It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email from Michael Hastings before crash mentions FBI probe ("Big Story"-"Going off the Radar")

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious69
But i would like to pinpoint the place on google maps, to be able to place the vehicle and engine on the picture.
mapping the visible damage on the car in reference to the firehydrant and palmtree.
With the weight of the engine and end placement of it, it should be possible to estimate the speed of the car
and the visible panel damage on the car should tell if the car drove straight or sideways in to those objects.
i found the rough location on google streetwiew but i have not found the crash site yet.
Btw. Hitting the firehydrant and scraping over it could explain how the gastank came undone.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Curious69 because: had more to say.

Oddly - I'm not seeing the fire hydrant in this photo of what I believe is the correct location.
(In the video, the crash site looks to be within a block and a half of Melrose...which is the last "light" they drive through.)

Using that information...I have settled on these two trees...and, a closeup seems to reveal that these two are the same trees shown in other "photos" of the scene.

Larger image (taken from Google Maps)
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Again - I'm not seeing the fire hydrant...

Larger image...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious69

You would be surprised at the under body of the Mercedes. I was. It is totally enclosed with the exception of the rear portion of the exhaust.Not much to drag on the ground if you bottomed out in it.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon

Originally posted by cass1dy09
Single car crash at 4:30am.
Witnesses said it sounded like an explosion.
Engine and transmission in tact flew 50 ft away from the car.
Car had not even struck the tree.

Sigh.

Those palm trees are pretty sturdy. There was char on the tree and it was scraped for part of investigating the scene.

It could be a drone attack. Not sure how, maybe it was a directed energy weapon that microwaved the fuel from a distance.

It could be an additive in the gas tank, liquid explosives. That doesn't make total sense because a car like that must a lock on the gas tank. Eh, but the national defense agencies have the keyless entry codes into all the cars anyways. I still think they switched out the radio for a rigged radio and possibly had remote detonation.
How does the guy crash like that on a very straight section of roadway? That doesn't make sense. However a car running a straight path makes an easy target from above. That makes more sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I have never seen a fire hydrant. But why was the water gushing from the ground?

Before the fire department even showed up.

After the fire department showed up and it is still gushing water from the ground.

There are covers on the ground where the water was shooting up.
goo.gl...

And has anybody found out what this green barricade is? I have tried with no luck at all.

edit on 23-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

The engine and transmission was found a hundred and fifty feet in the opposite lane from the car. It was located in front of the storm drain that is painted red.

Here is the location. Same plant behind the storm drain.
goo.gl...

From the tree closes to the camera in the picture to the storm drain in the distance on the corner. You can see the storm drain from the location next to the light pole and the red paint on the storm drain.
goo.gl...
edit on 23-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Mercedes are built like tanks. there's no way that engine disengaged from the car due to an accident. I don't care how vast they were going.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

While i did not locate the spot where the accident was. i did take the route on streetview and found some
for me odd looking pipeworks that must be the so called firehydrants they dont look like the ones i know
but there are atleast two places on that street where those things stick out.
I did not know of the inclosed nature of the merc buttom. but knowing the build quality of mercs in general im not surprised, it just adds to the speculation on how this car got so badly mangled and litteraly exploded.
But im sure that the meeting and tearing up a firehydrant does not bode well for any type of civilian vehicle.
atleast im still juggeling the possibility that the car took the firehydrant out sideways and in the back wich would explain the damage to rear and undercarrige.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

That is a ignorant statement, and derails totally, what are your credentials for coming to that conclution besides
just filling space, you add absolutly nothing to the subject.
So what are tanks build like Aircraftcarriers?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

...I have never seen a fire hydrant. But why was the water gushing from the ground?
...Before the fire department even showed up.

...After the fire department showed up and it is still gushing water from the ground.
...There are covers on the ground where the water was shooting up.
goo.gl...
...And has anybody found out what this green barricade is? I have tried with no luck at all.

I've checked & re-checked against photos of the scene...and the location I showed in a post above, is the correct location... In one of the photos you have, here...that is taken FROM the side of the street that the 'good samaritan' water-hose-guy is spraying from...you can see the house across the street (just north) with a peculiar white picket fence and...uhhh...interesting walkway entrance. Going up and down North Highland Ave. in "street view" in Google Maps...the location of the picture I posted is the only one that fits.
That being said...in this photo (posted earlier in this thread), does it, or does it not look like there are 3 (THREE) palm trees in a row...with one showing a significantly broader girth...?

ETA: Additionally - this photo shows a LOT more palm trees than are evident in Google Maps (street view)... Also - Look how close the next "Traffic Light" is to the scene... In Google Street view I don't think you can see then next "Traffic Signal" going south on North Highland'.
edit on 6/23/2013 by WanDash because: more thoughts

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The odd looking pipe works (and the green barricade curious asked about ) may be gas line expansion joints. I have lived in various parts of CA for the last 15+ year and they have plenty of these gas lines that are connected in this manner so that the lines can be accessed in earthquake aftermaths or flex some during one.

The green ornamental casing is usually to hide the ugly pipe loops and keep vandals away.

Hope that helps!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Yes it seems to show 3 three trees. Where are you going with this?
are you in doubt of the location that you found. or do you question that it took place where it took place?
I fail to see the significance.
Besides the different camera angels ruins some of the perspective i guess. but im pretty sure that it is where it is.
if that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Well it might be gaspiping. but that just leaves the question where is the hydrant? and how "lucky" was it
that the car did not take out one of those boys!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The hydrant in the video is on the residential part of the street, I believe. The gas and utilities run under the meridian. So, you should see the hydrant in front of the house using Google Street view, I would imagine.

ETA: Correction, the hydrant may be on the island, that part of LA runs them in the Meridian. But, since we aren't near a corner, I think that may be a sprinkler head dislodged.

edit on 23-6-2013 by evc1shop because: ETA

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

That is a ignorant statement, and derails totally, what are your credentials for coming to that conclution besides just filling space, you add absolutly nothing to the subject. So what are tanks build like Aircraftcarriers?

firstly it's called hyperbole. secondly asking for "credentials" (implying that one's opinion is wrong based on not having "credentials") is a form of ad hominem argument.

that being said, mercedes-benz c-class cars have an excellent safety rating. the engine coming out due to a standard crash is very unlikely, the fire is also unlikely. the explosion upon impact is incredibly unlikely. '

it is also interesting that a freelance journalist was parked there to watch him run a red light, then decided to follow before he knew the crash happened. yup...just gonna follow this car that ran a red light. it's heavily edited.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

...Yes it seems to show 3 three trees. Where are you going with this?
are you in doubt of the location that you found. or do you question that it took place where it took place?
I fail to see the significance.
Besides the different camera angels ruins some of the perspective i guess. but im pretty sure that it is where it is.
if that makes sense.

I'm just wondering how many sportster-type Mercedes crash into palm trees and burn in Los Angeles...
Are we getting photos that aren't related?
Unless there has been a lot of changes in that specific spot since Google Maps acquired their photos for Street View - something is awry.
Maybe palm trees are added to these streets fairly easily and/or commonly in Los Angeles... I wouldn't know. Maybe someone from the area could chime in with relevant information.
Maybe they've added a Traffic Signal at the next "block" since those Street View photos were taken... I don't know - but maybe someone reading this does - and can set that question to rest.
I think the street "name" at the traffic signal is Rosewood...but if the event-scene photos are correct...it should be the 6600 block of W. Clinton St. ...(meaning - one city block back (north) toward Melrose).
This first pic' is during the fire... Look to the left of the vehicle...across the street...at the white picket fence, with the 'interesting' entrance for the walkway.

Now, look at the same location I posted before (in Google Maps Street View), but from an angle similar to that taken by the crash-scene photographer...

You go up and down that street...and this is the only location you will find that fence and entry (in Google Maps, Street View)...
And - this is 4 houses before Clinton Street... "Rosewood" is another city block...on...

Again - I have no theory to plug this in-to...but, I see no way around it being very strange.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

See the Psychic sign. It happened across the street from it.

< br />
And yes the photos are being altered. The screen grabs from the videos seem to be the only ones trust worthy. I think they added trees in to block the view of houses in photos for some reason.

Image from crash scene. Not photo shopped.

Image from scene clearly photo shopped.

See the difference?

Image not photo shopped.

This image is photo shopped.

< br />
See the difference?

And all the photos show the exhaust system still laying on the ground behind the vehicle. So they did not move the vehicle.

Here are the videos.
In this video at 1:10 is that a barricade sign of some kind laying flat on the ground in front of the car?

edit on 24-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

JBA, thanks for pointing out the obviously photo-shopped images. That puts things in a little better perspective. I, too, was confused at first about the tree count and other little things that seemed out of place.
Star for you!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

...See the Psychic sign. It happened across the street from it.

Thanks!!!!
You're always good at finding photos.
Gotta wonder WHO? and WHY? these photo alterations/manipulations.
Surely it isn't just some goofy publication that doesn't want to have to pay royalties for "on the scene" photos - that pays someone to photoshop things in and out, so their picture will be original... ... ...? Do you think?
It sure muddies the waters, though.
The more versions of the story you can get circulating - the more likely the real story will never be known.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

Hmm i see nothing wrong with the trees if you watch the actual video. the palmtrees are on the central devider
and the non palmtrees are on the side of the residents.
why did you choose to compare 2 pictures from different angels.
What looks out of place on those pictures to you?
You had to see the entire video to make that screendump. again why choose 2 different angels, what are you trying to proove or question by that?

The other thread is showing photoshopped pics !!!

They're pretty clear and obvious !!!

What Now?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Bilk22

That is a ignorant statement, and derails totally, what are your credentials for coming to that conclution besides
just filling space, you add absolutly nothing to the subject.
So what are tanks build like Aircraftcarriers?

It's not an ignorant statement. Why don't you google some info on the matter and see if this has ever occurred to a Benz prior to this. I don't think you'll find a prior example. Mercedes are among the strongest and safest cars built. What's your purpose for posting to this thread and what have you brought to the table?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foobler
If it was indeed a huge gasoline explosion which caused the fireball it would have come from the gas tank. And yet this picture clearly shows the gas tank laying behind the car is in solid condition:

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 21-6-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

I was at home a few weeks ago, and I heard what sounded like an explosion. It turned out to be someone hitting a light pole in the median of the street on which I live. A car smacks into an immovable object you get a very sudden loud sound that immediately quits and will tend to sound like an explosion when you have no clue what it is. It was apparent, when I went outside to see wtf had happened that the car had likely hit the pole doing about 40ish (just a guess). I can imagine the smack from a car doing 100ish hitting a tree. The ironic thing about all that is that after the city repaired the pole, someone else hit it within 48 hours of the repair LOL

I am leaning more and more towards this being related to the govt investigation but I am not convinced it was a govt hit or just a result of his reaction and paranoia from the investigation.

For those who think the car was a drone strike, there would be obvious signs of such. There is no visible evidence in the pictures of an explosion, the type that would come from a missile strike or bomb in the vehicle. Structurally the car would exhibit signs of the explosion that would be unmistakable. The only structural damage is consistent with a car striking immovable objects....in all honesty the car does not seem to have hit anything at 100mph, but then that may be due to the sound engineering by Mercedes...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join