It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to walk on one foot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
CBS

Corker:“border security on steroids,”

Schumer:“With this agreement, we have now answered every criticism that has come forward about the immigration bill.”

WASHINGTON (AP) — Far-reaching immigration legislation offering the prize of U.S. citizenship to millions is swiftly gaining ground in the Senate following agreement between Republicans and Democrats on dramatic steps aimed at securing the border with Mexico.

The deal to double Border Patrol agents and fencing along the Southwest border won support Thursday from four undecided Republican senators for the immigration bill that’s a top priority for President Barack Obama. More appeared likely to come on board, putting the legislation within reach of securing the bipartisan vote that its authors say is needed to ensure serious consideration by the GOP-controlled House.

“It is safe to say that this agreement has the power to change minds in the Senate,” said Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., a lead author of the bill. “With this agreement, we have now answered every criticism that has come forward about the immigration bill.”

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said the deal should satisfy those Republicans concerned that the border security provisions in the bill were too weak. “If they can’t accept these provisions, then border security is not their problem,” McCain said...

Well if this is top priority of Obama and has McCain's approval, this is not good, not good at all.

You now have a fence to keep people out for both sides.

This article will demonstrate how politicians can walk around with their foot up their ass and their fist in their mouth and seem perfectly normal doing so. For far too long the people bought into the image, judging the book by its cover, because they were told it was good for them by a critic with a gun to their head.

This bill is no good for America. You do not need to protect yourself from outsiders, the problem resides in your GOVT and those who have infiltrated for the purpose of pushing this NWO agenda.

This bill should not pass, but there is just one more leg to go.

edit on 21-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: were

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, I'll be honest and not play like I've suddenly become a convert. The people who came here by breaking our laws...and have stayed here by breaking our laws...should leave here and apply to reentry from their home countries. Period.

HOWEVER...... Having said that? We're a 50/50 split nation. My wishes are never going to happen. With that reality in mind and assuming this is how it's being described for the measure to be taken, I can live with and support this. A true doubling of field agents (not just thousands more paper pushers on desks like last time) and a true addition of 350 miles of fencing which ought to cover a good % of what ever can be reasonably fenced by terrain ..BEFORE perm. legal status is granted? That's the best I think we'll ever get for a compromise that basically makes everyone just a little short of happy. So, it's a cooked bird and a success by modern standards.

As long as this really does happen as presented. I'm skeptical because we saw this in 1986 too and got all the amnesty with 0 security. It's all in how it's written. I don't trust John McCain anymore than Obama himself ..but some who are accepting this, I do think have sincere self preservation instinct as serving in border states with border residents virtually under siege at times. Again..It's not perfect, but perfect will never happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You just have revelations that the GOVT has been tracking and collecting data for 11/10 years, legally, not including all the other unwarranted taps and files logged before the obamabush Administration.

Now they want to double the fencing on their border to protect the American people and the economy where they will be giving away American jobs with the new trans pacific partnership TPP.

DO NOT TRUST YOUR GOVT THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

not too mention on record the highest the NYSE has been recently and America National Debt the highest it has ever been. That right there tells you things are sham. WOOOOW.

edit on 21-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: no sarcasim was directed at any one individual in particular. thank you

edit on 21-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: yyyyyyy

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Well, we disagree on this. I've been a hard ardent supporter of triple layer border fencing since it was proposed over 10 years ago. I've been on the border countless times over the years. I've personally seen the signs like this one:

...and I've seen first hand why those signs were produced and mounted up and down Interstate 8 as well as secondary highways well north of it, south of Phoenix. It isn't media I get my opinion from and it's not the Government I take anything from on this. I've seen it. Directly. With my Mark I eyeballs.

This doesn't go far enough in securing the border. Not near far enough ....but it's the best we will get and I'm good enough to see and accept that. Fighting at this point may lose even this much concession from those who would see borders erased entirely (but ONLY U.S. borders and then, generally, only the Southern one). The immigrants seeking work are a small part of the problem and honestly, the least troublesome of the whole thing. It's the whole industry that supports the smuggling of "human cargo" and everything else it brings right beside them.

Border security isn't optional, as every other nation on Earth agrees. It's survival of our nation. I am glad to see they're expanding some Visa programs though. Perhaps that can include the seasonal agriculture workers. I'm sure a good number of those I knew in passing, in California produce areas would love to spend the off seasons at home with family if they knew they could get back to the U.S. for the working seasons in the fields.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You have nothing to fear but fear itself....

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The border fence is already the law. It's called the Border Security Act and it passed 7 years ago.

The fence was supposed to be 700 miles. The government built 30 miles and then defunded it.

Everything the legislature says and does is complete smoke and mirrors. Especially regarding the immigration "debate". Don't believe any of the promises on either side. Like I said, it's all a show.

top topics

join