It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"CHILD DETECTION SERVICES" Armoured car....a toy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I tried to post the pic in my ATS files, but it wouldn't upload, sorry.

Here's a link to the image I snapped at Wal*Mart....

i15.photobucket.com...

As-advertized, a showpiece of fear.

Someone pls post the pic if they can, tia.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
That's called creepy.

Just where did they get that idea from? Detection? Looks more like a destruction to me. eeeek!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
OP, do you have children? This is a toy from the Monster's Inc. movie. The Child Detection Agency were set up to keep children out of the monster world. It is a central theme to the movie and if you can recall having seen it, things would make more sense.

I am linking in the Wiki for it: CDA

Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Ahhh.... Thanks for context there. I even saw some of that stuff at Disney in Orlando but not that one. Oh well.... I should have paid more attention to what my kid was watching I suppose... lol. I feel silly now.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No worries, I saw the movie a few years before I had my son. He hasn't seen it yet and I'm not sure when/if he will in the near future. I have enough trouble keeping him in children's cartoons on PBS and constantly find him browsing the Mickey Mouse and other things on You-Tube.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
..."keep children out of the monster world".

"Monsters" = non-conformists.

Another sick motif becomes "normalized".
edit on 21-6-2013 by DistantThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DistantThunder

I agree with you. Like the ice cream truck playing music - "your safe here" This is extremely creepy - and they are making it propaganda to children.

Use your imagination. What are they using it for?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
A movie about xenophobia, torture, secret surveillance and ... yep, no hidden agenda there.

edit on 6/21/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DistantThunder

How did you make that connection? You cannot simply make a statement and expect it to be so.

If I said the answer to time travel is:

E = mc * 2/2^4

Would you simply accept that?

Have you seen Monsters Inc? In the movie it's actually the opposite of what you're saying. They do a very good job of getting rid of the "monster under the bed/in the closet" idea we all grew up with. In the end Monsters and Kids live "happily ever after"... In my books a happy ending is not quite "a sick motif"...

It all makes a little bit more sense if you look at it in context, i.e. from the correct perspective.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

"monsters and kid live happily ever after" Nudging?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

To add to what Gem said, the movie took a good turn
In the movie, the monsters world was powered by 'screams' the kids did when the monster came out of the closet, but because kids are becoming harder to scare, the monster world was losing energy. By sheer accident, the hero of the movie discovered laughter had more energy then scream power, so they decided it was better to make the kids laugh instead of scaring them.
Sounds like a positive ending to me.
Not everything is a conspiracy, not everything has an underlying hidden agenda.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I bet you already knew the answer. You're LOOKING for things.

It goes from sinister to innocent and still there is evil.

ahh aye carumba.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

How did you make that connection? You cannot simply make a statement and expect it to be so.

If I said the answer to time travel is:

E = mc * 2/2^4

Would you simply accept that?

Have you seen Monsters Inc? In the movie it's actually the opposite of what you're saying. They do a very good job of getting rid of the "monster under the bed/in the closet" idea we all grew up with. In the end Monsters and Kids live "happily ever after"... In my books a happy ending is not quite "a sick motif"...

It all makes a little bit more sense if you look at it in context, i.e. from the correct perspective.

LOL, "correct perspective"! Dude, maybe try a half-packet of Kool-Aid next time.

You seem perfectly willing to rush to your own conclusions and assertions.

Really, I don't need to see a movie to understand that kids and armoured vehicles don't really go together. Can you explain it to me w/o Disney references?

The whole theme, as described, IS NOT appropriate for children. Where do you get your ideas and standards from, Chechnya?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

...Dude, maybe try a half-packet of Kool-Aid next time...Where do you get your ideas and standards from, Chechnya?

Now if only we could have a discussion without immediately having to resort to insults...

You seem perfectly willing to rush to your own conclusions and assertions.

Pot? Kettle?

At least I attempted to explain my view. All you did was post a picture of a toy you saw at Walmart. And then stated "As-advertized, a showpiece of fear"... No explanation exactly what your take on the toys are or an explanation as to why the toy is supposedly a "showpiece of fear".

Oh wait. You did. After evc1shop brought some perspective and context to the picture you present us with a well-written, conclusive and very intelligent post namely ..."keep children out of the monster world"."Monsters" = non-conformists. Another sick motif becomes "normalized". ...

Really, I don't need to see a movie to understand that kids and armoured vehicles don't really go together. Can you explain it to me w/o Disney references?

Uhm. Yes, you pretty much need to see the movie(s) to actually come to any sort of reasonable conclusion. How can you possibly comment on anything - a book, a movie, a TV show, a website, a work of art, a meal, a car - without having read it, seen it, tasted it or driven it? Anything you say would be baseless because - let's face it - you don't know what you're talking about.

The whole theme, as described, IS NOT appropriate for children. Where do you get your ideas and standards from, Chechnya?...

It's called common sense.

So what exactly is appropriate for children? You can take any random movie, TV show, billboard, book, toy, school name or kiddies meal and turn it into some paranoid fear-mongering conspiracy with your methodology.

Is a movie about a mermaid that defies her father and sell her voice in order to be with a guy she met briefly appropriate for kids? What about the story about a thieving, lying street rat that gets the girl in the end? Or a big green dude that teaches kids that it's fine to be rude and mean? What about Willy Wonka? Where to start with that one!? Smurfs - where there is only a single female in the entire town...?

Let's move on to toys. Do you think it's OK to have toy guns by the dozens on store shelves? Everything from AK47s to Sniper Rifles? What about Barbie. The white, big-boobed chic every little girl aspire to be like...? Did you know you get a set with Barbie's dog, Tanner... Comes complete with poop a poopascoopa... What about the "Scan-it Security Checkpoint X-Ray Toy", Ugly Dolls, tattoo stickers for babies, McDonald's Drive Through Play Set... And those are the tame ones. Let's not even mention the weird toys such as "Testicle" or "Prostate" - part of a soft toy series. Baby Wee-wee, My Cleaning Trolley, The Breastfeeding Doll, Pole Dancing Doll, Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 Vibrating Broomstick, Twin Tower Attack toy, God Almighty action doll with AK47, Playmobil Bio-hazard cleanup team play sets, Pregnant Barbie, Playmobil Safecrackers!... I can go on and on. There's enough actual inappropriate toys out there to write a 10 volume psychiatry book on. And you don't have to do any stretching whatsoever.

Is this toy that plays a very small role in the actual Monsters Inc Movie(s) inappropriate for kids? In context. Yes. Very much so. Out of context with a great big fear-mongering banner around it's neck: "They coming for our children!" - Yes, it is appropriate. It's just a toy, from a movie. It becomes inappropriate when adults start pushing their paranoid ideas about the "evil go'ment" down kids' throats. But even then - it's not the toys that are inappropriate - it's the adults. (You failed to answer the question whether you even have kids...) Like in so many occasions Occam's razor rules.

A small request: Next time you come at me with little insulting jabs, please make an effort. If only to make a worthwhile debate. You could've actually convinced some folks that this toy is the personification of sick evil... However, if you can't be bothered, why should anyone else?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My first mission in life isn't arguing rhetorical issues online.

Here is the thing. Here is my opinion. Is that not sufficient for you?

Any tale tells a story and a theme. In this case, the theme is more important.

The story is just a device to introduce a theme. Often, the story can contradict that theme.

This theme introduces some morally questionable subjects.

Does it not?

new topics

top topics

join