It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS A Freemasony Front? No wonder good posts go un-noticed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by southofheaven

Sadly our beloved ATS is very much understaffed. We have a couple of dozen moderators to monitor thousands of posts a day. Some posts may slip through the cracks and some things may be preemptively deleted. If you see something the breaks the T&C report it. If you see something you feel has been unjustly deleted try to get in touch with a mod. There are systems in place. Unfortunately sometimes these systems fail. The staff here is only human but they do the best they can. If you want to see true abuse of power when it comes to moderation spend some time on GLP. There are plenty of people who are banned on there simply for linking to there from ATS.

In regards to the PRISM petition, ATS took no official stance on SOPA or CISPA either. However they didn't stop discussion of these issues. I think it's safe to say that in these instances even though no direct links were allowed every member knew where they could go to voice their opinion. Pretty much if you found ATS in the first place you should have no problem finding a petition that has been mentioned in a thread. Even then if you're having trouble there's nothing stopping you from sending a U2U to the OP and getting the link from them.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Psych3d3licPsych3

While anon did start as you described to ignore the political clout and street cred it has gained in front circles is our naivite. There is now very much an official core group of anons with a very set agenda and these are the ones coordinating the ops you hear about in the news. However, because of this increase in legitimacy there are those out there using the anon brand to add weight to their claims. The video posted previously is a perfect example of this. The one posting it is not of the same group that hacked financial institutions and government agencies. It is merely someone with beef against ATS and they know by tying their claims to the anon brand it will come off as seeming more legitimate than simply the rantings of a bitter individual.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You know, I completely agree with you. I have been to glp before. It was short lived, however I do feel that the small number of moderators you referred to leaves room for the "good ole boys" network to be established. Which is wrong and completely against the free spirit of this community. Simple solution, make more moderators. It should be a certain percentage of the user base for fairness.

I also agree that the petition could be easily searched, but that isn't my point. There comes a time when people have to take a stand against certain things. That is my point. Or more precisely, if the leadership of ats feels as though it puts them out to link to a petition that is about protecting them, what happens when the whole thing falls through? What could we as a community have done to help protect our freedoms? If we are not standing behind the motions meant to protect our freedoms (to enjoy these type of discussions) then are we not guilty by inaction and complacency?

Remember that many standing together make a much more formidable opponent than the individual. By the way, I think our discussion is getting lengthy and beyond the scope of the thread, feel free to pm me to continue. I enjoy your apparent intellect.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Every member on ATS...runs ATS to a very large extent.

more like the sycophantic mods who simply tow the line for a pat on the head now and then

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

If your posts goes unnoticed it is not due to an ambiguous "them" but due more to the fact that it contains no content and is not slightly stimulating.

You could have provided examples and actually built a case. But I think you didn't do this because it is merely your opinion and there is no case. I could be wrong. If I am I would love to see you prove your point.

In Humanity,
Daniel

Well... I've already spent enough time on the internet to come to the conclusion this website is run by Freemasonry I don't need to spend any more time gathering clues, posts, links, and so on and so forth........ It was a simple observation piecing things together and it seems I'm not the only one who thinks so.

yes, but just because YOU see it, doesn't mean EVERYONE sees it....

the thing of it is, you can vocalize, or put to words every single observation you make, but without explaining the observation, and showing the people you're talking to HOW you came to the conclusion, and what information led you in what directions, vocalizing, or putting the observation to words is a completely worthless gesture on your part...at that point, it's no longer a valid observation, it is an opinion, and yours is no more valid than anyone else's..

do you see where i'm coming from on this?

if you've got a theory, and you research it, and you follow the evidence, and you find that your initial theory was correct....well, then you've got a case...so long as you haven't twisted the evidence to fit the theory..
edit on 22-6-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

If you don't like the way the site is operated then it is certainly within your right to leave. The ATS staff does the best they can. There are probably a couple dozen active staff members. In comparison there are over 200,000 members and around 5,000 new posts a day. This is not an easy job and they all do it voluntarily. Every mod and super mod started off as a normal member on here. They don't get paid to help make sure this site runs as smoothly as possible. They simply do it because they love the site and the community. I personally think the job the mods do on here is amazing and I think each one of them deserves a round of applause.

As I said above, if you think ATS' staff is despotic and agenda driven I suggest you check out some of the other major conspiracy sites out there, On many of them if you post anything that goes against the opinion of the staff you will be banned. Anybody that thinks ATS' staff is bad I have a challenge for you. Go to GLP and post a topic similar to this one. Except instead of being about ATS make it about Trinity. After that report back here with how long it took for your account to be banned and your IP blocked.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

settle down. I've obviously decided to put up with it

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The Freemasons have had to start advertising to recruit more members as their organization is in decline. They obviously aren't running ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Whatza matter people? Can't we accept a challenge? If I've learned nothing else over the past 30 years of investigation and inquiry, it is to question everything. Whether or not ATS is any kind of "front" for any of the alphabet agencies is irrelevant to me.

Use some of the information we have gleaned from ATS along with other information outlets, a good dose of common sense and a coherent thought process; then decide for yourself what the truth of the matter is. Come to your conclusion, adapt to it and then have fun with whatever is put before you. Use your brain, figure it out.

Everything in life doesn't come neatly wrapped, with the ingredients plainly listed on the outside. Again, use your brain, then decide. But if you feel duped, you did it to yourself. Use your brain or your mouse click.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I will tell you guys this.....ATS is LIGHT YEARS ahead of certain "other" conspiracy sites....in terms of unbias, reasonable mods, who aren't out to promote THEIR agenda.

There is a VERY well known and well visited conspiracy site that starts with with a G, has a letter in the middle, and ends with a P. No, it isn't GAP. Well anyway.....that site is about as corrupt as can be. Spyware automatically installed on your comp.....the mods personally ban people all the time, to try and force them to pay monthly (and thus avoid bans)......and the moderators are CONSTANTLY promoting pro-Israel, pro-Zionist, pro-Racism, pro-Conservative, Anti-Obama, Anti-Occupy Wall street, agendas all across the board.

They even suggested to their members that Occupy movement should be infiltrated by members of the board. I kid you not, I personally saw the site owner with my own EYES make a thread about that. Right after he made a thread saying he would BAN anyone who wasn't against Occupy Wall street (He actually created a poll to find out who was For occupy, and banned them all).

ATS is a godsend compared to a hellhole like that.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

That's what they want you to think, so they can put on the news that they have arrested anonymous members haha as I said there are more devoted anons but there is no official group with official members, there are obviously certain anons making the videos but they just do it to spread the word as they have the video editing knowledge that not everyone has but even then there are discussions on the anon IRCs about the ops before the videos are made and everyone on the IRCs can participate in the discussion so really anyone can be part of that group. That's what makes them so powerful, you cant beat anyone and everyone...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Some one is doing it!
but IF I or you say.
you will get deleted....

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm surprised this thread is going.

Seems like "free speech" is alive and well on ATS !

Back to being "controlled" by my Masters..................

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
With my time here I can see the issues presented by the OP, those that agree that this is a front (why you picked masons.. well) the mods, and the owners, plus the die hard members here that will not stand for such accusations.

I have participated in rants about the quality (member threads) out of frustration in the past, and can say that I have decided that I would start threads that I thought I would like to see here. There was only one time that I had a full on disagreement with thread content (with a mod I have rarely ever seen here) that I posted, and while repeated attempts to get it clarified, it was to no avail.

Most long standing members in my opinion are considerate of material, and the place that they can call home, but I can also see how certain rules, yes are needed, that sometimes we have to be careful who we give certain powers too.

Mods, and owners are still people. That means that we should have a certain type of transparency. The biggest grip here is that many do not understand or long for an answer concerning banned members. Especially those that are huge contributors.

Members of a free website, have to know that all rules here will need to be followed, especially if we have the option to leave (No one is holding you hostage). The same way that owners have to be prepared that with more members, more conflict, and of course there will need to be more moderators.

Since I am a free member here, and here is place that we can share opinions, I would like to say this, If possibly we can have the ignore button back, and maybe a wider range of either mods (not because the ones that are here arent doing there job, but its not fair for them to deal with all of this in such small numbers) or threads that are moved to skunkworks or deleted, be viewed by more than one mod, so that this isnt a one man/woman issue, that there can be more than one opinion used to make decisions on things that mean something the person that wrote it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

While I'm not a mod but I was under he impression that all threads that were at least being considered for deletion had to be presented to the other mods (same goes for banning members). I may be wrong but O seem to remember it being discussed on here at some point in my tenure.

When it comes to the number of mods it is a tricky proposition. More mods are definitely needed. I think everyone can agree with that sentiment. The reason ATS works though is because the staff is carefully selected. Unfortunately in the past we have had mods who let their power go to their head. The higher ups seek to prevent this from happening again and as a result only the most trustworthy members are offered a place on the staff. Even then I bet many decline the offer since it is unpaid, time consuming, and in many ways thankless.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Mods, and owners are still people.

Its all a Conspiracy !

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well that sucks.
I didn't even get an apron.
Or a water buffalo hat.
Ima get sloshed with Barney now and try to forget I'm working for the PTB..

edit on 22-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think it ultimately comes down to what a deal of posters said at the very start, the OP really needs to offer some kind of evidence of what the OP is hinting at, and is really obliged to do that
That would include any serial kind of disadvantaging of particular members, their posts, be it by modulation or a elitist strategy, or technical interference and trending. That will take a while, if ever.

The thing is, the OP itself could well the product of an agenda of some sort. It's not a democracy here, so there is no point whinging about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Well that sucks.
I didn't even get an apron.
Or a water buffalo hat.
Ima get sloshed with Barney now and try to forget I'm working for the PTB..

Ironic that this thread is getting the response that the OP clearly states is missing on ATS, hey?

The soapbox is only needed for short people, like Barney !

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Mods don't get compensated?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join