It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email from Michael Hastings before crash mentions FBI probe ("Big Story"-"Going off the Radar")

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
Single car crash at 4:30am.
Witnesses said it sounded like an explosion.
Engine and transmission in tact flew 50 ft away from the car.
Car had not even struck the tree.

Sigh.

Those palm trees are pretty sturdy. There was char on the tree and it was scraped for part of investigating the scene.

It could be a drone attack. Not sure how, maybe it was a directed energy weapon that microwaved the fuel from a distance.

It could be an additive in the gas tank, liquid explosives. That doesn't make total sense because a car like that must a lock on the gas tank. Eh, but the national defense agencies have the keyless entry codes into all the cars anyways. I still think they switched out the radio for a rigged radio and possibly had remote detonation.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If it *was* a car bomb, and then obviously a hit by unknown but lethal persons,

1. How difficult is it when the car is fully consumed by fire to prove it?

and

2. If you were the police department in charge of the investigation, would you take a chance and say so? Would you implicate unknown killers, including possibly your own government, in a hit?

The real issue here is, is the FBI investigating since the fact of the man's profession and ability to make powerful enemies obviously indicates this could be both retribution and silencing, as well as a message to others who might think about doing the same.

If the FBI isn't investigating, I think that implicates them or one of the other alphabet agencies.

I hope Glenn Greenwald checks underneath his car from now on and lives in a safe house.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This isn't Hollywood. Cars don't just explode when they crash. The fact that police are saying that there is no foul play should be telling enough.

Also, if you rig a car bomb to blow once the ignition is set it becomes pretty obvious the guy has been offed. So what you do is set a car bomb, threaten the guy to get him running, chase him and then remote detonate the bomb. Of course he hit a tree and there are no skid marks. He was dead behind the wheel.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
THIS WAS A MESSAGE!!...and now everyone will wonder "how come nobody is reporting on corruption in our military-industrial complex" ?....this is going to back off any reporter that wants to stay alive. to say this was an accident is insulting to people with a modicum of critical-thinking skills. I'm still waiting to see/hear why there is (what look to be) round bullet holes on the drivers side of the wreck in the original video? and how does a Mercedes engine explode in flames sending motor and tranny flying, wouldn't it just seize up and catch fire?...this is BS, and the reporters for the LA times know it.
edit on 23-6-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Could the car be controlled by electronics? is this in anyway possible? the steering? the throttle? the door locks? It goes on and on. After reading about some of the capabilities of our governments spying - who knows what "they" can do - it scares the crap out of the journalist for sure.

It is no longer make believe stuff in the movies anymore - it is out there and being used.

edit on 23-6-2013 by Dukesy because: Left out finishing sentence

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The LA Times has a video of the car burning, supposedly one of their journalists
was in the area. What is odd, the journalist supposedly caught Hastings car
on video before the crash, speeding by, literally. Was he being chased?
The journalist says the video proves he was not, however how convenient
is that?

One cant help but wonder....the gas pedal suddenly accelerates, and the car
speeds up out of Hastings control.
Just like the movies - only in real life.

www.latimes.com...

How is this done?

Watch how....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

In an email sent hours before his death in a single-car L.A. crash, journalist Michael Hastings wrote that his “close friends and associates” were being interviewed by the FBI and he was going to “go off the radar for a bit.”
...According to the email, sent to KTLA, Hastings wrote he was working on a “big story” and was going to disappear. He told his colleagues that if the FBI came to interview them, they should have legal counsel present.
...The subject of the email was “FBI Investigation re: NSA.” Hastings sent the email to his colleagues just before 1 p.m. Monday and blind-copied his friend, Staff Sgt. Joseph Biggs.

...More about Michael Hastings actions before his fateful demise is trickling out. Despite the FBI's claims to the contrary yesterday, it does appear they were investigating him and were interviewing people he knew about him....

Has anyone noticed clothing strewn around the crash-site?
It's not likely that he would have sent an email around 1 "p.m." (?)...saying he was going to disappear for a while, and then waited around for those he sent the email to...to come by (his residence) and bring parting gifts.
If you actually believe you're being investigated (and, perhaps, under surveillance), and you send an electronic message of alert & warning to "known" affiliates...you are probably preparing to "walk out the door" at that moment. (imo)
If that is the case (or something similar) - was he prepared to go "off the radar" with no clothing and other items of necessity? One would think that he would surely have better prepared himself ('cause - if you're going off radar - you probably don't want to be spending a lot of time in stores, here and/or there, purchasing such items...and perhaps, leaving a trail of crumbs for the FBI/NSA to follow).

I do agree that a remote control of some sort could have been used in this situation.

What I find odd about the video is - when he passed through the red light at a higher rate of speed than what would be customary...he must have turned left (or made multiple turns) before arriving on the street where his car crashed/exploded. Every intersection he went through at a high rate of speed was a game of Russian Roulette. If it was all done under his own influence/control...then he was planning on going off the radar permanently.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Jesus, man.

So, after the PTB are done abusing the systems in place to hide and carry out plans, when does 'skynet' become self-aware?!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So right before his death he tells people that the Government is after him and he needs to go off the radar?

Spooky. They got him before he could escape.

Some REAL conspiracy stuff here for once.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Found the two videos; one of the car racing in Los Angeles, and then
moments later the crash with the car on fire.

www.youtube.com

Car racing by, then the journalist filming drives up to the crash site.

Video of Hastings car on fire (conveniently slammed into a tree) flaming
hot then explodes.

www.youtube.com

I dont know how far off Sky Net is, the drones are pretty far advanced but the
cost of surveillance for the average joe has got to be too high at least as far
as I can see.

If I remember right, in the movie, eventually they used us as an energy source.
edit on 23-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

Why does it look like the car basically exploded around the a-pillar while the gas tank is in the rear?
I wonder if someone sent him a text while driving home (al la the movie Speed): "There's a bomb under your car, you must not stop, must not open any doors and must increase your speed by 5mph every minute and never back off from a each 5mph increment or 'ka-boom' ....

Just saying maybe he tried to ditch the car at speed, perhaps he was going to try and roll down his window, cut hard to the grass and bail or something....

Anything is possible and I do know this is far-fetched but the reality is that it is still a possibility.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
In addition to what I wrote above, I do not see skid marks of any sort in any of the video that look like someone would have made at high speed while turning perfectly perpendicular to fit between the trees.

That leaves me with another theory, he was being chased, knew the area, sped up trying to lose them, decided he couldn't but again knowing the area, he planned to get in behind the row of trees and let them pass because surely they would think he was heading to his home to release info etc...

His car didn't make it over the curb and they found him, a sitting duck. Perhaps they shoved his car with another vehicle busting up the rear bumper etc... but then, a silenced shot or a broken neck and an explosive of some sort and away they go.

That's my better theory since the lack of skids indicates a either a controlled stop (beneficial to this theory) or a full on precise turn (lucky) that supports my previous post.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

If the cars brakes were disabled by way of remote control, or an infected PCU,
there would be no skid marks. Not only that, the steering would slam him right into
a tree. Very convenient. They cant all die from heart attacks, that is too suspicious.

Mix it up a bit, you know.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My 5 cents to this strange accident!
The Mercedes is a car made to be driven by wire, So its electronically controlled by servomotors to
activate throttle and breakes.
One witness if credible tells that the car Jackknifed? before the accident, as i understand the term, its only
used if you carry a trailer and loose control.
but lets say that the car suddently weared off the road from a straight line! this is very possible to make the
car do as you can technically breake the wheels independetly, wich would give such effect.
The missing tiremarks on the road could be due to ABS breakes.
The drone theory that is out there, does not make much sense. Atleast it sounds to risky, when planting
a simple bomb would be relatively easy.
Does anybody know if Hastings was known as a speedfreak?
Did he usually use the streets as a racetrack?
Even so. The mercedes of that vintage is usually a very easydriven and precise car, getting it wrong in a straight line
is possible but suspicious.
The car burning i guess is possible, given the speed the exhaust would have been red hot in places, and gas
from ruptured fuel lines could catch fire. not very easy though, fuel/airmix is hard to obtain outside.
But the explosive nature of the crash is totally strange, i dont see how the tank would have ruptured in
a near head on collision IN A MERCEDES. wich is the only possible way i see a explotion of that magnitude happening.
Princess Diana and Jorg Haider was offed using the same methode. somone Call this the BOSTON BREAKES
look it up if you will.
Sorry for my broken english.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I agree on the mixing it up but it doesn't look like he actually hit the tree. Do you see evidence of that somewhere?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
From this piece from Free Barrett Brown...Hastings was investigating a story
on Anonymous.

His teaser: Get ready for you mind to be blown

Before his untimely death, Hastings was working on a story about Barrett, announcing mysteriously to his followers “Get ready for your mind to be blown.” Hastings had been in touch with Barrett’s lawyers, and intended to interview him in June for the story. Barrett has been in prison for 281 days pending trial, and faces over a hundred years imprisonment for what Hastings called ”trumped up FBI charges regarding his legitimate reportorial inquiry into the political collective known sometimes as Anonymous.”

freebarrettbrown.org...

Other mainstream media reports that he was working on a story about the CIA.
Well, that makes sense thinking outloud....CIA being synonymous with Anonymous.

Hastings had contacted Wikileaks attorney Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died.
along with warning that his associates were being interviewed and questioned.

Meanwhile, the FBI denies he was under surveillance.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
As soon as I heard that he'd died in a "car crash", I turned to my wife and said "yeah, right",

There will be more to this story in the end. A reporter who bought down a US General and claimed that the FBI was closing in on him and family just before he died ?

They probably think this will go under the radar of most conspiracy theory people.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

I looked at the video, it shows the car right next to the tree,
so not actually wrapped around it.

If the engine was 100 feet away, how did the car catch on fire?

LA Times reports that the cars engine was 100 feet away.

The car was going so fast, the engine was found more than 100 feet away
from the crash, authorities said.
www.latimes.com...

How did the car catch on fire? Explosives perhaps?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Ok, lets go with the quote about the engine being 100 feet away for a minute. If he slowed the car down enough to get up on the curb, the what was the forward velocity of the car that threw the engine out?

Have you ever tried to wrestle an engine out of a car? I have pulled, rebuilt and re-installed many in my past and the engine cradles (Cross members / motor mounts and transmission mounts, if equipped) all will contribute to making it difficult as well as the actual car chassis and frame to just toss the engine out. The engine would have had to be ejected at a 35-60 degree angle to get that kind of distance. If it went straight out the front, there would have been a ditch, I suspect, about 10-20ft in front of the scene where gravity pulled the engine and transmission assembly downward during forward progression. I do not think 100 feet or even 50 is possible give the energy needed to break the engine loose to begin with. I am not buying that it was launched out on impact, especially if we are supposed to believe that the car hit a tree head on or something, that alone would mean the engine passed through the tree or glanced off of it, again absorbing any potential to fly far.

Now park, or push a car into position and explode it with something under the engine while the car is in a clearing between the trees, that's a completely new scenario....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'm seeing something strange.

here is a still from the video;

and here is a pic from "the crash scene" as shown in another thread by GrantedBail;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is it me or do the trees not look quite right????

other things don't seem to match up either.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join