It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email from Michael Hastings before crash mentions FBI probe ("Big Story"-"Going off the Radar")

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

In an email sent hours before his death in a single-car L.A. crash, journalist Michael Hastings wrote that his “close friends and associates” were being interviewed by the FBI and he was going to “go off the radar for a bit.”

According to the email, sent to KTLA, Hastings wrote he was working on a “big story” and was going to disappear. He told his colleagues that if the FBI came to interview them, they should have legal counsel present.

The subject of the email was “FBI Investigation re: NSA.” Hastings sent the email to his colleagues just before 1 p.m. Monday and blind-copied his friend, Staff Sgt. Joseph Biggs.

Link

More about Michael Hastings actions before his fateful demise is trickling out. Despite the FBI's claims to the contrary yesterday, it does appear they were investigating him and were interviewing people he knew about him.
edit on 21-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here is the article which makes the claim the FBI was not investigating Hastings from yesterday:

The bureau responded in a statement: "At no time was journalist Michael Hastings ever under investigation by the FBI."

The FBI's statement comes as officials with the Los Angeles Police Department said that there appears to be no foul play in the one-vehicle accident that killed Hastings.

Officials still are trying to determine whether there was a mechanical problem with the car, if Hastings may have had a medical condition, or if he consumed substances that could have impaired his driving. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity.

[url=http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fbi-insists-michael-hastings-was-not-under-investigation-20130620,0,2381330.story?track=rss]Story[/ur l]

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Single car crash at 4:30am.
Witnesses said it sounded like an explosion.
Engine and transmission in tact flew 50 ft away from the car.
Car had not even struck the tree.

Sigh.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

Sigh.

Sounds like a drone strike to me. :-/

Yeah, there would likely be shrapnel, but I wouldn't put it past them to have a casing that basically disintegrates.

The fact that I would even think that it is a possibility is really sad.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran

Originally posted by cass1dy09

Sigh.

Sounds like a drone strike to me. :-/

Yeah, there would likely be shrapnel, but I wouldn't put it past them to have a casing that basically disintegrates.

The fact that I would even think that it is a possibility is really sad.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So, a journalist dies under mysterious circumstances while investigating the government. Silkwood ring a bell?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This link has a screen shot of his e-mail:

ktla.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

................Witness: Hastings’ speeding car ‘shook my car like a freight truck going by’

A driver who witnessed the fiery crash that killed journalist Michael Hastings says the vehicle the 33-year-old was driving shook his car "like a freight truck" as it flew by early Tuesday morning in Los Angeles.

thought i would add that.

was trying to out run drone???

don't know myself but just pondering.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Probably being chased.

2nd

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Probably being chased.

2nd

Maybe this is why the LoudLabs video cuts an edit after it shows him speeding by. As to not show the car speeding after him. Probably the mexican witness said cars instead of car.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thishereguy

Reading that Yahoo story of the guy he passed sounds strange and is off in few things.

news.yahoo.com...

As I was running, a couple of workers from the service station at the corner of Melrose and Highland were also running over.

Did he run over or drive a tow truck that is in the video?

Fire trucks and police cars were at the scene almost immediately, it seemed.

The video shows he drove past this guy and four minutes later he pulled up on the scene and a Tow truck and a ADT Security truck was there. no police or fire trucks.

The video.

And the bottom of the tree was already damaged.

goo.gl...

The house with the guy with the water hose. Has two Mercedes of the same type and color?Strange right.

goo.gl...

This story is getting stranger by the minute. And ADT has a new head honcho. And guess what she was a head honcho at Verizon from there start. You know when they set up all the NSA spying.

And ADT has some one new in the company. Kathleen McLean Named ADT Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer.

www.dailyfinance.com...

And where does she come from? Verizon.

www22.verizon.com...

Verizon from the beginning.

Ms. McLean has held a number of portfolios within the Information Technology group including: senior vice president, OSS Policy and Performance Assurance, vice president of Architecture and Technology and vice president of Wholesale Systems. In these capacities, she was responsible for Wholesale Systems, Systems Architecture, Call Management Technologies, Corporate Data Management, Marketing Systems and Data Warehouses, eCommerce, and Infrastructure Support. Prior to joining Verizon (Bell Atlantic), Ms. McLean was vice president, Telecommunications Industry Group at an international business and information technology consulting firm where she had P&L responsibility for a major practice area. She has over 25 years of experience leading organizations especially in the use of process quality and information technology to improve performance.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It wasn't a drone. He would have never saw it, heard it, ect. No reason for him to be speeding like that.

I wonder if he was threatened; the people who were chasing him broke off, and went another route because they knew cameras would be rolling, police ect.
edit on 21-6-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If it was indeed a huge gasoline explosion which caused the fireball it would have come from the gas tank. And yet this picture clearly shows the gas tank laying behind the car is in solid condition:

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 21-6-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hastings was murdered by Wikileaks to protect Julian Assange.

He was just a fall guy all along...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
From the beginning, this didn't feel right to me. That doesn't mean anything was going on. I would just like to know where he could have been going or coming from at that time. Was it normal for him to take risky, unnecessary chances? You know, things that would point to him living on the edge.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

Yes it is... Very sad indeed my friend

I wish there were at least skid arks on the road... It's kinda hard I mean not to think the obvious when the obvious is naked and yelling my name in front of me..the Obama administration doesn't cover # up very well lol!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Hastings was murdered by Wikileaks to protect Julian Assange.

He was just a fall guy all along...

oh look, ANOTHER worthless, minimal post from Sankari, that contributes exactly NOTHING to the thread...

Huge surprise, this...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
One of the worst things someone could do in the middle of an FBI probe is to provide any sort of evidence about running away. That sets off agent gotcha reflexes and they chase. Going off the radar is like an investigation term for cleansing: a person runs away, reinvents their persona, maybe in more extreme cases loses their car and runs under a fake name. The investigators still go and investigate, watch the person spin their wheels and spend their money, and just don't care because it's what they do.

This could be an element of conspiracy and Hastings' phone could have been cloned and used to send the text before the death. He has a pen and paper, he was a writer with doctor parents, lawyers, and a big network of peers who supported him, so it's not characteristic of someone like Hastings to go through the fired general story without flinching and then skip town about the wikileaks thing. Likely he was researching for the lawyer.

So the newspaper claim was Hastings said the FBI was investigating him, but the FBI says they weren't.

Maybe it's newspeak and the FBI SID was investigating them. Maybe there are FBI impersonators, or Infragard. Maybe they are merely affiliated with the military and the Democratic Party (true story) and it wasn't an official investigation, just some phone hacking and organized crime from the likes of the Pentagon and NorthCom. That NorthCom is popping up all over the place now that they militarized cyberspace and civil disturbances, maybe Hastings was onto that.

Maybe it's rogue FBI. No, the FBI could openly lie about investigations happening; I figure because all they'd have to do is trash the files and who would know? Put it under a ridiculous code name like "Operation basketcase" and call it classified.

Sometimes the deception isn't all black death and evil shadows. Sometimes it's light fluffy shiny bright suggestions that sneak in to whitewash reality. There are people who exist with those sort of mentalist abilities, and they tend to gravitate towards jobs in intelligence. One minute you're looking at a wanted person and the next you're thinking you should reevaluate your entire life and give up detective work (thinking, hey I'm not a detective who put in that...professor X is that you?) One minute you're on the way to the story and the next you think it's a great idea to go speeding into a palm tree. Maybe Hastings was one of those geopathic stress sensitives and there was precursor waves to a quake in the area which made him go unbalanced; maybe he had a seizure.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Sandalphon because: Illuminati are not so hard at work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join