It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laymans theory of gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I am not a physicist and so therefore my thread is titled Laymans theory of gravity because it is an uneducated opinion, based simply on my objective sense of observation, and feelings of intuition of how gravity force is produced.

The picture below shows a galaxy. The picture below it of a water vortex being sucks down a kitchen drain under source of gravity.

Spiral galaxy

Spiral of water down kitchen sink

Firstly what is recognised in main stream physics is that that physical matter is actually an conglomeration of energy fields. The Theory of relativity established this in the famous maths physics equation Energy = Mass x Speed of light squared.

I wanted to make that point first to explain its significance to the pictures of the galaxy and sink. This being the water flowing down the sink in picture, just like the stars in the galaxy are actually a matrix of swirling enegry fields. The Galaxy of course is a larger and more complex representation of these swirling energy fields.

The motion of energy as the system rotates is a gravitational force which is being manifested into reality by the matrix of energy fields in circular motion. The sub components of energy fields which make up the entire system are interlocked by interia. The spiral arms in the systems of sink water or galaxy come into physical form due a natural requirement for the system to harmonise the inertial forces to a state of balance.

Where i am going with this is to say the gravitational force of planets is being caused by the effect of equal and opposite forces. The interial force acts individually on each star in the spiral arms, just as it acts on each spiral arm. The gravitation force is distributed evenly between the spiral arms and amongst the stars by the effect of interia, which exists for this very purpose of harmonising the gravitational force throughout the system.

The planets revolving around each star produce graviational force perpendicular to the planets surface, so as to oppose and balance the interial graviational force which is acting on the star.

edit on 21-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

errrr...you said laymans, right?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The only sure thing about gravity: It gets us all in the end.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Vortexes, microcosms, macrocosms, i like where your going with this.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheomExperience

Vortexes, microcosms, macrocosms, i like where your going with this.

Im glad you highlight these as its clear to me you understand what is being proposed.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I am not a physicist and so therefore my thread is titled Laymans theory of gravity because it is an uneducated opinion, based simply on my objective sense of observation, and feelings of intuition of how gravity force is produced.
If the brightest minds in science can't fully explain galaxy rotation, what chance does a layman have? Scientists introduce an unknown quantity called "dark matter" to try to bridge the gap in their understanding, but nobody has found dark matter yet, despite decades of searching. We've found evidence for it, but not the dark matter itself.

Firstly what is recognised in main stream physics is that that physical matter is actually an conglomeration of energy fields. The Theory of relativity established this in the famous maths physics equation Energy = Mass x Speed of light squared.
This interpretation isn't quite right. That's a mass-energy equivalence formula.

What it says is that mass can be CONVERTED to energy.

You seem to infer the equation means mass IS energy, and that's not what the equation infers. But it's a common misunderstanding to it's easy to understand how you might get that idea. Now you can erase it...it's wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I am probably wrong maybe the spin of the galaxy is what is increasing it's mass and not dark matter everything spins even down to the smallest atom.
with the computer simulations i have seen about matter and rotation about the galaxy i am not sure if i heard them factor in spin but they do get the results by adding in something
edit on 21/6/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Don't get so excited its just a theory from a layman.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Invisible forces control gravity.
Thus it is unknown.
There is a mass attraction formula that NASA uses we think.

Some one showed that force or wave vibrations can cause attraction
or repulsion of objects.

Maxwell solved the double derivative wave equation like everyone else
but gave it an impossible set of conditions .

Some say energy from mass is ridiculous.

Forces from static electricity have been proven and all matter having
plus and minus charge seems to be the fundamental source of force.

How things spin and how galaxies are big is beyond me but thanks for
the demonstration. Water going down the drain is probably defined as
a potential energy sink. Well there you go it was a sink.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

What it says is that mass can be CONVERTED to energy.

No it doesn't even say that. The specific laws and properties of Standard Model of particle interactions govern what can and can't be transformed; special relativity is a constraint on allowable transitions and the energies which they will have.

In practice, specific particles with mass can be transformed into others without mass in some cases.

It could have been that particle interactions always disallowed complete transformation of massive particles into massless ones and yet special relativity were still true.
edit on 22-6-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Galaxies and water going down the drain very roughly look the same because it's a combination of an effective radial force (or pseudo force) and conservation of angular momentum.

Other than that, no real relation.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
One VERY important point...

Gravity would all make visual / logical sense ( as in your water going down a plughole photo ) if we knew where all the galaxies where going .

new topics

top topics

join