It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli killed by guard at Jewish holy site in Jerusalem for yelling "Allahu Akbar!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Perhaps it's just me...but for an Israeli to be shouting one of the best known 'last words' of a martyr? I'm thinking suicide by cop on this one. He knew the reaction it would bring.

Agreed, there is no other reasonably expected outcome to shouting the last words of a suicide bomber in an area that would be considered a high value target. Yes yes, technically it's just a prayer or what not, but we all know the type of person who is shouting that tends to vaporize shortly after.

Whip out your cellphone and point it at a cop, bye bye, same deal.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Yup.. I'll vote Suicide By Cop as a deliberate action until more is known...if ever, given the location.

If this were that CSI which has the guy in sunglasses on (Miami is it), he'd say 'Sounds more like Jewicide to me' and then the Who could kick in.

Not the smartest thing to be shouting there to be honest. I'm going to agree with the death by cop option for now, til we know more.

You didn't really just say that? (looks again) ... Yup.. You really did.

I missed that episode, but my wife loves the show and it comes on in the wee hours when I normally head to bed so I've grown to like it as she insists on running it as bedtime background. Indeed... I can definitely hear them saying that on the show. No doubt. lol..... Thanks for a laugh this morning, especially on a topic which I thought was beyond finding any humor. Silly me.. It's ATS!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Over in the M.E., when a lone person shouts "Allah'u'ahkbar" it is usually succeeded by an explosion followed by human meat raining down and body parts everywhere. When you live under that kind of apprehension on a daily basis, it can give you PTSD.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The guard did the right thing ..I would have done the same ..
It may be a holy place .. but it's also an active war zone ..this quazi mullah should have known better than to go there and start with this Allah nonsense ..knowing full well what will happen ..Israeli forces are taught to fire first then ask questions later ..

Besides, anyone who has been to Muslim countries will know that they have no rights .. even as a non Muslim, I don't think you can enter their holy places without specific permission ..
Citing the Torah or any other non-Muslim phrases there will result in immediate execution or jail or whipping ..or dismemberment ..

Give that guard a promotion .. his only mistake was not getting that mullah with the first round in the head!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Over in the M.E., when a lone person shouts "Allah'u'ahkbar" it is usually succeeded by an explosion followed by human meat raining down and body parts everywhere. When you live under that kind of apprehension on a daily basis, it can give you PTSD.

I agree with you entirely here and find it interesting how people who have never lived under 24/7 terrorist threat pass judgement to what could have or should have been done or how evil this reaction was. I never have experienced it myself and hope to God I never do. So many now don't even know it for news stories because the wall around the West Bank and shut down of Gaza for the most part, ended the "in-person" suicide bombers within Israel itself. I sure do remember the gruesome regularity with which they blew themselves up on buses, shopping areas and Sbarro Pizza places. So frequent, in fact, Israel has a special unit dedicated to the recovery and matching of "flesh", for lack of a better term....as that's all that remains...splattered all over everything for dozens of yards in all directions. Oh.. and the head of the suicide bomber. I found that oddest of all. Apparently that pops right off in more cases than people might think, to land nearby intact. Horrible business, this all is.

Point being though, in agreement to your words there, when you live in a place where those two shouted words often mean you have seconds left to live, by pure life experience of seeing it happen countless times before? Shooting just as fast as reflex allows and without thinking to waste that time first, is life/death to everyone nearby. I can't blame the guy and wonder about the arm chair warriors who figure they have the right to blame him?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hi Lonewolf, long time no see.
I honestly do not know the motives of this guy but the thing about "Alluh al Akbah" being the catch phrase of a suicide bomber does annoy me sometimes. I've lived among Muslims many years, I've heard that phrase mentioned countless times and never once was it associated with violence. It just seems to me to be an oversimplification of the whole Islamic threat, I understand that a large amount of Muslims want revenge on what they see as Western society but the chanting of the name of the Prophet p.b.u.h. is not and should not be a by-word for murder.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Well that sounds racist to me. You're saying that only brown people say Allahu Akbar.

Hmm and also, when is the last time .. Any time.. you've heard someone say "Praise the lord." before blowing themselves up, or attacking innocent people, or when rioting?

Ahh but then, there is little logic when it comes to religion.

Clearly Religion is a touchy subject in the Middle East, and at one of the most Holiest places on Earth.

Anything goes when you start yelling God is great. BTW, is he not at a Holy place?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

doesn't make it right does it?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Saying "God is Great" at a temple = okay to kill, wow some of these blood-lusty ATS members scare me.

Didn't know people are easily conditioned.

Sheeps are Sheeps i guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You didn't really just say that? (looks again) ... Yup.. You really did.

I missed that episode, but my wife loves the show and it comes on in the wee hours when I normally head to bed so I've grown to like it as she insists on running it as bedtime background. Indeed... I can definitely hear them saying that on the show. No doubt. lol..... Thanks for a laugh this morning, especially on a topic which I thought was beyond finding any humor. Silly me.. It's ATS!

If only ATS would let me post the meme I made for it. But it would soon vanish in a puff of modness.

So, so tempting.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
Look around you, pay attention, and you will see that there are people every day in your own country saying "thank God", or "God bless", or "God bless America"....

.... but that isn't ever followed by the person lighting off a suicide bomb in an effort to mass kill everyone like what happens a lot with suicide bombers in that part of the world. BIG DIFFERENCE. THis is a common sense thing. The dead guy had no common sense. Like I said ... he gets 'The Darwin Award'.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Sure blame the victim it's his fault some scumbag murders him for saying something. .

I said that the dead guy wasn't too bright. And that's true. Tensions are high there because of frequent suicide bombers and this idiot goes to the Jewish holy site and yells what the radical muslim bombers yell just before lighting off a bomb. That is a STUPID thing to do.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Saying "God is Great" at a temple = okay to kill, wow some of these blood-lusty ATS members scare me.

Didn't know people are easily conditioned.

Sheeps are Sheeps i guess.

He didn't say "God is great" .. he said "Allah is great"
thats what that phrase means .. big difference ...

besides .. you can't go to Mecca and start chanting kumbaya ..try it and see what happens ...

edit on 6/21/2013 by junglimogli because: adding comment ..

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I never said he did. You obviously didn't read what I was saying in context. I said "if people yelled out "praise the lord" before turning themselves into a weapon", people would be just as edgy when someone randomly shouted it out. As in, suicide bombers yell "Allahu Ackbar" right before detonating themselves. He may not have had a bomb but if you're saying suicide bombers don't yell "Allahu Ackbar" before they blow themselves up you're just being obstinate to try and distract from the fact you seem to hate Israeli's based on your posting history.

He may not have had a bomb or weapon but yelling the final words of a large portion of martyrs in a Jewish holy site might lead one to believe he does. I was replying to the remark that people don't get shot for yelling "praise the lord". If people yelled praise the lord commonly before martyring themselves it would make others just as edgy as them yelling "Allahu Ackbar".

He knew what response that phrase would beget him in his choice of location to yell it out. It's akin to someone running into the White House screaming "die Barack, die" there's a 99% chance it's going to get you killed whether you're an actual threat or not.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I love how people are trying to justify this mans murder by saying, "well, he shouldn't have yelled it out!@!!!1!!1!1!eleven!"

I bet you'd say the same for that seven year old girl who got shot in the head by that cop. She shouldn't have stuck her head up, you know, because it's threatening!

No, the man who shot this guy overreacted and should be charged with manslaughter. Allahu Akbar has many applications, and a shoot first ask questions later attitude is not okay.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And why in the world is an Israeli man speaking in Arabic for?
Israelis speak Hebrew after all. So this man was going to ruin everyones day
most likely when the security guard shot him.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

It was his choice of location and choice of yelling it out. It's not as if he was just praying quietly to himself. He made a stupid decision which triggered a person's fear. When you live somewhere where it's a daily occurrence for suicide bombers to shout the same thing before martyring themselves it's highly likely to trigger a fear based response. No one is saying it was justified, but it is understandable given the location and mans actions. If you were in an airport or on and airplane and someone yelled the words used by extremists who martyr themselves you would get a little nervous and scared of what that person may be about to do. You may even react, you might run away and hide or you might try and stop them depending on what your instincts are. It's all about context and location and this mans choice of both doesn't absolve him of his part in his own death.

If you were to yell out "I have a gun and I'll use it" but you have no gun and you get shot that's your fault for instigating the reaction you received. Unless the man was mentally disabled he was stupid in his choices and actions. He should have known what response his actions would trigger. He probably knew very well it was gonna bring the response it did and that was probably his goal, suicide by cop. It happens every single day where people do things to illicit a response from others, people suicide by cop quite often by doing something they know will get them seen as an immediate threat and get them shot, tazed or beaten. Stupid choices knowing good and well the likely outcome will be your death doesn't get any sympathy from me. If it was me I wouldn't want any sympathy for my stupid choices as it was my decision to trigger the even that resulted in my death.

Definitely a Darwin Award candidate. No different than putting the gun to his own head and pulling the trigger.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Use your head, If a guy is going to blow up, he would be pressing the button as he yells.

Not, ALLHA HU AKBER... waits for a reaction. Then Click.

The shooter is a retarded fudge, no one is going to yell and then press the button. If a guy wants to explode, you think a shooter would have the reaction needed to pull the gun up and shoot before the guy presses the button?

Morons... i mean Moray.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Coupled with that particular disappointment was our heavy-handed security screening to enter the Western Wall's plaza, combined with the armed guards monitoring/enforcing the prohibited use of cameras within the grounds. You see, labor and creating things during the Sabbath is prohibited, and signs warn that using cameras, carrying electronic devices, or even taking handwritten notes is utterly forbidden.

travelogue.travelvice.com...

Alright that's enough for me to put in my 2 cents.

Visitors are heavily screened and checked before entering.
This poor fella, therefor, must have been heavily checked/screened.

This is murder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join