It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I go to find decent people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I currently manage 9 employees in a production environment. Of these 9 people, all of them are completely devoid of morality. One of the girls who works for me is 39 and has slept with at least guys from work alone. She has also met men and other couples on Craigslist for random sex. She is currently sleeping with another manager and she they go to lunch almost daily for 2 hours. Another employee covers for her by clocking her in and out. When I told my boss she covered for them. I went above my boss to the plant manager and he just directed me back to my boss even after I explained that I already told her and she made excuses for it. Another of my employees deals drugs to other employees. Another employee has tried to sleep with every girl at work despite the fact that he has a pregnant girlfriend at home. He excuses it by saying that she cheated on him 6 years ago so he has a free pass now. I had another employee who quit after she got into an argument with the slutty employee and called her a whore. When I disciplined her she made sexual harassment allegations against the employee with the pregnant girlfriend. The company did an investigation and determined that since she had sent nude pics of herself to this employee then she was partially responsible. One 50 year old woman has worked for me previously. She always presented herself as honest and respectable. Now she has allowed the other employees to influence her and she is trying to sleep another employee. Two of my employees come and go when they want. I told my boss I wanted them on a schedule and she told me not to do that. There is no reason for them not to be and all of the other employees are but my boss is more concerned about being their friend and not managing them.

I know that I can be overly judgmental at times but this behavior just seems wrong and I hate being around it. It bothers me that my boss does not take action and has prevented me from taking action on the time theft. Is there some place I can move to where everybody is not completely immoral? I really can't stand to go to work anymore.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Sounds like you want a bit of that narni but she aint giving it up

(Sarcasm)

On topic, my warehouse is full of idiots too. People stuck in there ways on low wages dragging there self through life with no aspiration.

This job is merely a stepping stone for me, other people are comfortable been ignorant A'holes.

I'd say ignore them but you can;t if you're their boss

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Where do I apply?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well, you could come work with me, if we could ever get rid of one owners son. Everyone else here is fun, we're like a family, except for him. He is to busy sleeping at his desk, selling drugs on facebook, or talking on his cell.

Sigh......
Never gonna happen though.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I can see new material for a new sitcom being written here.....

Get your pen and pad out, start writing and send it off, and then see what happens....

Good luck with your new up and coming future TV show.....

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Find a better place to work. You have done all you can there. Management wants things the way they are, and you will just be banging your head on the wall.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I fail to see how your employee's sex life is any of your business. Nevertheless, let me give you a bit of advice...forget about it, don't discuss it, don't escalate the situation in the workplace; because if you do it would be considered sexual harassment and you could find yourself in legal trouble and likely find yourself looking for a new job.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by joeandandi

Don't feel bad, it's not any different anywhere else.

This world is going to hell fast.

Within the first five years of my seeking employment in the corporate field within a fairly large city, I worked for two CEO's that were either on house arrest or went to prison (technically, both should have been sent there). This was all by the time I was 23 years old and that was over twenty years ago.

I managed to escape it for the most part by working for small corporations, but then I got married and moved to a small town thinking I would be escaping all of it.

Within a year, my husband who was an executive in our small town experienced his first problem with an unethical executive officer. This person is currently under investigation and the business closed because of it. I tell my husband that he's lucky that he never experienced it before the age of 50.

I'm convinced that the reason investigations and the court system move so slow is because they have more cases than they can possibly handle, especially in this day and age and our crappy economy. I don't expect it to turn around.

Thanks for letting me rant too!

How old are you?

edit on 21-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm 37 years old and happily married for 13 years with a healthy sex life. I really don't care about my employees sex lives but I have to hear them discuss it almost daily. I even had two employees graphically describe how they had sex on his car hood in our parking lot late one night.

I guess I was raised differently but I still believe people should only share themselves intimately with people they love or at least care about.

top topics

join