It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why in some religions people are not allowed to eat pork?Is it because they are indoctrinated by th

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by magma
In the days when the rules were made up they had no refrigeration.

Something to ponder

I think it was more for health reasons, like oh say, parasites and because pigs don't sweat so they have no way to release the toxic waste build up in their bodies. That and pigs are some of the nastiest animals on the earth, they will literally eat anything, even excrement.

Pigs are actually extremely clean animals.

Psh yeah right. Dude I used to raise hogs when I was a kid, we had our own farm. They will eat anything, snakes, dead animals, dead people. Real omnivores there. I could never find anything they wouldn't eat except metal.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

So the question is,is the religion the cause of the wars?Because religions has brought discrimination in all the aspects of life including food?

First, let's bear in mind that pork is not the only food that was forbidden over three thousand years ago and then later still during the 10th century by various (meaning more than one) faith. Shellfish were also on the no-no list and one only needs to understand what we know today, about cooking, to grasp why this may be.

Of course, in India, beef is the verboten meat. Please do note this for future reference.

As for religion itself? It is a concept of deity that is administered by human beings to human beings. So, given for one split second that a god exists, it is still people who administer the concept to the faithful. In fact, if god (or God, or G-d, whatever) does NOT exist, the entire thing is a human endeavor and like politics, it can be abused.

In sum... don't blame deity for what man does to man and then, don't neglect to avoid stereotyping. Not ALL of ANY faith are the same. We're all individuals.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

In sum... don't blame deity for what man does to man and then, don't neglect to avoid stereotyping. Not ALL of ANY faith are the same. We're all individuals.
I never blame the deity,I blame the diet.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Pork is unclean and very unhealthy. That was the reason why.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Pork is unclean and very unhealthy. That was the reason why.
And now days?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A long time ago some people got nutritional advise that helped insure thier wellness...avoiding pork and possible trichinosis food poisoning could have saved thousands of lives resulting in possibly millions of offspring surviving thus far could be a good thing. ...why turn your back on good advise?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

A long time ago some people got nutritional advise that helped insure thier wellness...avoiding pork and possible trichinosis food poisoning could have saved thousands of lives resulting in possibly millions of offspring surviving thus far could be a good thing. ...why turn your back on good advise?
And now days,tell me what is the reason,of which they are not allowed to eat pork.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Okay,and what it has to do with religion?

You mean that pork is bad for coke,therefore is bad for humans?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

Okay,and what it has to do with religion?

You mean that pork is bad for coke,therefore is bad for humans?

I showed the video to demonstrate why people in the past never ate pork. It was considered unclean because the worms got into people..

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

If you are truly conscious, you simply cannot eat flesh. Children are indoctrinated to eat flesh, they by nature do not wish to take that death energy into their bodies. But survival takes over and they do it to gain the praise of their parents. Sad, people should not eat meat until they have matured enough to make the choice for themselves with all of the truth and the facts behind the death industry.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I showed the video to demonstrate why people in the past never ate pork. It was considered unclean because the worms got into people..
But a lot of people in the past use to ate pork,except those with radical religion,like today.

Oh and then the coke was different in terms of quality.

The only worms which can enter people are those of the infectious desease called Religion.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

If you are truly conscious, you simply cannot eat flesh. Children are indoctrinated to eat flesh, they by nature do not wish to take that death energy into their bodies. But survival takes over and they do it to gain the praise of their parents. Sad, people should not eat meat until they have matured enough to make the choice for themselves with all of the truth and the facts behind the death industry.
If the religious people would have said "Do not consume meat" I guess it would be different in terms of what you have stated in your post,but what they have done is religious indoctrination on arbitrary own interests,for a better control of the masses.

edit on 23-6-2013 by piequal3because14 because: for a better control of the masses.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

As humanity rises from the animal instincts of their past into a future of promise, meat will no longer be needed. Meat was for hunters of past but it has become out of control and nature will have to make some changes soon to create a balance once again.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If my tribe were forced into a nomadic existence I might proscribe swine simply to free my herders from being asked to attempt to shepherd them. If the effects of this were a bit longer lasting than I may have anticipated who cares, I'm dead and sure you have the time now to work it all out to your advantage. I mean we are smart enough to do that right

edit on 6/23/2013 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The rules from the past which these people of various religions have adopted are still good nutritional advice...thats why they havent given them up...not only that but the believed source of these nutritional guidelines (God and His prophets) led to varying successes over time by following the rules handed down to them..the coincidences experienced as a population or religious sect, working to provide positive results meant these peoples believed this advice was good and the source was legit....again why turn ones back to what was proven good advice

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

If you are truly conscious, you simply cannot eat flesh.

So you are truly conscious, while we omnivores are...what? Automatons?

Clearly your spiritual advancement has not yet advanced to the point of freeing you from the very human desire to boast of your own superiority and boost your own ego by looking down upon your fellow-humans.

Not to mention posting completely off topic.

Way to go, goddess girl.

edit on 23/6/13 by Astyanax because: of holier-than-thou hippies.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It is a cleanliness thing. Improperly prepared pork can get you sick, as well as the fact that they can spread various influenza's to humans fairly easily. Pork isn't the only food item on the prohibited list either, shellfish is right up there because again improperly prepared consuming them can be fatal. Basically it was observational science for a fledgling nation that could ill afford having people die off in significant numbers because of what they ate.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

As humanity rises from the animal instincts of their past into a future of promise, meat will no longer be needed. Meat was for hunters of past but it has become out of control and nature will have to make some changes soon to create a balance once again.
On contrary if Humanity will go back ages for one reason or the other they will eat a lot of meat even raw meat.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by balanc3

The rules from the past which these people of various religions have adopted are still good nutritional advice...thats why they havent given them up...not only that but the believed source of these nutritional guidelines (God and His prophets) led to varying successes over time by following the rules handed down to them..the coincidences experienced as a population or religious sect, working to provide positive results meant these peoples believed this advice was good and the source was legit....again why turn ones back to what was proven good advice
On arbitrary choice without any true reason than religious beliefs to control the masses.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join