It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paula Deen uses the N-Word - gets sued - right or worng?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It is nothing more than Food Network pandering to "Racism Hysteria".

When Sunny Anderson was smoking pot, they didn't seem to mind so much.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

it's not applicable across the board, as a result, it's not an example of useful social engineering. it's sole purpose is to create resentment for that proverbial pendulum swing to the opposite pole, which is what is really unacceptable. people need to get over themselves.

edit on 23-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

You're correct, Free Speech doesn't apply. Free Speech does NOT include hate speech (of which the N word is an example). .

Unfortunately, you're wrong. I had some very specific experience with this (a family member on the receiving end) and one can use the "N" word and a hell of a lot worse and there is no recourse through the legal system even on the federal level.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I completely agree with you. I don't really see the word "'n-word'" as being a racist word by the majority any more. If black folks call each other the n-word (which they have at every job I've had and most jobs I had involved wearing a suit and tie) then I no longer believe the word has the meaning it used to. I believe that the implied racism the term alludes to is generally in the tone with which the word is spoken, even then it is just a word (sticks and stones and all). I have friends who are black and I have called them the n-word from time to time and they call me a cracker, its all in good nature. The media, lawyers and certain groups try to keep certain words alive to be able to apply racist labels to people in order to generate $$$ and hate and keep us divided as a country. I am not naive I do know that racism is alive and well not only here in the USA but in every country. Where is the line on which we are all measured? GOODBYE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!

edit on 24-6-2013 by kdyam because: Edited due to auto edit when trying to type in nagger "sp" and being auto edited to n-word.. seriously? Thanks a lot ATS for upholding the costitution you are almost as bad as the Obama administration

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

Sadly ,the black and Hispanic communities eat a lot of bad stuff. Their neighborhoods tend to be full of asthma,cardiac and diabetes .
They don't need Paula to eat poorly . How often do you see a full rack of pork rinds ,or a tres leches anything,in a white middle class neugborhood .

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

pork rinds....not so bad for you. Blood fat, cholesterol, is mostly made in the liver by converting carbohydrates. It is the carb rich diets of these cultures

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by babybunnies

You're correct, Free Speech doesn't apply. Free Speech does NOT include hate speech (of which the N word is an example). .

Unfortunately, you're wrong. I had some very specific experience with this (a family member on the receiving end) and one can use the "N" word and a hell of a lot worse and there is no recourse through the legal system even on the federal level.

Not on any level. I am not sure where babybunnies is from, but "hate speech" is not illegal. The "fire" in a crowded theater example is apples and oranges, so I am not sure where that came in.

Regardless, as I have mentioned....if it isn't racist for Kanye West or Lil Wayne to use that word, why is it for Paula Deen?

Before I will talk "racism" any more, I want to remove the hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You are correct, it isn't a crime. People are confused about it more today.
I think that may be because of hate crime legislation. The use of certain words during the commission of a crime graduates it to a 'hate crime'. I think a crime is a crime, whether it is driven by hate or not. It seems silly to say that a guy should go to prison for a longer time if he hates the guy that he has beaten.... I mean, if he doesn't use a racial slur when he beats a guy up... does that mean he likes them???

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Are these celebrities mentally reatrded?

If i have TV show or an important person( audience wise) that gets paid BIG bucks, i would just STFU. Keep my hatred or whatever you wanna call it inside.

When are these people gonna learn, when you make big bucks you loose the right to be an average joe.

I can probably get away with a racial slur but you can't.

Important people affect large population, in this case, a food show, now it would give the audience that she is a racist and just playing nice(whether she is one or not)..

It is understand why the network would cancel her.

If i was a millionaire, i would like to make little mistake as possible and keep out of trouble... that is the cost of big bucks.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

If i have TV show or an important person( audience wise) that gets paid BIG bucks, i would just STFU. Keep my hatred or whatever you wanna call it inside.

have you ever seen eddie murphy's comedy skit entitled, DELIRIOUS? i am a fan of eddie's comedy in movies but his stand up is .......well if a white person did that stand up routine, he'd be labelled a racist, homo phobe. the idea that only white people can be racist is breeding an environment of bitterness and the unseen push, the future agenda of it, is to create the opposite kind of racism on a massive scale. the pendulum does not have to swing all the way to one side or the other. the black people in positions of authority and/or influence, need to stand up to the people pushing the "whites are racist" concept and stop it before it just repeats the same dang cycle all over again.

edit on 24-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

But that's the thing,, the oppressed can say tings without getting labelled, because they are oppressed by the majority. The "oppression" is a not evident but it is felt by minorities, unless you are one, you would not feel it. It is sort of like walking into a room full of black guys and vice versa.

Its easier for minorities to make fun of the majority.

Fat girl calling a good looking girl a B*tch would be a pass compared to a good looking girls calling fat girls fat.

Its just has different effects.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
oh no what shall we do? I had an african american guy come to my high school english class and give a lecture on how he doesn't care if he's called the N-word because truly it means ignorant or a pile of sticks. The racist kkk landowners found something to belittle thier slaves with back then and look what trouble their white ignorant butts caused. And also now days you hear it said by african americans to other african americans in rap and music. So i say who cares, I just feel like sending lame and stupid agitators into the sun on a one way rocket trip.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

But that's the thing,, the oppressed can say tings without getting labelled, because they are oppressed by the majority. The "oppression" is a not evident but it is felt by minorities, unless you are one, you would not feel it. It is sort of like walking into a room full of black guys and vice versa.

Its easier for minorities to make fun of the majority.

incorrect. are the majority of people homo sexual?
let me give you a quote from eddie's delirious routine

" i'm afraid of gay people. petrified. i have nightmares about gay people, i have this
nightmare that i go to hollywood and i find out that mr. T is a faggot. really,
and he'd be walking up to people and be going,
"hey boy, you be lookin' mighty cute in them jeans."

mind you, eddie is one of my favorite movie comedians. he's in my top three, along with bill cosby and will smith but that stand up is some of the most blatant racist, homo phobic material i've heard from an entertainer and it's considered perfectly acceptable because, the idea is to promote such bitterness from the white population that there's a resultant and equally racist backlash. they are TRYING to breed racism in white people - THEY WANT white people to be racist. that is text book democratic platform from the way back.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Well, to be fair....if she said the above she would have been fired, too.

We all say things that are either stupid, or offend some other group.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
addendum to my post above ^

whenever you see an extreme reaction and/or extreme laws, you can bet that it is a form of psychological warfare. people are being manipulated on a massive scale to repeat the cycle of civilizations, the same mistakes, the same problems, just from the opposite pole and then, wait a few hundred years and that thing swings all the way to the other pole. it's STUPID.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Just goes to show how wrong most stereotypes are... I absolutely LOVE pork rinds, can eat them by the bag, and also love watermelon and fried chicken... had some chicken last night. I'm white.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

what happens if you tell your child, from the time he's old enough to understand you, that he's an idiot? does he go on to be a rocket scientist? answer: the odds are stacked against him in the most aggregious way, at the subconscious level.

now think about what this whole "white people are racists" thing is doing to young minds from the white populace. the people who promulgate that philosophy and make laws to really drive it home, curtailing free speech, even in jest, for only select sectors of the populace and backdating it as far as is necessary to make the point (like me showing eddie's routine from the 90s or holding a person responsible for stuff she said years before like the cook). are our children going to grow up being non-racists? the odds are stacked against them in the most aggregious way, at the subconscious level.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
case in point. i rest my case, ladies and gentlemen!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
in case you didn't get what i meant by posting that video:

1. he said he received phone calls after his appearance at the national prayer breakfast, from democrats calling him the N word and deriding him for being an uncle tom. imagine calling a successful neurosurgeon, ignorant, because of the color of his skin. something is seriously wrong with that picture!

2. his mom insisted he was smart from the time he was young, not that he was dumb or ignorant, not that he was a skin color. his best feature in her estimation was his intellect. is that so wrong? why are we still straining over skin color? think about it. it's an agenda and if you're black, it is not in your favor.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Those are excellent points, and I must say I have been impressed with every post you have made in this thread. You are able to put into words something I have tried many times to say and apparently have miserably failed each time. We are no longer suppressing racism as much as we are perpetuating it.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join