It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveler? Apparent cellphone user from 1950's Caroline county, Virginia.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What an idiotic video. In twelve seconds you get both shaking at a fixed object and some disturbingly husky breathing , yet no original audio...and it's a video of a video...This mouth breather fails completely at capturing proof of time travel. Seriously taking a breath was not even necessary it was only a 12 second clip I'm pretty sure 2 full breaths were drawn. And as many others have said there's nothing in her hand, she just has her hand bracing her face as she's speaking. Even if she was holding a "cell phone" it isn't positioned at her ear. She would have it pressed flat smacked against where your sideburns are, look at where her hand is. That took hardly any logic or thinking at all to debunk completely. Hoax or atleast trashed on account of thoughtlessness. Must be some musty air in that basement.
edit on 21-6-2013 by LizardSlicks because: add

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Ok... so someone travels back to the 50s with a mobile/ cell phone. Achievement enough in itself.. but how would it work without the masts? We're up to 4G now and we still haven't figured out time travel but lets assume it exists now. I can't get get a 4G connection in the middle of the UK so how on earth would she manage to pick up a signal in the 50's? If she managed to take some sort of portable transmission technology with her, who would she call? I think walkie talkies would be more realistic

It does look like she's holding a mobile though...
edit on 21-6-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

I have stated this on several threads on Time travel photo's and video's in the past about communication devices.....

I am always amazed by people who always keep referring to there being no towers available at such times before towers were needed in order to be able to send messages by mobile/cell phones.....

If there are such things as time travellers, do you really think that they would need towers in order to send messages? If such technology has been developed in order to transport people back in time, do you really think that towers would be a necessity?

If people can time travel I am sure that they have developed a much better way of communicating in a far better sophisticated way that does not need towers of any nature....

I just wish people would try and think outside the box a little bit more....

Hello...? The whole point of this is the fact that it 'looks' like she's holding a mobile phone. Yes I agree, that if time travel was possible (which it isn't) then more advanced communication would surely available. However IF she had a cell phone as pondered in this video then YES towers would be needed. That is how mobile phones work, or at least a small part of it. If it is not a cell phone then how does the question of her being a time traveller arise? it might as well be a lump of cheese she's holding to her ear!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Electric hearing horn

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This movie was filmed in 2010/2011.. Archival footage possibly, but it being just a one-off HBO movie, I wouldn't put it past the producers to pull your leg on that specific part of '1950s footage'.

IMO...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
She's not holding anything. These threads are getting beyond retarded.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Brazen, these time travelers! Always remembering to conceal themselves with proper dress and everything, but forgetting to not use their cell phones!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Ok... so someone travels back to the 50s with a mobile/ cell phone. Achievement enough in itself.. but how would it work without the masts? We're up to 4G now and we still haven't figured out time travel but lets assume it exists now. I can't get get a 4G connection in the middle of the UK so how on earth would she manage to pick up a signal in the 50's? If she managed to take some sort of portable transmission technology with her, who would she call? I think walkie talkies would be more realistic

I have stated this on several threads on Time travel photo's and video's in the past about communication devices.....

I am always amazed by people who always keep referring to there being no towers available at such times before towers were needed in order to be able to send messages by mobile/cell phones.....

If there are such things as time travellers, do you really think that they would need towers in order to send messages? If such technology has been developed in order to transport people back in time, do you really think that towers would be a necessity?

If people can time travel I am sure that they have developed a much better way of communicating in a far better sophisticated way that does not need towers of any nature....

Oh, absolutely! And, then, would not need cell phones at all...so what is the point of this thread and you defending it?
edit on 25-6-2013 by Threadfall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Sadly I think you too are still firmly planted inside that box....

Here is the issue with what you are saying:

It is being claimed that a woman in 1950 is using a CELL PHONE.

A CELL PHONE would not operate in 1950.

So you say it's some sort of advanced communication device.

Ok, that's possible.

But, if it's some advanced time traveler communication device, then it's NOT A CELL PHONE.

That simple flow of a logic proves without a doubt she does not have a cellphone.

Now could she really be a time traveler with some advanced communication device? Sure, why not. But if we are to accept that she is a time traveler, and accept she has advanced communication tech, then the uniqueness of this video clip totally disappears.

Why you ask? Because if we are to assume she has an advanced communication device, then that means we have no idea what type of communication devices they have. They could be anything, which means we have no frame of reference with which to judge the validity of a time traveler sighting.

Which means we can look at ANY video of ANY time period, find someone doing something odd, and then claim they are time travelers with advanced tech. A guy in an old western is holding his six-shooter. NO WAIT. It's not a six-shooter, it's an advanced communication device built to look like a revolver as to blend in and avoid the temporal natives from knowing whats going on.

Do you see the problem here? You could view a movie with a guy using those old ear horns, which were basically brass (or whatever) horns that people put up to their ears to aid their hearing. You could claim his giant brass horn hearing aid is actually a time travelers communication device since their tech is so advanced, and they are so smart, they would disguise their communication tech in temporally appropriate gear.

So we think she is a time traveler because we see her doing something, using a cell phone. But we know it's NOT a cellphone, it's impossible, it wouldn't function. Which means, if she is a time traveler, and that is a communication device, we have no idea what a time traveler's communication device would look like, so it's impossible to judge this video clip and say she is doing something out of place, since we have no idea what a future time traveler's advanced communication tech would look like, or more importantly what that woman would look like while using that tech.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Okay, she has a cellphone, anyone else have a cellphone,? are there any cellphone towers? has she got a cellphone charger? (Well, you dont get one without the other!) Bah.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by setibuddies

I was raised in this county! Very small town. I live in Charleston South Carolina now, but was really surprised to see this small town mentioned here on ATS. Wow.

Why is this in color if its from the 50's?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Do you honestly believe that we still be holding bulky handset-cells if and when we achieve a high enough technological state to achieve time travel? Cellphones will probably be in the form of microdots embedded in the cranium that are thought activated... I mean com on! At our current rate of phone technology there is a mobile phone that they can make in to a false tooth, believe it or not!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Thank you, Clearly no one hear has watched much " Quantum Leap " I mean hello!!
He had a Computer generated visual hologram named Al, or was it a visual computer generated hologram named al, either or, he had many aspects of him talking to thin air and having to explain himself.

In the show " Continuium " she has a suit builtin communications, shrink, video / whatever else super awesomeness you need in the suit! but that part is all in her head, and a badass transformer gun.

Also in the Movie " Gamer " the head badguy made nanobots that when injected replaced your brain with them acting the same only allowing for neuro-interfacing and remote control of other things and beings.

So if they traveled back in time, they are not using the latest Samsung s5 or Mytouch4g. Not to mention they would go and do as they damn well pleased, seeing how what ever is going to happen has already happened, therefor if I traveled back in time after making a time machine, and mess with something, it was already so when i was born, meaning I was just living out what was to be. The energy needed to create a new reality would kinda give itself off I would imagine, so how else are time travelers actions in the past to be explained?

I think these could be possible, the show continium was pretty eye opening with a few aspects I had not thought about, time traveling tourism in the distant future, people wanting to go back and live it up so to speak or live it down with a few advantages slowly leaking future tech when they want.

Never know, our government certainly has shown us they are 30 years ahead of us lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join