It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why in some religions people are not allowed to eat pork?Is it because they are indoctrinated by th

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
It is a cleanliness thing. Improperly prepared pork can get you sick, as well as the fact that they can spread various influenza's to humans fairly easily. Pork isn't the only food item on the prohibited list either, shellfish is right up there because again improperly prepared consuming them can be fatal. Basically it was observational science for a fledgling nation that could ill afford having people die off in significant numbers because of what they ate.

Indeed pork and shellfish can give bird flu and has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Pork is unclean and very unhealthy. That was the reason why.
And now days?

Still unhealthy.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by purplemer

Okay,and what it has to do with religion?

You mean that pork is bad for coke,therefore is bad for humans?

No, the acid in the coke brings the worms out of the pork. It's just showing you the parasites that live in pork flesh.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by purplemer

Okay,and what it has to do with religion?

You mean that pork is bad for coke,therefore is bad for humans?

No, the acid in the coke brings the worms out of the pork. It's just showing you the parasites that live in pork flesh.

The soda thing is fake. Don't believe everything on the net.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Well, I might explain to you that I'm an executive chef by trade and am quite familiar with the same experiment.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Fiddlesticks

I don't believe you're an executive chef, either, by the way.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Still unhealthy.
Then why billions of people eat pork?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

You mean they live in the pork flesh like day to day life?

Well then this would mean that all those billions which eat pork should be dead by now.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Well if humanity continues in this sustained direction, it will indeed become the barbaric reality you speak of. Cannibalism, and eating every type of animal would become the norm as well in your future scenario. As the oceans are contaminated and depleted, the growing populations are venturing out to find other food sources, so yes unless big changes begin to balance our current state, I will have to agree with you.

Let us hope that humanity takes another direction.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Oh wow, thank you for that interpretation of me.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It's because pork is very dangerous to eat without proper refrigeration, and it also transfers disease over really easily. There are also some guidance about mold and mildew etc. Part of those laws in Leviticus are about general safety rules that people wouldn't realize until later generations. The rest of the "religions" copied the whole pork thing to try and seem legit.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by honested3

It's because pork is very dangerous to eat without proper refrigeration, and it also transfers disease over really easily. There are also some guidance about mold and mildew etc. Part of those laws in Leviticus are about general safety rules that people wouldn't realize until later generations. The rest of the "religions" copied the whole pork thing to try and seem legit.
So,the religion(s) still dictates.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Let us hope that humanity takes another direction.
By the way things are heading to,hard to say....

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Fiddlesticks

I don't believe you're an executive chef, either, by the way.

Doesn't matter to me what you believe. And when I did the experiment for people I would always use the fat under the skin from the belly of the pig. It's much more disgusting than a chop or tenderloin.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Still unhealthy.
Then why billions of people eat pork?

That's a bit silly. Billions of people smoke also, doesn't make it any less unhealthy. Lol

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

You mean they live in the pork flesh like day to day life?

Well then this would mean that all those billions which eat pork should be dead by now.

No, they are not fatal parasites. But prolonged pork intake or undercooked pork is a health hazard.

It's not a healthy protein choice. Do you work for the pork industry or something?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

ever wonder why they use pig organs in transplants ??? oink oink mushrooms keep them in the dark and feed them on sxxt

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

That's a bit silly. Billions of people smoke also, doesn't make it any less unhealthy. Lol
So what I understand is that between pork and smoking exist a relation of which I never heard of.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by honested3

I have no problem calling BS on this. Refrigeration has nothing to do with this. Visit a Haraam butcher. Much salted & cured pork products. Little Halal meats being salted and cured at the Haraam butcher.

Old school bacon slabs - much mold and funk on them. A simple soda and vinegar warsh would clean it up before you sliced it up for morning meal.

More disease is passed on to humans through hygiene rather than pork. Even now, there is fecal matter under your fingernails. In modern times, we are more likely to get sick off of bad water than pork.

I'd post links n stuff, but we all can Google. The last part about Leviticus, no idea. Sounds legit though.

I think people are told to stay away from pork because it was the norm. The same people have no misgivings on eating shellfish or catfish even (skin instead of scales). Just like humans, they'll pick and choose what they want to follow. Those same people will also invent a reason they are correct when the books state otherwise.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

oink oink mushrooms keep them in the dark and feed them on sxxt
Sorry but I do not understand,can you explain further?

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join