It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

25,000 Bumble bees found dead in a Target parking lot.

page: 3
27
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 


So ....how many deaths by Monsantos neonics?
I guess you dont want to answer that one.

I don't know. How many? Do you want to answer it?

Do you think it kills bees that don't come into contact with it when it's applied to non-flowering plants? When it's properly applied?
Do you know what percentage of those bees are killed by the Monsanto version?

edit on 6/21/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec
 


yeah i took it with a grain of salt for sure. That was my first thought. It struck me as very strange the way they just kinda laughed it off after that.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec
 


Albert Einstein said lose our bees see mass extinction within 4 years.

Exactly when and where did he say that? I've tried to find out, with no luck.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec
 




That can not be true. Bees choose a poisonous tree to take up residence in? They have not survived from day one by being that stupid.

Ever seen a flowering oleander? Bees love 'em.



posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 


After some more digging, it appears that Safari pesticides is owned by Sumitomo Chemical, and does not appear to be associated with Monsanto. It's possible it could be, but I am not finding it.

But, I am drinking and that is as far as I am digging this evening.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn
 


Safari is manufactured by Valent ....

The only thing to remember is neonictoids are on 90 percent of corn, of which
Monsanto has most patented. So while this bee kill is not the work of Monsanto,
the GMO corn is decimating the bees.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Dianec
 


Albert Einstein said lose our bees see mass extinction within 4 years.

Exactly when and where did he say that? I've tried to find out, with no luck.


I took it from memory as well as a fresh article I had looked at. I would have to find a more reliable source but I remember hearing it in college too. I will try to find something more reliable. In the meanwhile, just some secondary stuff here.

blog.targethealth.com...

globalclimatechange.wordpress.com...

ivarfjeld.com...



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 


the GMO corn is decimating the bees.

Thank you for your opinion but until there is evidence that is the case I will withhold judgement.
BTW, did you know that the Bt toxin is a favorite of organic farmers?
www.bt.ucsd.edu...



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


In its non transgenic form, yes. Bt pesticide that is used in GMO is transgenic,
and not in its natural state. Not the same at all...



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by J.B. Aloha
 


Im not allowed to do one liners but i have to say this

it brings a whole new meaning to (wait for it)

ring stinger

ps i know you said bite but could not help myself

as i have got up in a very good mood



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Dianec
 




That can not be true. Bees choose a poisonous tree to take up residence in? They have not survived from day one by being that stupid.

Ever seen a flowering oleander? Bees love 'em.


this author, a University professor, refers to Einsteins quote (end of pharagraph 1) and did a synopsis on his assertions. Still secondary but more valid.

www.ent.uga.edu...



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 


Bt pesticide that is used in GMO is transgenic,
and not in its natural state. Not the same at all

Can you define how it is different, exactly? What differentiates the toxin produced by Bt plants from that produced by the bacterium? Are all forms produced by the bacterium exactly the same?
edit on 6/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec
 

Your source:

Now I must quickly say that there is no good evidence that Albert Einstein actually said
this. In fact he most assuredly did not.

www.ent.uga.edu...


In conclusion, I suggest that what’s at stake here is not something so melodramatic as Einstein’s fictitious and dire warning about the collapse of Homo sapiens . I think bee advocates do their cause a disservice when they stoke the flames of hyperbole and sensationalism.

I agree. It does no good to make things up.
edit on 6/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Might be them spraying for mosquito control. That kills bees. I'm finding dead bees on my back deck every day. I was watching one limping along the other day, it couldn't get airborne. I live in BC on the west coast



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Dianec
 


Albert Einstein said lose our bees see mass extinction within 4 years.

Exactly when and where did he say that? I've tried to find out, with no luck.


i have also tried to find said quote but nothing at all as ever been said

what i have found is if the die off keeps up that the bees will be extinct in around 100 years

ps i used google search

ETA: Are these mass die offs occurring in the african hybrid honey bees

just did a search and there is no mention of any die offs in the africanized honey bee


edit on 22/6/2013 by maryhinge because: ETA



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Dianec
 

Your source:

Now I must quickly say that there is no good evidence that Albert Einstein actually said
this. In fact he most assuredly did not.

www.ent.uga.edu...


In conclusion, I suggest that what’s at stake here is not something so melodramatic as Einstein’s fictitious and dire warning about the collapse of Homo sapiens . I think bee advocates do their cause a disservice when they stoke the flames of hyperbole and sensationalism.

I agree. It does no good to make things up.
edit on 6/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)


Your absolutely right on that and I need to go to sleep as my speed reading failed me. Here is extra validity of him not only not saying that but many other things we attribute to Einstein. I can't believe even college professors quote some of these things such as him discovering that light is observable as particles - that wasn't Einstein. Good catch and I need to go to sleep or stop posting at minimum.

www.conservapedia.com...



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge
 


Interesting thought. A quick look found this but it only seems to imply that they aren't as affected as native bees.

As a result, Africanized bees have not impacted the honey industry as badly as once predicted. Since killer bees die every winter, they are unable to be infected by colony collapse disorder or CCD. Since it was first discovered in 2006, CCD has mysteriously killed a third of North American honey bees.

voices.yahoo.com...



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine
 


I live a few states over from Oregon, here in Montana. We are still seeing honeybees, bumblebees, and all the other close relations. The only thing that seems to be visibly affecting them here is the wacky weather we are having.

From one day to the next you are not sure if you are going to need your heater or your A/C. I have a bumblebee hive near my home and they were very active as little as two weeks ago, but with the hard drops in temperature we have had recently I am already seeing more dead bees than I usually see before November.

The weather swings do seem to be harmful to the Northern Pine beetle's reproductive cycle, which is good for trees in this region.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Bees dead in a parking lot?

Sounds to me like the colony flew right into some cloud of toxins? Probably exhaust from a local business that may not affect you or I much but flying right into it could have suffocated the bees quickly, or clogged their air passageways, created allergic reactions, anything like that.

What else could kill them all at the same time like that while they are traveling?

Without widespread cases happening all around me, I am forced into thinking it was an isolated incident that had a lot more to do with local issues than anything else.

These are just guesstimates though because I have no access to information like the bee's autopsy report (or whatever you call it when we do it for insects).



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by Olivine
 


I live a few states over from Oregon, here in Montana. We are still seeing honeybees, bumblebees, and all the other close relations. The only thing that seems to be visibly affecting them here is the wacky weather we are having.

From one day to the next you are not sure if you are going to need your heater or your A/C. I have a bumblebee hive near my home and they were very active as little as two weeks ago, but with the hard drops in temperature we have had recently I am already seeing more dead bees than I usually see before November.


Fear not, these insects apparently survived the Ice Ages without much trouble.

I bet they can handle harsher climates and changes than we humans can.



new topics

top topics



 
27
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join