It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why in some religions people are not allowed to eat pork?Is it because they are indoctrinated by th

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's a bit silly. Billions of people smoke also, doesn't make it any less unhealthy. Lol
So what I understand is that between pork and smoking exist a relation of which I never heard of.

Agreed, topic is about pork and religion. Smoking isn't frowned upon in the old books. Think the books assumed people would never over consume such stuff until a point that it caused a issue. They figured people had sense. Disclaimer, the old books I am referring too didn't reference any genie's.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Agreed, topic is about pork and religion. Smoking isn't frowned upon in the old books. Think the books assumed people would never over consume such stuff until a point that it caused a issue. They figured people had sense. Disclaimer, the old books I am referring too didn't reference any genie's.
Well my friend this way we can prove that they can do anything just to impose their pervert religion,for them doesn't matter the costs or how much they lie.....without valid arguments ofcourse.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

That's a bit silly. Billions of people smoke also, doesn't make it any less unhealthy. Lol
So what I understand is that between pork and smoking exist a relation of which I never heard of.

No, I used a reductio ad absurdum to show that your earlier argument was absurd. Simply because a great number of people partake of a product doesn't make said product more or less unhealthy. So it's irrelevant that billions of people eat pork. It's still unhealthy.
edit on 26-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So it's irrelevant that billions of people eat pork. It's still unhealthy. edit on 26-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)
So it's relevant that few millions are forced by Religion and religious people not eat pork.

Sorry but that is fuzzy.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I know and to think we have always had free will.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by billdadobbie

oink oink mushrooms keep them in the dark and feed them on sxxt
Sorry but I do not understand,can you explain further?

ever watch a programme called monkey on the devil box .

it was about a monkey /pig/fish/horse /dragon who travelled around together ?? think about it

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I know and to think we have always had free will.
Not any more these days,because of many factors,including this crisis and what has brought with it,the sharpening of the dogma....
edit on 26-6-2013 by piequal3because14 because: more

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

it was about a monkey /pig/fish/horse /dragon who travelled around together ?? think about it

Sorry but I didn't watch any TV program of that kind because I don't watch TV ever.

But please explain further.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Sorry but I didn't watch any TV program of that kind because I don't watch TV ever.

But please explain further.

Thank you try youtube it is on that

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Doesn't matter to me what you believe.

Then why post it on the internet on the first place?

You did it to give credence to the superstitious twaddle you're promoting. You thought people would give more credence to it if you made yourself look like an authority with a qualification.

You can pour Coca-Cola over any part of a dead pig you like. It won't bring worms squirming out of the flesh.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Doesn't matter to me what you believe.

Then why post it on the internet on the first place?

Just a statement of fact. Executive chefs have a fair amount of education on the health risks of various foods and preservatives. Now, whether or not you believe my field of expertise or not is irrelevant to me.

You did it to give credence to the superstitious twaddle you're promoting. You thought people would give more credence to it if you made yourself look like an authority with a qualification.

I don't need to make myself look like anything. I was an executive chef for over a decade. That was my profession. Take it or leave out, I won't lose any sleep. I have done the same experiment to show kitchen staff numerous times. Mainly to hammer home the fact that pork as well as chicken are major threats to food borne illness in a kitchen.

You can pour Coca-Cola over any part of a dead pig you like. It won't bring worms squirming out of the flesh.

That's certainly not true. The parasites are especially prevelant in the fatty subcutaneous tissue on the belly of the pig.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

So it's irrelevant that billions of people eat pork. It's still unhealthy. edit on 26-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)
So it's relevant that few millions are forced by Religion and religious people not eat pork.

Sorry but that is fuzzy.

Of course it's fuzzy, it's a non sequitur. It was your argument that billions of people eat pork, not mine.

Pork would be unhealthy if no religion existed. Religion doesn't make pork unhealthy, genetics does.
edit on 26-6-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I said:

You replied:

Executive chefs have a fair amount of education on the health risks of various foods and preservatives. Now, whether or not you believe my field of expertise or not is irrelevant to me.

I think you just made my point for me. Thanks.

Strange that an 'executive chef' has never heard of pork marinated in Coca-Cola:
Coca-Cola pulled pork

Very popular in the Philippines.

edit on 27/6/13 by Astyanax because: of pulled pork.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Of course it's fuzzy, it's a non sequitur. It was your argument that billions of people eat pork, not mine.

It was your argument that billions of people eat pork, not mine.
Do you have a Führer,or are you a Führer?

Because only the Führer use to say that millions should do things against billions.

Then for sure you like the Führer,and you people have one.

Because history tends to reverse always...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Pork would be unhealthy if no religion existed. Religion doesn't make pork unhealthy, genetics does.
So,if no religion existed pork would be unhealthy,but is not the religion who makes the pork unhealthy but genetics do.

Are you at kindergarten?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You kinda had a run-on there. Would you be a bit more concise please? I'm not sure what you're struggling with. Pork is unhealthy independent of any religion.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Bro, what are you going on about? You attempted to counter an argument I made by responding with the "billions of people" remark. The number of people who partake of a food or commodity is irrelevant to it's health risk or benefit.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I was trained in classic French and American cuisines, not Asian.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

You kinda had a run-on there. Would you be a bit more concise please? I'm not sure what you're struggling with. Pork is unhealthy independent of any religion.
Nope,because if so billions wouldn't consume it.

And this is the truth.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Bro, what are you going on about? You attempted to counter an argument I made by responding with the "billions of people" remark. The number of people who partake of a food or commodity is irrelevant to it's health risk or benefit.
Jawohl Mein Fuhrer

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join