It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last time you heard Rush 2112 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah years ago right ? , or you've never heard it ?
Let me put that right by offering you either a chance to stroll down memory lane or to open yourself to the experience that is 2112 .

I can't think how long its been since I last heard this but its the perfect accompaniment for browsing ATS.
Like a fine wine it just gets better with age

edit on 21-6-2013 by gortex because: Spell

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The last time you heard Rush 2112

Thanks Gortex,

That needed to be asked. In my case it has been about a decade. But after I listen to it today, it'll be today. I hope I can handle the nostalgia.

Thanks for the reminder.

P.S. I challenge you to listen to the The Temple of Syrinx and imagine the 'Priests' doing a dance along to the music and not crack up. It's hilariously incongruent to me.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Note to Mods, Goretex. I have removed adobe flash from my computer and will never re installit. Adobe installes two automatic update programs that run all the time in background and are practically impossible to delete. PLus I was infected with a root kit trojan callled sirefef that hid in the Adobe update procedure.

So please consider posting any vid with an alternate format...avi, mp4, etc.

thank you.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just last week actually.
Will always be one of the greatest concept albums of all time.
Rush was at their youthful creative peak then, something every great band seems to have around their 3 rd or 4th album.
I was lucky enough to see them touring to support the album.
One of the best shows I've ever saw.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
About a month ago.That being said,I have re-discovered the song 'The Manhattan Project' recently.

30+year fan of Rush here!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ah such a great album. It's one of my go-to's for when I'm at work so I listen to it about once a week probably. That and hemispheres. Missed them last time they came through but saw them on the Time Machine tour. Neil's still a beast after all this time. Sadly I wasn't born in time to catch them touring for 2112

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Wow, been a long time since I last heard this. Thanks for the memories! Love the guitar work in that song!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
isnt this copyrighted material? I thought this was not allowed on this site... And even knowingly past a forum moderator?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Nice thread. I'm a Rush geek so I don't need to listen to it. I can replay it in my head anytime I want. However, I will be listening to Clockwork Angels later today, which is an actual concept album unlike 2112 which is only a concept song.

Dave, Taylor and Nick did a pretty good job of covering the overture when Rush(finally) got inducted into the RNR Hall of Shame.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That was the album my cousin used to get me into Rush. Years later still a fan and have seen them in concert.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
well about once a month. maybe more.
and and far as accompaniment, yea. the best song for ATS is on side two Twlight Zone cuase sometimes it feels that way here.

i used the last three lines as a sig for about three years now.

edit on 24-6-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just last week!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Foo Fighters version, full of awesome -

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What day is it?
That said I'm a Canuck in his 50's. I grew up with this stuff.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
There are not many that cover Rush if at all. Anthrax does an awesome job, though the song it is not from 2112 it is from Fly By Night.

top topics

join