It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama called "war criminal" & "hypocrite of the century" in Irish Parliament

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I thought a few on here might appreciate this. Apologies if it's been posted before, if so please delete.

Clare Daly in the Irish Parliament on Obama's recent visit.

www.rte.ie...

She asked if Barack Obama was going for the "Hypocrite of the Century" award when telling children in Belfast that if they opted for peace they would have the US acting as the wind at their back, while at the same time talking about arming Syrian rebels.

Not quite as good as Farage on a rant, but she's close.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Well that kinda hurts, doesn't it? See how much US Aid Ireland gets next year. lol.... I guess Obama really really shouldn't have made that crack about Catholic schooling in a nation where 88 % identify as Catholic. Seems he really tended to piss them off pretty deep, by my observation.

I really need to dig up the full transcript of his speech, huh? Seems he stepped in it more than once by the sound of this. Thanks for the catch and thread on this. I wasn't going to dig up and read the whole word for word...but now it sounds like I ought to after all. (Wind at their backs? Is that wind or the jet wash from a cruise missile up their keester?)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I like her....she speaks well and tells it like it is.

While Obama arms the rebels, and the Taliban are at the G8 talks, well all i can say is someone better be watching the back door. To me is feels like the Taliban are backed into a corner in Syria and now they are using the talks do divert attention to the fact that they are no longer in Syria anymore.

I need to get out more.
edit on 21-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
"Hypocrite of the century" is a very fitting term for him.

I don't know about "war criminal" though. And I'm one who opposes all wars. War crimes are very specific breaches of international rules, and I can't think of anything he's done that technically breaches them.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They must have him confused with someone.
Everyone knows that he won a Nobel Peace Price for...... hmmmm, what was that now?
Oh well, it was something he did when he was a jr US Senator from Illinois. It must have been, he won the prize right after he took office as POTUS.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I sure can and I can think of it in very specific terms for a case too. The practice of a follow up shot from drones to a primary target that's already been hit. The follow-up shot comes as first responders arrive to render aid to those who are down. It's absolutely no different than an enemy on the battlefield deliberately wounding a man in the open by sniper fire and then patiently shooting every non-combatant that comes to give help to the moaning or screaming casualty.

So, there actually are some very specific things that I think would stand fine in court to charge beyond the blanket term of 'he made war so he's a war criminal'. That doesn't hold enough water to fill a dixie cup and I do agree there.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You've got to love the Irish, they're a people who aren't really known for beating around the bush.

Why? Because the Irish have been bullied by local imperialism for about 800 years now.

Thank-you so much Ireland, for calling Obama out on his two-faced lying ways.

The truth hurts, don't it Obama?

F.T.G.

edit on 21-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I think she's my new heroine for asking about what he was intending to do to prevent Shannon's being used to ferry arms to Syria. That was specific and direct.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
13 years into the century aint sayin much.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Ghost375

I sure can and I can think of it in very specific terms for a case too. The practice of a follow up shot from drones to a primary target that's already been hit. The follow-up shot comes as first responders arrive to render aid to those who are down. It's absolutely no different than an enemy on the battlefield deliberately wounding a man in the open by sniper fire and then patiently shooting every non-combatant that comes to give help to the moaning or screaming casualty.

So, there actually are some very specific things that I think would stand fine in court to charge beyond the blanket term of 'he made war so he's a war criminal'. That doesn't hold enough water to fill a dixie cup and I do agree there.

The USA military does that?!?!??! Thanks fo shareing i never knew that. As useall you bring intresting stuff in.

Im sure the uk no better. If the USA doing then us brits are normly trying to copy or cheering on.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
She's right.

Irish who have kissed the Blarney Stone (as I have), have the gift of gab. She probably has it too, from the same source.

Americans smashed the records of the Beatles when John Lennon said they were more popular than Jesus, but they aren't tossing out their iPhones when they find that Apple Corp. is sheltering billions of dollars offshore in a tax haven.

I wish more people in government around the world were as honest as this lady from Ireland. We might have a real dialogue in the world about real problems, instead of the daily diet of propaganda.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I don't know about "war criminal" though. And I'm one who opposes all wars. War crimes are very specific breaches of international rules, and I can't think of anything he's done that technically breaches them.

I agree with you man..War crimes is absurd when the terrroist we take out also have commited genocide and war crimes. " Hypocrite of the century" fits Obama well.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You've got to love the Irish, they're a people who aren't really known for beating around the bush. Why? Because the Irish have been bullied by local imperialism for about 800 years now.
reply to post by seasoul

Is that a typo? The Lisbon Treaty wasn't that long ago...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What i find interesting, is that a man can receive a Nobel Peace Prize for funding terrorism. She may be on to something.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

The Truth sounds like Music to my Ears. Even if the sound of the truth is a whisper among loud Lies that fill our boxes & screens everyday. She showed how they maintain these lies. If the Media is acting like theres nothing to worry about or portraying Bad people as Good people, they viewers will believe that this is reality. The reality is that MSM is a Stage Show. Propaganda at it's best, misdirection at it's best. The psychi of a society & how to make them react, is a long studied program that the U.S has perfected. We should march on msm instead of Washington. They the ones who allow the corruption to unchecked & intentionally mislead us on issues that seriously Affect our Lives and our Country.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Is that a typo? The Lisbon Treaty wasn't that long ago...

The first British colonization -- "In the struggle for supreme power one of the local kings in Ireland calls for help among the Norman kings in England in 1169. The Normans, however, stay in Ireland and the British colonization of Ireland, which was to last four centuries, starts.... This is the beginning of the Anglo-Irish conflict, which was to shape Irish history in the following centuries up until today."

source : www.ha-ka.dk...
edit on 21-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ImagineAlldaPeople

The media is mostly to blame so Instead of marching on them I just don't endorse them. People will stop watching as more alternative and frank sources come about. The only reason to watch is to listen to more rhetoric from politicians and once you know that game you can assign one out of 10,000 to watch it and report the important stuff.

If all politicians could be like her we likely wouldn't have the problems we do - tell it like it is. It must be liberating to cut through the BS, and exhausting to always be putting up smoke screens like they do In the US.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I can...
Afgan women and children getting "droned" while getting fresh water from a tanker truck.
As usual, your deflection attempt quite apparent.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Granite because: sp

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This woman makes me proud to be part Irish.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Didn't you know that is the way you achieve peace? You just blow your enemies out of the water then you have peace. Only problem is he is making more enemies than he had to begin with. If my calculations are correct it is some where close to 50% of the population, and that's just in the U.S.!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join