It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Shooter subdued by police near Greenville Walmart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Report: Shooter subdued by police near Greenville Walmart

www.wral.com

GREENVILLE, N.C. — The public is being asked to avoid the area of the Walmart store at Hooker Road and Greenville Boulevard in Greenville where police are responding to reports of multiple people shot.

The precise number of victims and the nature of their injuries was not immediately clear. The incident ended just after 1 p.m. Police told WNCT that they had neutralized the shooter.

WNCT in Greenville reported up to three people shot in different locations, including a possible shooting inside the store.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was just speaking with one of my clients and she informed me that her son was eating at the Aplebees restaurant right across from the law firm.. His date called the Toys-R-Us to inform them that a gunman was heading towards their store. They immediately locked their doors and the shooter tried to gain entry. When he could not get into the Toy store, he ran towards the Wal Mart. The police caught the shooter behind the Wal-Mart and at this time it's unclear if he shot anyone inside the store, or in the parking lot.

I was told he had a rifle and a backpack. I do not know what type of rifle it was.

www.wral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Why the need for that?
The op is telling us what he/she saw and heard.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

subdued? They didn't kill him? Funny how they can shoot a 7 year old girl but not a gun wielding maniac.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Headline banner on CNN.com:

Four people have been shot by a gunman in Greenville, North Carolina, according to Mayor Allen Thomas.

ETA:

A gunman shot four people in Greenville, North Carolina, before being shot by police, Mayor Allen Thomas told CNN. Shortly before noon, the gunman approached and shot the four victims in a parking lot and on the street, Thomas said. Police then exchanged gunfire with the man in another parking lot, he said. The victims have been transported to a hospital. The condition of the suspect is unknown.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 21-6-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

subdued? They didn't kill him? Funny how they can shoot a 7 year old girl but not a gun wielding maniac.

Probably has something to do with the scenarios being nothing alike but I know it's just easier to arm chair LEO.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Part of me thinks it would be easier to just shoot the guy, but then you would have to speculate as to why he would do such a thing. With him alive, at least you might find that out. And then feed and cloth him for years, and years, and years.........I know the drill.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Greenville, NORTH CAROLINA! Why are there so many Greenvilles, it can be confusing at times.

I'm currently in Greenville, South Carolina, and I thought you meant a Walmart around here! I was about to hop in my car and drive home to Charleston, LOL JK.

Actually, Greenville NC isn't far from Greenville SC...good to know that at any given time, I'm never too far from a gun wielding maniac!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Shockingly, this is how Policing is SUPPOSED to work. If you can subdue without killing them, you should. The American attitude to Police shootings is pretty shocking, and this is a good example of it.

Police are not supposed to just kill anyone they suspect of being a murderer, your COURTS are supposed to assert guilt and issue punishment according to the law, but too many Americans seem to ignore that their police have now become judge, jury and executioner - this is why you have so many innocent people being murdered at the hands of men and women who should not be wearing any uniform

edit on 21-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

nothing to see move along this started at my cousins lw firm apparently over a insurance agency refusing to pay and accident victim and victim flipped out.
edit on 21-6-2013 by proteus33 because: (no reason given)

link   
Extremely sad indeed due to both the loss of life and evident instability of the gunman.

Lets not turn this into a false flag/gun rights thread though... sometimes crazy folk just pick up their gun and start shooting.

UK perspective, for what it's worth.

link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I totally agree with you. It's as if there is no protocol to follow anymore. Well, with no accountability what would one expect. Protocols go right out the window.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
also this town is a gigh crime zone in this side of state shootings in broad daylight at mall are not that infrequent. it is a college town that bends assend over backwards to please college kids and only available jobs for locals is servicing the college brats. so the local youth are very frustrated and act out violently.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33

nothing to see move along this started at my cousins lw firm apparently over a insurance agency refusing to pay and accident victim and victim flipped out.
edit on 21-6-2013 by proteus33 because: (no reason given)

It's such a shame that people cannot take the time to let their anger pass and figure out a real solution to the issue. Usually, the one's that get hurt have little to nothing to do with the core issue. At what point did human life become so insignificant?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus
Extremely sad indeed due to both the loss of life and evident instability of the gunman.

Lets not turn this into a false flag/gun rights thread though... sometimes crazy folk just pick up their gun and start shooting.

UK perspective, for what it's worth.

I have no intention of this being another gun rights debate. It's just news. Sad news for all involved unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
These shootings are becoming a monthly occurrence! It's a sad state of affairs in the U.S. ,when mentally disabled people are copying mass shootings. Whether they are mentally ill or not, I really think the thought of grander before being killed by the police is their wish. Leaving this plane of existence with their name and photo plastered on the nightly news is probably their way of gaining a screwed sense of celebrity status.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
How is this alternative news? All these copy and paste main stream stories in the section I enjoyed the most before signing up is quickly making me reconsider my membership here.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

Just out of curiosity, where should this have gone, and are you aware of the rules in posting in this forum?

Oh, and Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join