It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Shooter subdued by police near Greenville Walmart

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Interestingly, the police will not identify the suspect until tomorrow(Sunday), which has raised suspicions in the local area.

www.wcti12.com...
According to Police Chief Hassan Aden, the shooting that began at about 11:41 a.m. was random.
... Witnesses described the gunman as a black male in his 20s or 30s, with dreadlocks down to his shoulders.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Shooter IDed as Lakim Anthony Faust, 23

The shooting has left a number of unanswered questions, like what was the motive? The cops said the shooting was random, but there still has to be a motive. The shooter was also wearing all black clothing, which seems to be a uniform amongst these types of killers.

Another odd note was the casual, blase attitude of the shooter:

www.wcti12.com...
"I saw a guy, dressed in all black, walking down through our tent, and he had a shotgun just drawn out. He was just aiming and walking down. ...[The suspect] started casually walking the whole way. He was just walking like nothing's going on."

www.witn.com...
Deborah Harrell says she saw the suspect walk right by her salon, "He was walking right past the shop, like an ordinary thing, like he had done nothing wrong, like what he had done was ok. Like he was out of it. He wasn't trying to run after what he had done, he wasn't trying to hide."

Was he under the influence of something? Or a victim of mind control?

Once again the feds showed up, as they do in all these suspicious mass shooting events, despite it being a purely local crime:

www.reflector.com...
Agencies that responded include Alcohol Law Enforcement, Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, State Highway Patrol, Pitt County Sheriff’s Office, Greenville Fire-Rescue and others.

www.wnct.com...
The FBI and state agencies are assisting in the investigation.

/
edit on 23-6-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Thanks for the addition. It still doesn't make much sense. Another poster claimed he was upset at a judgement from a lawsuit. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Update:

The wounded:

Timothy Edwards, 64
Carroll Oakes, 70
Vernon Leggett, 69
Haywood Whichard Jr., 50

------------

The background of the suspect:

The suspect kept a very low profile. So low, one wonders if he even lived at the apartment that was supposed to be his residence:

www.witn.com...
Avignone lives in apartment 4, Faust was in 3. Since Avignone moved in, the two rarely interacted.
“In the period of the nine months, I only one day saw him twice. And that's when I was moving in and I had the door open. Other than that, I have never seen him before,” said Avignone

www.reflector.com...
The Hartford Street apartment’s window was shattered in the Friday search and boarded. Damaged blinds left hanging revealed clothes and trash on the floor of the living room and kitchen that were empty of furniture
Paul Avignone said, in the nine months he has lived at the apartments, he only saw his next-door neighbor once.
“He never went to the mailbox, didn’t seem to have a car, never went shopping,” he said.

The suspect did have a violent past, though in today's prosecution-happy America, this could have been him just taking a kitchen knife to a couple of bullies or gang members:

www.wcti12.com...
According to court records, Faust was previously charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder and two counts of attempted second degree murder for an incident that happened in Baltimore, Md. The charges were filed in November 2004, when Faust was 14 years old.

www.reflector.com...
His affidavit of indigency indicated he is not employed and receives between $600-$700 monthly from Social Security.

If Faust was judged to be mentally disabled, it means he would have been mentally 'treated' by a shrink at one point, a commonality amongst the young random-rage shooters. And it almost certainly means a history of taking SSRI anti-depressants.

/

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Yeah, tell me about it...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I cannot help but wonder, were the targets random, or was it their apparent age?

I hope we get more information from the shooter. Learning what makes him tick may help stop another one of these in the future.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The police chief said the targets were random.

If my hunch is correct, he will not be able to answer the question of why he did it, or he will not remember the act at all.

Also, look for him to have had contact with the military, at the very least with a recruiter. It is suspicious that we have no idea what this guy was doing for the last five years.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I wonder if any of that information will ever come to light?
These things usually are swept away once public outcry is over.

Since he didn't have an AR-15, it's not sensational news anyway.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

I'm a USAmerican, and I feel the same way. I can't understand the mentality it would take to actually point a gun at a person for any reason.

Unless, of course, it shoots water or marshmallows. I admit to being able to hold my own with those weapons.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There is a solid pro- 2nd Amendment bill winding its way through the North Carolina legislature right now, and then this shooting happens. Coincidence? Sure, it always is, isn't it? Just like a bill liberalizing concealed-carry was being debated in the Colorado legislature at the time of Columbine back in 1999.

www.reflector.com...
Pitt County’s sheriff is concerned a state firearms bill will limit his authority to deny handgun permits to people like the suspect in Friday’s shooting spree.
Neil Elks’ office on Aug. 29 denied a permit for Lakim Faust, the 23-year-old Greenville man charged with blasting away at four people with a shotgun in a busy shopping area.
A bill that has passed its third readings in the state House and Senate establishes uniform statewide requirements that eliminate local restrictions. House Bill 937, a major gun-rights bill, would deny permits primarily to felons and those with involuntary commitment history.

www.reflector.com...
There is the package advancing in the state Legislature that would not only allow concealed-carry permit holders to bring weapons to parks, bars, restaurants and college campuses, but would limit the reach of handgun permitting and shorten the time a convicted felon must wait before owning a gun from 20 years to 10 years. As a result, North Carolina will introduce more guns into more places and know less about the people who have them.

/

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join