching.
If 2 turns out to be true then the Obama administration is exonerated from insinuations of unconstitutional behaviour against the US population.

Politics never interests me much, although I am curious to see which one of these scenarios plays out. Considering the charges layed against him If the guy isn't already in Iceland then he better get there by sundown.
edit on 21-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

The problem being, the law allowing this was passed during the Bush administration. Lets see how that plays out, there are many that would like to see Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld tried for war crimes.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

No they were not an unlawful order, they were a contract. Contract law is normally very important to capitalists, but here lately capitalists, conservatives, and right wingers believe they can void contracts to suit them and theirs.

I am a conservative libertarian. Whichever of your boxes you want to put me in, figured you would want to know.

The contract had him doing unlawful acts. The contract was null and void.

You cannot contract to commit an unlawful act.

See, and I am not even a capitalist or a right winger.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie
BubbaJoe is right.

To be sure Oilwellian times, or whatever. Sorry mods, the full quote is needed for the full context.
edit on 21-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Who said that? and what degree of 'government' do you refer to?

Snowden. No one is listening to your phone calls.
edit on 21-6-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

"Media source" is a funny phrase. It used to be that journalists and news outlets made news. Now it is "media sources". Kinda like a movie theater is a media source.

Who in the US would you trust with your life? Which news outlet? You tell me which one is worthy of placing your life in their hands, and you will have an argument. Otherwise, my position is that Snowden went where he felt safe. He saw what happened to Manning, and aint stupid.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

I am a conservative libertarian. Whichever of your boxes you want to put me in, figured you would want to know.

The contract had him doing unlawful acts. The contract was null and void.

You cannot contract to commit an unlawful act.

See, and I am not even a capitalist or a right winger.

He did not sign a contract to take the info, he signed a contract to analyze it. His contract was not unlawful, he analyzed data. He revealed things he was not contracted to do, and he released them to a foreign media source, because the US source wouldn't release it all. He is a traitor plain and simple.

Hell for all of that I am probably a conservative libertarian as well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join