It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting old and wrinkly?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus every time I look in the mirror I get the distinct feeling that rather than seeing my own reflection I am instead looking through a window- and my mother is staring back at me! All I can say is thank goodness Mom is a good looking old broad!

Thanks for your words my dear...

This is what i see when i look in the mirror
:

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Well physically I'm in great shape. I'm stronger than most 20 year olds Faster than them. Could probably give the lot of them a ruddy good hiding!... But mentally I feel totally burned out at 42. I'm in desperate need of change. Apart from that. I'm not really that bothered about ageing

Next time i am in the Uk i am going to grab Cody and all the other guys and we are going to do an evening raid on your place and drag you out to the pub mate... a weekender with the Ardvaark in leopardskin leotard fan club is what you need... That will get you up again

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 21-6-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

A couple of days.. I were thinking more a month!

I were thinking ............................ Jeez mate you don't get much more northern than that

Me old china

Man we've gotta meet up some time for a beer funny enough that was going to be my next thread.

Cody

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Great minds think alike Cody, did you see my post above yours?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Well physically I'm in great shape. I'm stronger than most 20 year olds Faster than them. Could probably give the lot of them a ruddy good hiding!... But mentally I feel totally burned out at 42. I'm in desperate need of change. Apart from that. I'm not really that bothered about ageing

Next time i am in the Uk i am going to grab Cody and all the other guys and we are going to do an evening raid on your place and drag you out to the pub mate... a weekender with the Ardvaark in leopardskin leotard fan club is what you need... That will get you up again

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Do it Rod let's all meet up and get rat backsided
Give me a call or we can talk about it when I come over
Oh yeah I forgot to tell you I'm booking the tickets as soon as the documents turn up

Not too sure I want Doc getting up that night though

Cody

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I was typing and missed it but seen it now

Bloody show off

Cody

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rodinus

I was typing and missed it but seen it now

Bloody show off

Cody

Traaaananananana... *pokes tongue out*

Anyone know of any decent strip clubs in Lancashire... "Ouch, why did Mrs R just scut me off the back side of the head with that wooden rolling pin?"

I shall rephrase... Anyone know of a good gentlemans beverage establishment with members of the female gen....

*Ouch that hurts Mrs R!!*

Ok folks, it's pizza evening at the Rodinus demeure so time to get my frilly apron on.... and unchain Mrs R from the oven for a change (chain is still too long as she keeps hitting me over the head with that damned rolling pin... i think i will offer it to Mrs Cody when you come over... she shouldn't be able to do much harm after that swim across the channel!)

Have a great evening all

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I thought she'd be there by now, lazy mare

Just finished tomorrows curry

Snail and garlic pizza ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm different

Cody

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Getting old and wrinkly?,
Yes but you will get,kindest respects.

When you will say 'kindest respects',or 'my respects',I will answer,'mine too ,only mine are smaller'.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Funny you should say that, i have planned a REAL French snail and frogs legs tasting session... i'm already dribbling at the mouth!

As for this evenings pizza... just a plain old Bolognese one i'm afraid... all chugged down with a bottle of Côte du Bourg Bordeaux 2008.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Thank you for your words piequal

Kindest and warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thank you for your words piequal
Glad I could be ahelp my friend.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

:-) we all have our days

embrace the future~~even if its a wrinkly one

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Kindest respects

Rodinus
.............Sounds like a plan to me!!. Just let me know then i can get "that" outfit ready, You know the one dont you?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver
reply to post by Rodinus

:-) we all have our days

embrace the future~~even if its a wrinkly one

Corner of my mouth started to come up with a wicked grin when i read your post Daughter, but i will keep my twisted sense of humour to myself

Lovely words... thank you

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Kindest respects

Rodinus
.............Sounds like a plan to me!!. Just let me know then i can get "that" outfit ready, You know the one dont you?

You mean the one with the fishing waders full of tepid custard?... *smirks*

Talking of which.... right folks, off it is to spend a romantic evening with Mrs Rodinus...

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Relish the view you see in the mirror and that you can brush teeth when they reside in your mouth.

It only gets worse.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I like my old age. That surprises me because I thought it would be terrible. I have plenty of wrinkles at 62, but I don't obsess looking in the mirror anymore, so they don't bother me. I made it to retirement and like the confidence to speak my mind that I did not have when younger. But, mostly I am grateful for my good health. Which is a mystery to me considering the hard miles I put on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hi guys,Yep, getting old can be sucky but I always feel like growing old is a state lf mind. No matter how crappy my ole arse feels, I try and keep it movin one way or another. Wrinkles? I won't allow it....wierd thing but I keep telling myself I just will not/cannot accept wrinkles and so far so good. Oh, for sure i got some "loose meat" as Roseanne Barr used to say...but not too bad. When husband was in that 3 month coma, I "refused" to give energy to the thought that he would die...and he didn't and came out of it and came home.

I'm in 70's, pushin 80 but still like to "rock" to my 80's favorites, dance around the house when legs permit, mess around in my gardens and go to car shows and concerts and the like. I guess I'm one of those ole fart types that just won't give up...it ain't over til it's over.
.....or until the fat lady sings and I'm not that fat yet.

My main thing is I'm very strict with my posture...straight up spine, and I think that helps from getting that bent over kinda dealy and helps the bones stay working right too. Slathering a bunch of skin cream on at nite helps too...I've only slid outta bed a few times.

The main thing of all that seems to discourage wrinkles and old age I've found...is easy and free stuff....like smiling a lot, being kind and most of all, keeping a good sense of humor....even thru the tuff times in life. Sense of humor is key tho. Hugs to all. Stay cool, stay sweet, and stay young all!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It's warming to the heart to read all of your posts here folks, thank you very much for sharing.

A big hug and /or virile handshake goes out to all you old and wrinklies... *runs upstairs to the bathroom to slap on some of Mrs Rs anti aging cream*... makes great hair gel!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join