Time Traveler? Apparent cellphone user from 1950's Caroline county, Virginia.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A clip found in the documentary The Loving Story.

This is shown around 50 minutes into the documentary film, and is confirmed by the producers as true archival footage produced in the 1950's in Caroline county, Virginia.

"..archival footage from the 1950's that appeared in the film The Loving Story that appears to show a woman speaking into a cellphone like device. This has been confirmed as archival footage by the film's producers, and dated to the 50's, taken in Caroline County, Virginia.

Background: The Loving Story is an excellent account of the struggles faced by an interracial couple, the 1967 U.S. Supreme Court case of Richard Perry Loving, a white man, and his wife, Mildred Loving, a woman of African American and Native American descent, who had been arrested for miscegenation nine years earlier in Virginia. The Lovings were not active in the Civil Rights movement but their tenacious legal battle to justify their marriage changed history when the Supreme Court unanimously declared Virginia's anti-miscegenation law—and all race-based marriage bans—unconstitutional."

Normal speed clip:

Slow motion clip:

Message from the producers:

"The Loving Story 6:09pm Mar 29
Thank you for your comments! That scene is indeed from the '50s, shot iin Caroline County. We laughed when we saw as it does, indeed, appear she is using a cell phone. We have no idea what she was holding up to her ear, but I can guarantee it was not a phone. You are very observant - the first person to write us about that moment. We are so pleased you enjoyed the film. "
edit on 21-6-2013 by setibuddies because: added
edit on 21-6-2013 by setibuddies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ha....that is funny. I can't really tell if she is holding anything though. Kinda looks like she may be just touching the side of her head or moving her hair or something as I can't see anything in her hand.

Very funny though.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
perhaps one of these:
www.ericwrobbel.com...

The first ‘electrical’ hearing aids began to appear in the early 1900s.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
She appears to be babbling quite intently into thin air or her hand.. LOL.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Remarkable cell phone. It is apparently transparent.

All I see is a woman cupping her hand to her ear while speaking to someone off camera.
If she had an object in her hand, it might make me think that she had a cell phone.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ok... so someone travels back to the 50s with a mobile/ cell phone. Achievement enough in itself.. but how would it work without the masts? We're up to 4G now and we still haven't figured out time travel but lets assume it exists now. I can't get get a 4G connection in the middle of the UK so how on earth would she manage to pick up a signal in the 50's? If she managed to take some sort of portable transmission technology with her, who would she call? I think walkie talkies would be more realistic

It does look like she's holding a mobile though...
edit on 21-6-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

All I see is a woman cupping her hand to her ear while speaking to someone off camera.
If she had an object in her hand, it might make me think that she had a cell phone.

Perhaps not a phone.. but there are something there, you are not paying attention
There are something in her hand blocking the background behind her..

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

Perhaps not a phone.. but there are something there, you are not paying attention
There are something in her hand blocking the background behind her..

I watched it repeatedly, both full-speed and slow-mo. I don't see anything there.
I really did pay attention. If the object you are referring to is the same color as the skin on her hand, that might explain it somewhat.... But when I watch in slo-mo, I see objects in the background behind her showing through in the area between her thumb, fingers and cheek. That would indicate that the object, if she is holding something, is transparent.
edit on 21-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Ok... so someone travels back to the 50s with a mobile/ cell phone. Achievement enough in itself.. but how would it work without the masts? We're up to 4G now and we still haven't figured out time travel but lets assume it exists now. I can't get get a 4G connection in the middle of the UK so how on earth would she manage to pick up a signal in the 50's? If she managed to take some sort of portable transmission technology with her, who would she call? I think walkie talkies would be more realistic

I have stated this on several threads on Time travel photo's and video's in the past about communication devices.....

I am always amazed by people who always keep referring to there being no towers available at such times before towers were needed in order to be able to send messages by mobile/cell phones.....

If there are such things as time travellers, do you really think that they would need towers in order to send messages? If such technology has been developed in order to transport people back in time, do you really think that towers would be a necessity?

If people can time travel I am sure that they have developed a much better way of communicating in a far better sophisticated way that does not need towers of any nature....

I just wish people would try and think outside the box a little bit more....

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

I have stated this on several threads on Time travel photo's and video's in the past about communication devices.....

I am always amazed by people who always keep referring to there being no towers available at such times before towers were needed in order to be able to send messages by mobile/cell phones.....

If there are such things as time travellers, do you really think that they would need towers in order to send messages? If such technology has been developed in order to transport people back in time, do you really think that towers would be a necessity?

If people can time travel I am sure that they have developed a much better way of communicating in a far better sophisticated way that does not need towers of any nature....

You are spot on! I am amazed by how comfortable some people are in that box

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Im sure she brought cell phone antennas, towers, infrastructure, central offices and the switching equipment with her too!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Let's think a little more outside the box, shall we?

A time traveler isn't going to pull out their tech and start talking on it in front of a large group of "primitive" people, nor get caught on camera with their tech either.

Anyone who travels back in time would want to be inconspicuous as possible. Not walking around in full view of other people while talking on their communication devices.

Besides, let's not forget about the Temporal Prime Directive.

edit on 21-6-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
She does not have a cell phone.
She is using the "babel fish" as a translator.
That is why you don't see anything in her hand, it is in her ear.
She probably has her copy of "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" back in her room.
When you see things like this just remember, "Don't Panic"!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Clearly she was adjusting her Bluetooth...............

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

That would indicate that the object, if she is holding something, is transparent.

It's a cloaked cell phone then. That must be it. It's to hide the fact that she's a time traveller from the future talking into a cell phone, so now it looks like she's talking into an invisible cell phone instead. It's the only reasonable explanation.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

That would indicate that the object, if she is holding something, is transparent.

It's a cloaked cell phone then. That must be it. It's to hide the fact that she's a time traveller from the future talking into a cell phone, so now it looks like she's talking into an invisible cell phone instead. It's the only reasonable explanation.

I thought my original explanation was the best, the one where she is just a lady talking to someone and held her hand up to her ear.

But then it was brought to my attention that I didn't pay enough attention and missed the 'object' in her hand.

I still don't see it.
edit on 21-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Okay, using this ridiculous logic and nonsense reasoning, don't you think that a communication device used by people who have the capability to time travel would be hands-free? How about it just being smaller than the current models? If she were holding a mobile phone to her head in this video it's BIGGER than the current models we now have publicly available!

Tech generally shrinks and becomes LESS obtrusive and cumbersome with development, not BIGGER.

On the one hand you suggest that they are technically advanced, and can use mobile phones across time and space without the massive infrastructure required to send such communications, and then you ignore the fact that they probably wouldn't have these devices or use them in the same way we now do.

You can't have it both ways, if you're going to use the concept of technological development to defend a stupid theory you have to also acknowledge the in-built redundancy of your own argument and accept that this tech would be vastly outdated by that point.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

exactly. If they're time travellers, do you really think they'd need a mobile phone and be accidentally caught on camera using it, in a movie they never became famous in?

oh wait..

Oo

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
You are spot on! I am amazed by how comfortable some people are in that box

Why are time travellers so stupid as to use 2000's technology on camera in the 1950's, in 1950's garb and in a movie that no one has even heard of which implies they never did anything else, etc.etc, making this entire thing a pointless, yet super technologically advanced enough that it has mobile phones that do not require towers, sort of scheme.

Yikes even I get confused trying to make it work.

yes, this is a comfortable box.
edit on 21-6-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Let's think a little more outside the box, shall we?

A time traveler isn't going to pull out their tech and start talking on it in front of a large group of "primitive" people, nor get caught on camera with their tech either.

Anyone who travels back in time would want to be inconspicuous as possible. Not walking around in full view of other people while talking on their communication devices.

Besides, let's not forget about the Temporal Prime Directive.

edit on 21-6-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I totally agree with what you are saying. If it was a real time traveller, then obviously they would be more careful of how they conducted themselves in a public place as not seem to be different, I wasn't arguing that fact.

I was just stating that folks should try and look outside the box a little more with the technology that would have developed in order for a person to indeed time travel. On that basis do people really, really, really believe that phone masts would be a necessity?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join