It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO floated past us yesterday night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hi guys,

Don't get toooooooo excited, there was no encounter of the first kind involved here, just an exciting sight. My first biggish UFO.

As reported on MUFON, but for some reasons It didn't upload my pics (reconstitution only unfortunately as my friggin phone was out of batery. I hate iphone 5 they have absolutely no batery power.)

"ironically enough I was talking about ufos with a guy that works on the renovation of our house after dinner. No misunderstanding, I am a practical man not a deluded UFO type. 11 pm, clear sky, a few stars, bright moon 3/4. I saw a light approaching. First thought it was airplane with landing lights even though our location is still far from any airport. The light came drifting in our direction. It was way too bright for any craft. Can't tell height. Absolutely no blinking signal lights. Just a very bright white orb. When it was closest to us we noticed two sets of small "light rays" like emmited on the edges of the light ball. one green, one red (see illustration). the ligth went over a low light cloud and was still very visible through it. I said "this light is very bright". My friend said "indeed". It passed over us describing an arch changing smoothly its course. We changed our location to follow the object by sight. its went past close to the very bright moon in the background and was still clearly visible and very bright. Speed was average. Like floating. Clearly not any type of chinese lantern though. I have seen many before and can't fall in this trick. Too big and high. We watched it go away southward. Then in 3 seconds it "faded off" and vanished."

I was wondering if anyone here could help me. Is there some online radar data website where you can check for any pulses? I have seen this previously on ATS. The thing is I am in France...

edit on 21-6-2013 by Logiciel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

There was a sighting opportunity for the ISS yesterday at 10:48 PM for Lyon, France .
spotthestation.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

That's interesting. Im in Lucca Italy, just NE of Florence. I saw a bright orb like thing flying over our house just 2 nights ago. (night of 19th June, early morning 20 June). One was seen in Turkey the same night. Same as you in that I first thought it was a plane, but, no landing lights, no sound and it flew directly overhead and was very bright indeed. Didnt look as high up as commercial planes usually fly, and again, was silent.

I've had a strange few days, this morning I was woken up by the house trembling.....big earthquake. Thats another thread though.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

hi Goretex,

well your post most def had me thinking. a fow remarks:
- I just had a look at a couple of videos on youtube of "ISS from earth". The light always seems to be flickering (I would guess due to the distance and disturbances from atmosphere). What we saw was pretty regular, non flickering. I would also have to say that I would think it was too big and bright to be ISS.
- I think our sighting took place closer to 11pm but I can't be 100% sure.
- looking at the path of ISS though it does relate to the trajectory of the object we saw.
- I guess the two sets of colored light rays could be explained by a natural atmospherical phenomenon close to diffraction.
in conclusion I am forced to admit there are great chances this was the ISS.
If it was, I would be astonished by its size and light emission capacity, and the fact that it seemed like it had an arched trajectory.
Could it then be that when it faded away it was going through the shadow of Earth?

Anyway... thanks for your help.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I saw something that looked somewhat strange over me in the sky yesterday, for the first time I said hmmm... And wondered what it was. Anyway, this could have been something or it could have been just my imagination wanting to see something.

Anyway, I watch this lady's series on You Tube, mainly because she is entertaining as heck, some of her ideas can be kind of hard for even me to fantom, but some of them are really spot on to what I think is going on. Anyways, in one of her shows she explains that the government is going to start manufacturing these UFO's and use them to bring New World Order to the planet and if the government could use something to their advantage, I can certainly see them giving that one a try. Anyways she believe that is the only reason they are doing any type of disclosure now is to get people used to this idea so they can use it against them. She also thinks planets are manufactured too which is really difficult to believe but she has an interesting way of explaining how this is accomplished.

Take away from this what you will, or with a grain of salt, but the government trying to use something to get something, now that is believable.

I am going to attempt to link this You tube video, first time doing this so wish me luck.

Here is the link:
youtu.be...

edit on 21-6-2013 by StarsInDust because: Because it's early, and I have a hard time writing what I want to say.

edit on 21-6-2013 by StarsInDust because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2013 by StarsInDust because: Added link

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I know what I'm gonna do!
I can see the ISS will pass over our heads again tonight.
I will try to spot it to see if it was the same.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Logiciel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

Hi there,

I am afraid your attempt failed... no video.
Regarding the content... donno really hehe. Manufactured planets? would take a while to creat the universe no?
I'm gonna stick with the ISS explanation untill I (hopefully) see it again tonight.
Best.

L

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Sorry about the video, like I said, my first time attempting to do video thing on this site. Oh I know, the planet thing, when she was talking that I was thinking, Wow Kelli, this Grandma really needs to be tripping to even begin to fantom that one, but like I said this lady is entertaining as all get out.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

try again

maybe google "how to upload video on ATS"???

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If it was, I would be astonished by its size and light emission capacity

I too was surprised by the apparent size and brightness the first time I saw it , I was also disappointed when I discovered it was the ISS .
Good luck with the weather for tonight's sighting

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Maybe thats what I saw too. How many nights is the ISS visible in this area?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel
reply to post by gortex

hi Goretex,

well your post most def had me thinking. a fow remarks:
- I just had a look at a couple of videos on youtube of "ISS from earth". The light always seems to be flickering (I would guess due to the distance and disturbances from atmosphere). What we saw was pretty regular, non flickering. I would also have to say that I would think it was too big and bright to be ISS....

I'm not sure which YouTube video you were watching, but the flickering could have been due to it being a video. The ISS (or most satellites) do not flicker.

The ISS would be a solid dot in the sky -- and VERY bright. It is the brightest object in the night sky, other than the Moon. The color will usually be white when it is at its brightest, but the color could vary to even a dull red orange, depending on the angle of reflection (considering that the light you see is reflected sunlight).

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is a great thread even with the likely solve by our esteemed Gortex. I'ma ss&f it.

Logiclel you did a great job in your circumstances, remained calm, touched all the bases: Noting detail, making a pic, reporting to MUFON etc. and to top it off you related it to us in great style and pertinent detail.

When Gortex came up with the ISS and pretty much nailed it to time, location, and dead-on direction you were very gracious in your reply. Admirable.

But member Soylent Green Is People noted the exact thought that was bugging me: My viewings of the ISS have been just as described in his post. I've seen it BIG and bright, and even the somewhat dulled red glow, but I've never seen anything like what Logiclel saw.

Mebbe an atmospheric effect? Or still a possible unknown. Also: Logiclel, the ISS is much bigger in the sky than the aspect in the vid(s) you watched I suspect, so that may account for what you feel like is the discrepancy in the size of the ISS and your object.

One way or another--weather permitting--we could have the final answer tonight. Kudos to all mentioned in this thread!

edit on 21-6-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

join