It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This agreement hands the sovereignty of our country over to corporate interests."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its an international treaty that's so secret, only one member of congress has been allowed to see it. Even the decision to make it Top Secret was classified as secret. What can be in this treaty that it has to be kept secret from congress and the American people?

According to the guy who read it, Congressman Alan Grayson;

Last month, 10,000 of us submitted comments to the United States Trade Representative (USTR), in which we objected to new so-called free trade agreements. We asked that the government not sell out our democracy to corporate interests.

Because of this pressure, the USTR finally let a member of Congress – little ole me, Alan Grayson [anyone who's seen Grayson in action knows that he is formidable] – actually see the text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). The TPP is a large, secret trade agreement that is being negotiated with many countries in East Asia and South America.

The TPP is nicknamed “NAFTA on steroids.” Now that I’ve read it, I can see why. I can’t tell you what’s in the agreement, because the U.S. Trade Representative calls it classified. But I can tell you two things about it.

1) There is no national security purpose in keeping this text secret.

2) This agreement hands the sovereignty of our country over to corporate interests.

3) What they can’t afford to tell the American public is that [the rest of this sentence is classified].

Alan Grayson

See also: Washington's blog

Apparently their main reason for keeping this secret is so the American people don't find out what's in it and skin them alive before they can shove this thing down our throats. Even Grayson's comments on what he read are being classified so we can't read them.

It looks like our government is finally ready to sell us all out to the corporate interests of the world and they're so scared we'll find out they're keeping the whole thing classifies Top Secret. Gotta love how our elected representatives really look out for us huh?

edit on 6/21/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
NAFTA was a huge mistake probably the biggest of the century. History repeats is self.....the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I know they cant be that stupid.........can they?

Probably just another trick to entice the economy to stay afloat another year or two, while bankers and major incorporation reap all the benefits.

S&F
edit on 21-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well, so much for thinking any change from Bush was a change at all. NAFTA and the rest was among the very worst things that man did to this nation in the long term. Free Trade is all benefit ...to OTHERS...and a big screwing to America. It has been since it happened and it continues to this very day.

We didn't get a new President. We got the same scumbag for a 3rd and 4th term with a different face and different style of speaking. Oh..and of course..we aren't even allowed to KNOW how badly we're being screwed anymore. It's too secret for us "little people" to even be aware of. THAT part is new....but nothing else is.

Are people ready to dump the partisan B.S. yet and join UNITED in the only way anything will ever change? Our numbers combined can NEVER be defeated. Our numbers fighting each other can NEVER win a thing. Our choice...and we have to make this soon. We have little left worth saving.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
One of the first signs of bad politicians and corruption is how you have to buy your self into politics. You have to go and spend millions of dollars to travel and debate. Where does those millions come from? The interests of business corporations and all sorts of people who SUPPORTED you campaign.

Wake up people, ALL of you. You have been had like Harry Houdini did to so many, the master of illusion.

We The People.....important words. We the people broke of from the British. Our founding fathers did that with their blood sweat and tears, over taxation and control. There was no other way to fight your battles, out numbered and only having the home advantage.

They prevailed to start a home where The People tell the the government what they want and dont want. The idea was that voting over specific topics would be done by OUR representatives, who are the voice OF the people.

The Senate

Democrats 52
Republicans 46
Independents 2
Total 100

The House of Representatives

Republicans 234
Democrats 201
Total 435

That's five hundred and thirty five people and one president that Hear out The Voice Of The People and act accordingly.

That is IMPOSSIBLE! Open your eyes. We need to be united toward a common cause.

We need to take back our land of the free and stop selling ourselves to major corporations.

A system of checks and balances, regulated by greed?

Yes Sir

edit on 21-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: addition

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I must ask the most obvious question, why tell just this guy?

Here is a little info on Alan from his wiki:

In 1991 he founded the law firm Grayson & Kubli, which concentrated on government contract law. He was a lecturer at the George Washington University government contracts program and a frequent speaker on the topic.[9] In the 2000s, he worked as a plaintiffs' attorney specializing in whistleblower fraud cases aimed at Iraq war contractors. One contractor, Custer Battles, employed individuals who were found guilty of making fraudulent statements and submitting fraudulent invoices on two contracts the company had with the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq.[12][13] On behalf of his clients, Grayson filed suit under the False Claims Act and its qui tam provisions.[12] The jury verdict was more than $13 million, which was upheld on appeal in April 2009. The case remains the only successful prosecution of those who profited illegally from the war in Iraq. The Iraq war contractor fraud case brought Grayson his first national attention.[14] In 2006, a Wall Street Journal reporter described Grayson as "waging a one-man war against contractor fraud in Iraq" and as a "fierce critic of the war in Iraq" whose car displayed bumper stickers such as "Bush lied, people died".[15]

Link

Did you get that? He's a known whistleblower. Why was a whistleblower given this information?

I fail to see exactly how this all fits together, but am certain this was meant to be leaked to the public. There's an agenda to .... incite a revolution in the US

Can someone help me make sense of this?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Surely there is someone on the inside of the govt rooting for us. Dropping info and hints along the way......guess someone was kept up at night.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Reread the OP.

Last month, 10,000 of us submitted comments to the United States Trade Representative (USTR), in which we objected to new so-called free trade agreements. We asked that the government not sell out our democracy to corporate interests.

Because of this pressure, the USTR finally let a member of Congress – little ole me, Alan Grayson [anyone who's seen Grayson in action knows that he is formidable] – actually see the text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).

This part makes it clear it wasn't "someone on the inside". It was the whole of the USTR. It makes no sense, unless it does. As in, this was meant to be leaked for an ulterior agenda to play out.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

No trade agreements made by our government should be allowed to be top secret or classified. The only member of congress allowed to read it is a known whistle blower- who is prevented from blowing the whistle due to the agreement being classified. Maybe this guy was chosen for the pure fact that they know he wont be able to keep the info to himself and will be waiting to imprison him as soon as he "spills" to someone, and maybe other members of congress who pass along the info he spills could also be imprisoned. Paranoid maybe, but what if it's an intricate plot to change the voting numbers in congress for something really big that may be coming? The idea is pretty "out there" but not beyond the realm of the possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

If I were a rep and exposed to info like this, there's no way I could keep from telling anyone who would listen. When the government does bad things, the info needs to get out. They probably ARE trying to set him up.

What's the point of letting him look at it and then telling him he can't tell anybody what he saw? They're shoving it in his face "We can do what we want and there's nothing you or anybody can do to stop us".

It seems the government has gone from classifying information for national defense reasons to classifying it because they don't want their own people mad at them. So much for the most transparent administration in history.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The TPP agreements are so outright fascist I have to wonder if it's real. Corporations in foreign lands will be under the laws of their native country? Imagine a Chinese corporation moving to the US, dumps tons of toxins in the local river. No problem! It's not a crime in China.
That;s just one example of many.
This is NAFTA on steroids (I think Grayson may have said that) and it's no exaggeration.
Can they be this brazen?
Do they think people are completely asleep and unwilling to act in their own defense?
Perhaps this is the contract version of the anal thermometer to see how much fuss the patient makes and whether they feel it at all)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You know with this now, and all the past debacles of our government...

I can't help but wonder - - -

Are they trying to incite American people to revolution? Is this the end game? Is that why DHS bought up all the ammunition...the irs training with rifles...building fences (is it really to keep them out or keep us in??) Is this why whistle blower after whistle blower is coming out of the woodwork?

Are we being set up for a major culling? I've a bad bad spidey tingle about all this, and everything else...
Wrap it all up and step back and really look... it seems to me - we are the target. Our debt is so out of control, the only thing left to do is divvy up the America pie to our debtors - but a culling would have to thin us out first. Make room for the new landlords.

Just an odd thought I hope is wrong and just paranoid musings...

Cirque

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This made me laugh.

Anyone believing this needs to take a long hard look at themselves, stop visiting sites like these for a while, and realize you are extremely gullible.

Alan Grayson is like a crazy version of Ron Paul. If what he says were true, there's no way they'd tell him.

Plus what he says is so ridiculous. There's this big bad thing but I can't tell you about it because it's classified, and I'm the only senator they told? Not even knowing who he is, you guys believe that?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wehavenoclue

Can someone help me make sense of this?

He's lying to get publicity and rile up his supporters.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Curious. Do you know of this man, or are you just trolling?

Take a look at his record. He seems genuine from what I can tell.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wehavenoclue

yes, when I first started learning about the Federal Reserve, I saw some videos of him talking about the federal reserve. I actually really liked what he said....
but then I kept watching him through the years and he was just not the same.

I think he's just doing it for publicity sake. Because really....after criticizing the federal reserve, why in the hell would the corporations associated with the fed choose him of all people to give this top secret info?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Stories about this treaty have been floating around for quite some time. Everybody thinks it will be a disaster for the US economy.

Obama’s Super Secret Treaty Which Will Push The Deindustrialization Of America Into Overdrive

Did you know that Barack Obama has been secretly negotiating the most important trade agreement since the formation of the World Trade Organization? Did you know that this agreement will impose very strict Internet copyright rules, ban all "Buy American" laws, give Wall Street banks much more freedom to trade risky derivatives and force even more domestic manufacturing offshore? If you have not heard about this treaty, don't feel bad. Obama has refused to even give Congress a copy of the draft agreement and he has banned members of Congress from attending the negotiations. The plan is to keep this treaty secret until the very last minute and then to railroad it through Congress and have it signed into law by October. The treaty is known as "the Trans-Pacific Partnership", and the nations that are reported to be involved in the development of this treaty include the United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Peru, Brunei, Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia. Opponents of this treaty refer to it as "the NAFTA of the Pacific", and if it is enacted it will push the deindustrialization of America into overdrive.

The economic collapse

See also: ATS Thread: the Trans-Pacific Partnership

It kinda makes sense to me to reveal this to Grayson. The whole treaty is classified and he would be breaking the law to reveal what he knows about it. Now that he's actually seen and read it, any info that leaks out about it can be blamed on him and it can be used to remove him from office or to send him off to jail.

It was a brilliant move to silence their worst critic.

edit on 6/22/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by FortAnthem

No trade agreements made by our government should be allowed to be top secret or classified. The only member of congress allowed to read it is a known whistle blower- who is prevented from blowing the whistle due to the agreement being classified. Maybe this guy was chosen for the pure fact that they know he wont be able to keep the info to himself and will be waiting to imprison him as soon as he "spills" to someone, and maybe other members of congress who pass along the info he spills could also be imprisoned. Paranoid maybe, but what if it's an intricate plot to change the voting numbers in congress for something really big that may be coming? The idea is pretty "out there" but not beyond the realm of the possible.

Look up the Lima Declaration of 1975

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Okay, I looked it up. from what I can tell everything in the declaration is just a recommendation or a suggestion and not a legally binding agreement, so how does that pertain to the Trans-Pacific Partnership being some big, classified secret that the American public isn't allowed to know the details of? Unless you're suggesting it's part of the NWO agenda- which seems highly likely.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, so much for thinking any change from Bush was a change at all. NAFTA and the rest was among the very worst things that man did to this nation in the long term. Free Trade is all benefit ...to OTHERS...and a big screwing to America. It has been since it happened and it continues to this very day.

We didn't get a new President. We got the same scumbag for a 3rd and 4th term with a different face and different style of speaking. Oh..and of course..we aren't even allowed to KNOW how badly we're being screwed anymore. It's too secret for us "little people" to even be aware of. THAT part is new....but nothing else is.

Are people ready to dump the partisan B.S. yet and join UNITED in the only way anything will ever change? Our numbers combined can NEVER be defeated. Our numbers fighting each other can NEVER win a thing. Our choice...and we have to make this soon. We have little left worth saving.

NAFTA happened under Clinton, not Bush not that it matters because its the plan.

Clinton also repealed the glass stegal act at the end of his administration opening the doors for wallstreet to gut the public mortgage market.

Bush was no better than Clinton but it was really Cheney running the show as we all know.
He had his own agenda and began to seriously erode our constitutional rights after 911.

Now Obama has really stepped up the pace of the program.

I think TPTB knew he could drive the country into the ground faster than Hillary and why she was asked to step down as a candidate in 2008 and why he was re-elected in 2012. Only in now corrupt Amerika could we end up with an a$$hole like this for two terms just so he can finish his handy work. They are all evil and all corrupt and all criminals as far as I am concerned. The mafia has a stronger code of ethics than these goons, more loyalty and are more patriotic for sure.

This plan of what is happening now has been int he works for a long time.

Eisenhower tried to warn us in 1961.

Amerika is obviously and sadly turning into a Police state run by wanna be fascist dictator who is in turn run by elite shadow people and god knows who they really are of what the end game is to be.

edit on 22-6-2013 by fishy6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this. NAFTA was, and still is, a huge boondoggle for BIG BUSINESS. The collective hive mentality of the corporate person that is greed, rape and destruction is about to win another one.

Thank you Alan Grayson.... Is there anyway to stop this. Thank you to all the BIG BUSINESS stooges for bending over one more time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join