It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why in some religions people are not allowed to eat pork?Is it because they are indoctrinated by th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
e religious people,like pigs!

"When a pig will fight with a sheep(using reason)will be peace on Earth."

Pig,

adsoftheworld.com...

Sheep,

eofdreams.com...

I never understood why in some countries people of some religions are not allowed to eat pork.

And even if they are not forced not to eat pork, those who respect this abberation will condemn them in a way in which they will be isolated.

Different kind of meat come from different animals although from a structural point of view they have the same structure because the came from the same land.

I mean they feed with the same kind of food or almost.

I think those creatures do not know of each other existence....consciously,but the humans who eat them consciously do know.

And also they fight each other consciously.

Therefore when pigs will fight with sheeps I guess we will have peace on Earth....consciously.

So the question is,is the religion the cause of the wars?Because religions has brought discrimination in all the aspects of life including food?

edit on 21-6-2013 by piequal3because14 because: rest of the title added

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The Jewish have a thing about pork, it has to be sacrificed in a religious ceremony or something like that.

In not exactly sure on the finer details though, maybe someone can point them out?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In the days when the rules were made up they had no refrigeration.

Something to ponder

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It is because what the pig digests is deemed unclean, thus causing the meat itself to become unclean.
Animals that scavenge for food, or eat meat, are not fit for human consumption (in the mind of certain cultures and religions), they believe that if you eat animals that eat other unclean animals, or eat their own waste (yes, pigs do this) will cause desiese in humans, and also causes their body to become unclean (your body is your temple and should be treated as such).

A simple chat to someone who is from one of these cultures will get you some very well thought out answers. It may sound mad to us in the west, as we have been eating pigs for hundreds of years, but it seems just as wierd to those in the east (speaking typicaly) that we would eat such an unclean animal (dietry speaking, pigs are generaly very clean).

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What's wrong with it? I'm a vegetarian, I admit. What I mean is, I'm not a vegan. A vegan never eats any animal product. Since I sometimes do, I am not a vegan. However, even though I have tasted the taint of animal flesh, I admire people who do not eat it at all. I admire it more when they choose not to eat it out of respect for the lifeform, as opposed to religious indoctrination. I find it odd that society will justify people who have a religious stance on an issue, but if those same people feel the same way but do not have a religious or scientific reason then they're disregarded. For example, if I choose not to eat meat for religious reasons, it has more merit than if I choose not to because of reverence for animals. And if I choose not to eat it because science says it's bad then it would be ok, but since science says it's good and well to eat meat then to not eat it would be unsupportable.

I'm not even a very good vegetarian since I sometimes eat animal muscle. I don't actually buy the stuff myself. Others do and when I visit I inevitably eat what they supply. I also occasionally eat fish. I have once or twice in the past month bought some sardines, for example.

I understand the argument that both animals and plants are alive and so we should respect both. But my own opinion is that I relate too much to animals. Plants, I'm sure, are alive too. They have dna. They respond to stimulus. They reproduce. They probably feel something like pain too. But when my ship sails and words turn to action, I make the choice that I have to eat something, so...

I just hope if there's a God it isn't a vegan. If so, we're probably screwed.
edit on 21-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

In the days when the rules were made up they had no refrigeration.
And in the days of refrigeration.....?

link   
I feel bad for those who can't eat pork. They'll never know just how awesome BACON is.
BACON! yum yum yum Makes me glad that I don't belong to a man-made organized religion
that forbids eating BACON. mmmmm bacon ....

link   
reply to post by magma

They used salt back in those days, the first fourtune of the middle east. Created huge wealth with the west by trading salt.

This is one of the major trades that helped mankind spread like wildfire, giving them the ability to store food for long periods of time without it spoiling. Like our modern freezers.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think it may have something to do with human meat and pork having similar taste

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Animals that scavenge for food, or eat meat, are not fit for human consumption (in the mind of certain cultures and religions), they believe that if you eat animals that eat other unclean animals, or eat their own waste (yes, pigs do this) will cause desiese in humans, and also causes their body to become unclean (your body is your temple and should be treated as such).
Are you talking about wild pigs?

Because those who grow in special farms have special conditions.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think it may have something to do with human meat and pork having similar taste
Why?Did you tasted?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I feel bad for those who can't eat pork. They'll never know just how awesome BACON is.
BACON! yum yum yum Makes me glad that I don't belong to a man-made organized religion
that forbids eating BACON. mmmmm bacon ....

God created BACON as a reward for doing good

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Pigs that were farmed back in the days of the old testiment and the Quran were alot different than ours. People had their own cattle for their own personal use, pigs used to roam around the land that was owned by the owner and ate what was available. Goats, cows, sheep etc used to eat the grass, pigs used to eat anything and everything (including their waste) thats the reason.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

Why?Did you tasted?

Nope, I have never tasted it but there are many articles on the net that say that human flesh is similar to pork.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

The Jewish have a thing about pork, it has to be sacrificed in a religious ceremony or something like that.
I never heard of that and I am sure it is not real.

Animal sacrifice in a religious ceremonial doesn't exist in the civilized world.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

Why?Did you tasted?

I have heard burning human flesh, smells very much like cooked pork. I have also read accounts of war veterans who cant stomach pork for that very reason.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Hhhhm is that why you never see cat or dog food pork products? In fact why don't we see mouse cat food? Hold on Iam on to a winner there...copyright boymonkey74 21/06/13

link   
I'd say the Religious books were written by man, for man and perhaps with Divine Inspiration but certainly not a word for word translation of orders from 'On High'. Look at the passage in Leviticus (19:19 I believe) about the prohibition of wearing clothing made from blended fabric. Does anyone honestly believe God cares what your coverings are made of, or did then? Sounds like an example of Special Interests getting their side represented ...even that far back. The Tailors and Fabric Makers guilds in this case.

I'll be with enough research, one will find economic or other reasons of that time period for Pork prohibition to make sense. Maybe someone figured out that Pigs + Birds = Nasty flu variants that kill humans occasionally and so, raising pigs as food stock in the required numbers was tossed in as something to never do? Hard to say just what went into the "Blue Laws" of some Faiths.

link   
Historically I think that it had to do with trichinosis.

So if you ate pork, you got trichinosis. That's why it was declared unclean.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well poor people or those feeding a big family, don't have a lot of choices.

And there is no karma for eating food from the grocery store, unlike what the world's mismanagers think, and plot. Any hidden behind the scenes traps involved only fall upon them, the ones who set them. Intent is everything.

However, the problem is, that pigs are hybrids. I take pig thyroid and it works the other kind didn't. Isn't it odd that there is such a compatability to the human? Isn't it odd that those who befriend them will talk about how intelligent they are?

I believe in the times of Atlantis they did something really terrible with some of the animals and bred human type hybrids and that these animals suffer horribly.

I'm looking into ordering meat when we can, from farms that don't use chemicals and say they raise the animals in a stress free friendly enviro and treat them well. I also want to see humane ways to ensure no suffering at the end of their lives
edit on 21-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join