It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mayan City Discovered in Mexican Jungle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I really love this stuff. The best option we have at figuring out our past.
They really likes stone back in the old times. Someone or something must have taught them to use stone and leave the trees alone.

Anything made of wood and cloth would have decomposed by now. It's like when you look at some of the medieval castles in the UK. They are nothing but ruins, with only stone left. But other places which were maintained still have varnished wood floors, oak beams, silk curtains, bedsteads, window frames, stained glass windows.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

They are the ones from the article......where is your contribution?

I'm sorry, but I am not on a vacation trip to the Mexican jungle at the moment. If I were, I may have some better pictures for your pleasure viewing my little muchacho friend

Edit:
Try this link for all published images of the site (so far)
Link to Site Pictures
edit on 21-6-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

Dude you linked a yahoo image search, alot of these pics are total crap did you look at them? Some are from already known sites, some are'nt even Mayan ruins. The whole site is over grown with jungle, it will take years to clear and catalogue this new site.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have heard they found cities by satellite down there as far back as the late 80's-90's. The thing about thermography from space is vegetation registers slightly different temperature than stone. So even buried under hundreds of years of jungle growth, the straight lines and corners of pyramid and town squares are visible.

I been looking but can't seem to find any of those pics I once saw. The problem with getting to them is they are remote and deeply buried in virulent jungle growth. It takes many moons to reach and dig while being bitten by bugs, snakes and bandits.

In the pics people are bringing you can see how much jungle they had to hack away to reveal a few stone monuments. From what I understand there are a lot of these sights and archeologists have a list. It's the logistics that'll kill you.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Im amazed that this was found in Mexican jungle and not central/south america, i wasnt aware that mexico really had much jungle

kix

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Kalakmul is at the south, is simply put the most stunning ancient city of the Mayan World. PERIOD. If you want to get off the beaten path and see magnificinet stelae and a city that rivals Anything in the world you should go.

I hope this new city gets uncovered and not much altered (because you may learn some forbiden knowledge )... here is a Pic I took at Kalakmul last year.

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/redbarchetta54/DSCN1263.jpg[/IM G]

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

There seems to be new discoveries being made on a monthly basis!

I wonder what this new find will reveal.

Something I really want to do, is explore Central America and I'm determined to do so..... just go hiking in the Jungle and stumble across something which has not been discovered yet....
edit on 22-6-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
maybe we'll get lucky and this find will contain some sort of elaboration upon the mayan 2012 prophecies, wouldnt that be spectacular.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join