It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy: Pregnant Women and Children Should Eat More Seafood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Pregnant Women and Children Should Eat More Seafood

The Fish Site News
www.thefishsite.com...

NORWAY - NIFES is concerned that pregnant women eat less seafood than advised. The concern is based on scientific assessments in several different reports both nationally and internationally.

It is widely acknowledged that the positive health effects from consuming seafood for pregnant women is greater than the potentially harmful effects.

For example, the World Health Organization (WHO) together with FAO in 2011 calculated that fatty fish during pregnancy boosts the baby’s IQ by about five points, despite the fact that the fish also contain contaminants. Hence, they recommend pregnant women to consume seafood during pregnancy, especially for the sake of the child's brain development.

Studies from England reveal that children of mothers who consumed more than 340 grams of seafood a week, showed better verbal skills than children of mothers who consumed less seafood. This is partly due to the fact that the brain needs the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA to develop in a healthy and normal matter.

Nevertheless, the amount of contaminants young women ingest can affect the development of the child. Monitoring results from NIFES reaffirms that seafood from Norwegian waters are generally safe, with few exceptions. The food authorities has already given dietary advice regarding these exceptions.

Back in 2006 The Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM) concluded that the Norwegian population should eat more seafood. It is also recommended that children and pregnant women increase their intake of seafood.

Important for Mum

In addition, research shows that it is important for the mother herself to consume seafood during pregnancy. Mothers with low omega-3 levels during pregnancy are more likely to develop symptoms of postpartum depression. The main source of omega-3 in our diet is fatty fish such as salmon, trout, herring and mackerel.

Contaminant Levels Down in Farmed Salmon

The amount of sum dioxins and dioxin-like PCBs in farmed salmon have declined in recent years, and is currently lower than in mackerel and herring. For a person that weighs 70 kg, a dinner serving with farmed salmon (200g) will fill only 10 percent of the tolerable weekly intake (TWI) of dioxins and dioxin-like PCBs. This is considered to be low.

So they are talking about all of the benefits of eating seafood yet they fail to say anything about radiation from Fukushima.

This sort of news pisses me off. There is huge conspiracy to still cover up all the radiation leaks into our oceans to promote the fishery industry so they don't lose money.

In this case, the benefits are outweighed by the negatives...maybe not in this generation, but our future generations.

Here is where the conspiracy begins:

I started searching for headline articles which sidelined the fact Japanese fish are safe for eating.

So I decided to click on the link which was circled. This is what came up:

So what sort of propaganda is being pushed into the mainstream? This makes me sick...

On one side you have articles which talk about the benefits of eating seafood...and then you get articles stating it is safe to eat radioactive fish.

LISTEN TO ME CONSPIRATORS...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EATING RADIOACTIVE FISH!

May god protect the souls of people who fall for the misleading and lies from the fishing industry

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

which scientist say this? the ones working for Al Gore

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca

which scientist say this? the ones working for Al Gore

They are hiding the "scientist" names for a reason....so fingers aren't pointed at those "expert" government officials

Please note according to this quote from the original article of eating seafood

For example, the World Health Organization (WHO) together with FAO in 2011...

The Fukushima disaster occurred in 2011.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I want to add that most of my searches were used google search function.

Moreover, I tried to look up "radioactive fish in philippines"

Google results: 2 pages and no news articles relating to these search words. Try it yourself! You will find NOTHING using Google Search!

So I tried Yahoo.ca using these key words...this is what I found:

It is important to note that most of our canned fish comes imported from the Philippines into Canada.

I have not bought any seafood (canned or non-canned) since the disaster.

And neither should you!
edit on 21-6-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Don't forget the hopelessly ruined stocks of seafood still being pulled and sold out of the Gulf of Mexico. Deepwater Horizon's legacy will be a generational one since everyone figures the job is done after what can easily be seen is all done. Pay no mind to the countless square miles of bottom that is dead zone or oil/corexit contaminated trash now.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Don't forget the hopelessly ruined stocks of seafood still being pulled and sold out of the Gulf of Mexico. Deepwater Horizon's legacy will be a generational one since everyone figures the job is done after what can easily be seen is all done. Pay no mind to the countless square miles of bottom that is dead zone or oil/corexit contaminated trash now.

So really, unless the fish come from way south of the equator or hemishpere of Earth, there is no real fish that can be safe to eat as it is either nuked or oiled up with chemicals.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Thanks for showing the vast difference of "information" you find on google (gov't propaganda) and other search engines.

That's also why wikipedia should only be used for song lyrics and how old a celebrity is - meaningless things.

Eat more radiation! Be a good slave to the elites. They need damaged people.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Mercury anyone?

One of the most important foods to stay away from while you are pregnant would be certain types of seafood. Seafood is not only usually under cooked but it harbors many bacterias that can be deadly for your unborn baby. Seafood also contains traces of mercury that can be just as harmful to you as it is to your baby.
voices.yahoo.com...

The larger the fish, like Ahi and Swordfish, the more the mercury.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If we take out all the man made poisons. Seafood is probably the most healthy meat. Maybe they were coming from that angle.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Is this news funded by the fetal cancer and fetal abnormalities research groups or something? Eat more fish, they need more patients to study? What else did you think people were going to do with fish? Have more aquariums? Because there's probably evidence that says people who have aquariums raise smarter kids (on the basis that they know how to take care of small animals and their health)

Mercury was bad enough to be nervous about. There is petrochemical surfactant still in the Gulf of Mexico, and Fukushima black radiation particles stuck in the fish that aren't dead yet in the Pacific.

Maybe lake fish would be healthy. Some bass, some catfish (actually no catfish is risky too innit?), maybe trout, GMO salmon with pink coloring (oh wait a minute, that's not so great).

Sure this translates to some women eating more mcfish burgers instead of mcchicken ones, but this news is gimmick science to sell more fish, probably because fish isn't selling, or selling very cheap.

Aquariums for everybody!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Google results: 2 pages and no news articles relating to these search words. Try it yourself! You will find NOTHING using Google Search!

Works for me...I found plenty on first page.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
If we take out all the man made poisons. Seafood is probably the most healthy meat. Maybe they were coming from that angle.

Maybe non-farmed fresh lake fish.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You mean that seafood laced with mercury, ddt and pcb's?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Works for me...I found plenty on first page.

I should have mentioned I was using search function under "news" and not "search web" function...my miscommunication...should have clarified earlier.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well, I sure hope that they don't need to feed fish to pregnant children

Fish is good food, for most people. This article doesn't take into consideration radioactivity in some fish, it is just an article that states that fish is good for brain development. From everything I have read, uncontaminated fish is good for most people. If the fish contains high concentrations of metals it is not good either, same with radioactive fish. Fish from freshwater may not have quite as much iodine as sea fish.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

What?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What?

The title: Conspiracy: Pregnant Women and Children Should Eat More Seafood

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What?

The title: Conspiracy: Pregnant Women and Children Should Eat More Seafood

Hahaha...okay, I hear ya. I think the author maybe did that deliberately for subliminal messaging.

They should have stated it: Children and Pregnant Women....

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The article talks about Norway and England.

Both a large distance (and different ocean) than Fukushima and its radiation...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
The article talks about Norway and England.

Both a large distance (and different ocean) than Fukushima and its radiation...

You are forgetting the fact most countries are involved in export/import business. In North America most fish are contaminated either domestically or internationally, .yet beneficial disinformation is passed on to us through international means.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join