It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American who fought along side the "freedom fighters" in Syria charged with aiding terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If this story doesn't point out the hypocrisy of sending aid to the supposed "freedom fighter" mercenary terrorists trying to overthrow the legitimate ruler of Syria, I don't know what does.

American who allegedly fought with Al Qaeda affiliate in Syria indicted

Ex-U.S. soldier Eric Harroun, who allegedly fought alongside an Al Qaeda affiliate against the forces of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad in the nation’s ongoing civil war, was indicted by a federal grand jury Thursday on two charges related to his activities in Syria.

Harroun, a Phoenix native, was charged with conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization and conspiracy to use destructive devices overseas, according to a U.S. Department of Justice Press release.

Harroun, 30, faces a maximum sentence of life imprisonment if convicted of the second charge. The charge of providing material support carries a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison.

Fox News

In my opinion, anyone who votes to send arms to the Syrian rebels should face the same charges, especially if they send our troops over to back up the same folks we're supposed to be fighting our "war on terrorism" against.

I can't believe they're charging him with this at the same time Congress is debating sending aid to these folks.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Because he was aiding the Taliban, not the Syrian rebels. He was aiding terrorists not the people trying to take back their country.

Sounds to me like he went rogue hero after his service, and got mixed up in the wrong team.
edit on 21-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Because he was aiding the Taliban, not the Syrian rebels. He was aiding terrorists not the people trying to take back their country.

Sounds to me like he went rogue hero after his service, and got mixed up in the wrong team.
edit on 21-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

Well according to Joe Biden the taliban are our friends now, so.. Are they our friends or are they our enemies? You can clearly see that all of these wars are a sham. Don't know what this guy was thinking, but I'm sure he won't think about it again.
edit on 6/21/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

There are no people fighting to take back their country. Like in most other of these uprisings, militant mercenary groups are brought in from the outside to stir up trouble in the name of "freeing the people". The only thing they're really doing is helping the banksters get a foothold in the country. In most all of the countries overthrown in this manner, the country in question had a independent non-Rothchild affiliated central bank or gold backed currency that could threaten the bankster's financial order.

A chronical of the BANKSTER WARS

As for this guy, the unit he was fighting with was decimated and an Al-Qaeda affiliated group picked him up for a while and welcomed him into their group where he continued fighting Assad's forces just like before. He couldn't tell they were Al-Qaeda affiliated, how is our government supposed to tell when they're dropping arms to these so called "rebels"?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I wonder if congress will get a 15 yr sentence if they decide to provide support eh?

My gut says no.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yeah that is some astounding hypocrisy.

So for those who are making excuses here anytime arms get sent to a conflict zone right along side goes military advisors to train those people to use them.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They make the rules up as they go, havn't you guys figured this out yet? The law doesn't apply to the ruling elite these Vampires in power, they don't even give a crap if you know about it.
edit on 21-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I will support the rebels (Muslims) with whatever I can, with prayer and my life if necessary. If Allah wills it to happen, no one can prevent me from doing it. Supporting the oppressed in times of need is my wish and to wipe the oppressors from this earth. No one should treat others in an oppressive way.

Allah All-Mighty says in the Koran:

(8) (Saying) eat of the Tayyibat (good lawful things) wherewith We have provided you, and commit no transgression or oppression therein, lest My Anger should justly descend on you. And he on whom My Anger descends, he is indeed perished. [Tafsir At-Tabari] ( سورة طه , Taha, Chapter #20, Verse #81)

It was relayed on the authority of Abu Dhar al-Ghifari(ra) that the Prophet(sas) said, of what he related from his Lord, Magnified and Exhalted be He, Who said:
"O My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another. O My servants, all of you are liable to err except for those whom I guide on the right path, therefore seek guidance from Me so that I should direct you to the right path. O My servants, all of you are hungry (needy) except for those whom I feed, therefore seek food from Me so that I may feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except for those whom I provide garments, therefore seek clothing from Me so that I should clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day and I am there to pardon your sins, therefore seek forgiveness from Me so that I should grant you pardon. O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns become as pious as the most pious heart of any one amongst you, it will not add anything to My Power or Kingdom. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns become as wicked as the most wicked heart of anyone amongst you, it will not decrease anything from My Power or Kingdom. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns gather together on a sector of land and all ask of Me and if I were to give everyone of them what they asked, that will not in any way decrease what I have anymore than a needle decreases what is in the ocean when it is put into it. O My servants, these deeds of yours which I am recording for you I shall reward you for them, so he who finds good should praise Allah and he who finds other than that should not blame anyone but himself." [Muslim]

Allah has forbidden unlawful for himself, then who deserves to oppress others? Absolutely no one, and whosoever does shall perish. Tell me, If I support the rebels, do I support the oppressed or the oppressors? Who's getting bombed all day and provided with no food or support at all? I wish you knew their situation. Be thankful least Allah should take your luxurious life away from you.

Never will I be with the oppressors, those whom Allah destroys.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I am not familiar with this whole thing other than this article and I plan on checking into this more but what?????

Straight from the source article....

“I was separated in a battle and most of my [Free Syrian Army] group was K.I.A. and al-Nusra picked me up,” Harroun told FoxNews.com during one of several brief interviews conducted via Skype.

As in one of the groups fighting Assad in Syria. Nothing about the Taliban there. If there is more to this story about the Taliban that is out there, please provide a link.

As to the story, kinda ridiculous ya? They are going to send arms to the rebels and yet they are charging someone with fighting with them? What kinda messed up logic is that?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
his dad says he worked for the CIA

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
I will support the rebels (Muslims) with whatever I can, with prayer and my life if necessary. If Allah wills it to happen, no one can prevent me from doing it. Supporting the oppressed in times of need is my wish and to wipe the oppressors from this earth. No one should treat others in an oppressive way.

Allah All-Mighty says in the Koran:

(8) (Saying) eat of the Tayyibat (good lawful things) wherewith We have provided you, and commit no transgression or oppression therein, lest My Anger should justly descend on you. And he on whom My Anger descends, he is indeed perished. [Tafsir At-Tabari] ( سورة طه , Taha, Chapter #20, Verse #81)

It was relayed on the authority of Abu Dhar al-Ghifari(ra) that the Prophet(sas) said, of what he related from his Lord, Magnified and Exhalted be He, Who said:
"O My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another. O My servants, all of you are liable to err except for those whom I guide on the right path, therefore seek guidance from Me so that I should direct you to the right path. O My servants, all of you are hungry (needy) except for those whom I feed, therefore seek food from Me so that I may feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except for those whom I provide garments, therefore seek clothing from Me so that I should clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day and I am there to pardon your sins, therefore seek forgiveness from Me so that I should grant you pardon. O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns become as pious as the most pious heart of any one amongst you, it will not add anything to My Power or Kingdom. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns become as wicked as the most wicked heart of anyone amongst you, it will not decrease anything from My Power or Kingdom. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns gather together on a sector of land and all ask of Me and if I were to give everyone of them what they asked, that will not in any way decrease what I have anymore than a needle decreases what is in the ocean when it is put into it. O My servants, these deeds of yours which I am recording for you I shall reward you for them, so he who finds good should praise Allah and he who finds other than that should not blame anyone but himself." [Muslim]

Allah has forbidden unlawful for himself, then who deserves to oppress others? Absolutely no one, and whosoever does shall perish. Tell me, If I support the rebels, do I support the oppressed or the oppressors? Who's getting bombed all day and provided with no food or support at all? I wish you knew their situation. Be thankful least Allah should take your luxurious life away from you.

Never will I be with the oppressors, those whom Allah destroys.

ALLAH RULES BY OPPRESSION.
SHARIA LAW IS RIGHT OUT OF A FEUDAL TEXTBOOK....
WOMEN AND CHILDREN ARE EQUALLY OPPRESSED BY SHARIA
YOR GOD IS PRTTY SELECTIVE WHO DONT GET OPPRESSED....
AND ANY NON MUSLIM GETS WHACKED...WHATS NOT OPPRESSIVE ABOUT THAT?
RESPECTFULLY ...S

I HASTEN TO ADD ITS NO DIFFERENT OVER HERE...JUST THE NAMES GET CHANGED
edit on 21-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, isn't this CONVENIENT.

After Obama and McCain pushed so hard to get us involved in the Syria situation on the terrorist's side, it would have been bad PR to throw the book at a guy who had fought along side the Syrian "rebels" for aiding terrorists.

They dropped most all charges and left him off with a slap on the wrist.

Eric Harroun, Vet Who Fought in Syria on behalf of Al-Qaeda, Suddenly Gets a Sweet Plea Deal

Last week, 30-year-old Phoenix native Eric Harroun faced a possible sentence of life in prison after the Justice Department accused him of fighting in Syria on behalf of Al-Qaeda.

Amid doubt about those allegations, Harroun suddenly agreed to a plea deal yesterday, and his sentence is quite a bit shorter than life in prison -- he'll be released from jail, be placed on probation for three years, and has to pay a $100 fine.

Nearly all of the relevant documents in the case surrounding the new plea agreement are sealed. The original charges Harroun was arrested on, supporting a terrorist organization and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction, have been dropped. Harroun pleaded guilty to "conspiracy to violate the laws of the United States related to transfer and control of defense articles and services."

Phoenix New Times

They had to cover their asses, after all.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

No surprise there, to me at least.

Nice follow up man. The ptb couldn't put this guy in jail for doing what they have been preaching from on high for the last 6 months or so.

My guess is he'll sit on the bench for a few months and be back in the feild working for whichever ABC agency or contractor he was employed by.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

FortAnthem

Well, isn't this CONVENIENT.

After Obama and McCain pushed so hard to get us involved in the Syria situation on the terrorist's side, it would have been bad PR to throw the book at a guy who had fought along side the Syrian "rebels" for aiding terrorists.

They dropped most all charges and left him off with a slap on the wrist.

Eric Harroun, Vet Who Fought in Syria on behalf of Al-Qaeda, Suddenly Gets a Sweet Plea Deal

Last week, 30-year-old Phoenix native Eric Harroun faced a possible sentence of life in prison after the Justice Department accused him of fighting in Syria on behalf of Al-Qaeda.

Amid doubt about those allegations, Harroun suddenly agreed to a plea deal yesterday, and his sentence is quite a bit shorter than life in prison -- he'll be released from jail, be placed on probation for three years, and has to pay a $100 fine.

Nearly all of the relevant documents in the case surrounding the new plea agreement are sealed. The original charges Harroun was arrested on, supporting a terrorist organization and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction, have been dropped. Harroun pleaded guilty to "conspiracy to violate the laws of the United States related to transfer and control of defense articles and services."

Phoenix New Times

They had to cover their asses, after all.

Uh no. In fact now that the Al Qaeda linked groups are in open combat with Western backed rebels they sure as heck have nothing to cover up. Just because some people were confused and though the rebels and the Al Qaeda groups were the same thing does not mean that everybody was confused. So again to be clear. The FSA aka the rebels are not the same group as the Al Qaeda linked groups. They did were up until a couple weeks ago trying to avoid fighting each other while they fought Assad but, once US aid started flowing to the rebels the Al Qaeda linked groups figured they better move on the rebels before they got to powerful and thus a three way war. Not that this was unexpected, most people just though they would wait for Assad to fall before going at each other.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

goou111
his dad says he worked for the CIA

bingo

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
He's doing what all our "leaders" since WWII said we do."Spreading Democracy" he's helping our allies Al-Queda uh,I mean The Free Syrian Army and he's being brought to trail for it?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This video was posted this evening to my YouTube subscriptions and although it has nothing to do w/ Syria it does have a correlation w/ our Americans fighting along side " terrorist "

This is the "Westgate" saga and they're accusing this group of infiltrating the United States and that 3 Somali Americans trained w/ this group and are still in the Mall.

What will this lead too... Bombing's inside our Country while people shop, eat (?) Are they setting a stage by letting us know Americans are training and fighting against ( us ) ?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

mike dangerously
He's doing what all our "leaders" since WWII said we do."Spreading Democracy" he's helping our allies Al-Queda uh,I mean The Free Syrian Army and he's being brought to trail for it?

Once again Al-Queda is fighting the US backed Free Syrian Army. They are not the same thing and they doing what they can to kill each other.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

MrSpad

mike dangerously

Once again Al-Queda is fighting the US backed Free Syrian Army. They are not the same thing and they doing what they can to kill each other.
Yes,yes and yet it will turn out we have been supporting and arming both.You can believe that the US does not support or negotiate with terrorists if you want.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

There are plenty of reports out there of them fighting each other but also fighting together. The West isn't the only one's who employ the "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" doctrine when expedient...

ISIS groups and FSA brigades may be at one another’s throats in Aleppo, but in Maaloula, a strategic town near Damascus, Jabhat al-Nusra worked seamlessly with FSA member brigades to achieve a decisive victory against the regime last weekend. The joint effort raises questions of just how possible it really is to cleave the pro-Western rebels away from the rest

Maaloula is the rule and Bab is the exception, according to Swedish analyst and researcher Aron Lund, who has just completed a study of Syria’s nonstate actors. It is very rare that one group pulls off an operation all by itself. Instead individual commanders from across the ideological spectrum join forces to plan the attack, each contributing its specific expertise and weapons cache. “It’s unrealistic to expect that you can tell rebels to stay away from other rebels as long as civil war is going on.” Al-Nusra, he points out, has a particularly effective battlefield weapon that few of the more moderate groups can claim: suicide bombers. The conquest of Maaloula started with a suicide attack by an al-Nusra fighter on the government checkpoint. The fight went downhill from there. “The suicide attack is a powerful weapon,” says Lund. “Many battles start with an operation to take the military base. To do that you have to break the perimeter, and you can’t do that without a suicide bomber. So that is what Nusra brings to the table.”

Read more: world.time.com...

There is also plenty of reports of FSA "rebels" defecting to the Al Nusra "terrorists" in recent days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join