It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elisa Lam Death Accidental: LA Coroner

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Elisa Lam Death Accidental: LA Coroner

www.huffingtonpost.ca

The death of Elisa Lam, a 21-year-old B.C. woman whose body was found in a hotel water tank in Los Angeles in February, has been ruled accidental by the Los Angeles County Coroner.

Lieutenant Fred Corral told The Huffington Post B.C. that the cause of death was, "accidental due to drowning, other significant conditions: bipolar disorder."

Lam's body was found in one of four tanks that hold the water supply for the Cecil Hotel almost three weeks after she was reported missing. A worker, who was checking a complaint about low water pressure, discovered Lam's body.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Elisa Lam's autopsy report to be announced this week: Police

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, I guess that's it, people. Case closed. Apparently the police believe one symptom of bipolar disorder is accidentally drowning oneself in a water tank. This announcement does absolutely nothing to quell the mysteries surrounding this young woman's death.

The LAPD and the county's coroner said nothing to explain how the 21-year-old ended up in the tank, only that her death was accidental. Also no comment was made on the investigation or why it took 19 weeks to determine her cause of death.

I understand bipolar disorder is a serious condition that can deeply impact someone's life, but if someone on ATS could enlighten me as to why the police would point to this disorder as significant in her death, I would appreciate it. All thoughts on this case are welcome. Thanks.

www.huffingtonpost.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

I think it's probably just BS to soothe the family because they have no evidence as to what really happened. Even if the girl was bi-polar, how exactly does one "accidentally drown" by going to the roof of a hotel and climbing into a water holding tank? Especially since with the tanks being outside health codes would demand they have a lid that is either latched down or too heavy to come without effort.

I think someone put her in that tank(possibly after drowning her in either her room or someone else's), someone who works in or has knowledge of the hotel was in on it (missing video evidence and got her there unnoticed) and the police have no leads and are tired of messing with it. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Why does this weird mixed feel of powerlessness and understanding creeps up on me when the LA police, and in particular the LA coroners office makes a statement about a dead (celeb) body? I am slowly beginning to believe that these workers are frontline footsoldiers of the illuminati, hollywood branch and are licenced to lie.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not sure if this is helpful, but I remember watching an episode of 1000 ways to die, or maybe it was bones, where two people drowned in a water tank, because they sealed them self in and died of carbon monoxide poisoning. I'm not saying that is what happened here.

Just offering a possible albeit far fetched scenario. Now, Police as people know are not always the smartest of individuals, people are dead on the roof, found after a while, and they most likely still ran around the block a few times, ran up to the roof, and still managed to get their dick stuck in a Ceiling Fan. So... Just saying

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

Yep! that's true.

Also, every Maintenance worker in these hotels now (with water tanks) have had added to their daily routine "check inside water tank, every day" bummer.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

So,. . . they are saying that someone was complaining about low water pressure.. .. ?

Well, I guess my next questions are . . . Were they complaining because they were trying to get a drink of water?. .. . . Or .. because they were trying to take a shower? .. .. .. . In Dead Persons Body Fluids .. . ?

Excuse me while I. .. ..

edit on 20-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yeah this is a load of crap. That coroner was irresponsible and so are the cops that did the 'investigation'. No one cared about this girl. A coverup is clearly obvious just by watching the security video. There's too many holes in this. To blindly believe this lame excuse is to be a fool. LOOK HERE.

After looking around, I found this message board. Many there feel the OP is the killer. This was posted Feb 18.

Translated " Elisa Lam is in hotel water tank, seems no life. Hurry up (to find her)

Go here! xian.mop.com...

www.facebook.com...

edit on 20-6-2013 by soaringhawk because: cause I needed to

edit on 20-6-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
Yeah this is a load of crap. That coroner was irresponsible and so are the cops that did the 'investigation'. No one cared about this girl. A coverup is clearly obvious just by watching the security video. There's too many holes in this. To blindly believe this lame excuse is to be a fool. LOOK HERE.

After looking around, I found this message board. Many there feel the OP is the killer. This was posted Feb 18.

Translated " Elisa Lam is in hotel water tank, seems no life. Hurry up (to find her)

Go here! xian.mop.com...

www.facebook.com...

edit on 20-6-2013 by soaringhawk because: cause I needed to

edit on 20-6-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)
Hold on there...
The Coroners report only says how she died, what it doesn't claim is how she got there (because that's not the Coroners Job). The LAPD is the ones not telling the public about how she got in the tank.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

While I agree with your sentiments on this case, I don't know the Chinese language and can't read the message board you posted. Know any internet tricks that would translate entire webpages for me? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

the police did not point to the bipolar disorder the coroner did, and the coroner is a doctor not a police officer. the coroner said she dies of accidental drowning and a contributing factor was bipolar disorder. i guess the case would have been solved faster if they had but just called or consulted you.
right?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

do you know how to type in the word translate in google search and open google translator and cut and paste what you want translated into the open window? instead of asking someone else to do it for you/
plus the poster of the chinese blog translated it for you on your own thread. holy hysteria batman.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
1st... told ya. (see previous thread)

2nd, the the poster above.. what's your malfunction? that's some rather borderline personal attack speak there, and i question your validity in this discussion. you sound ethnic, non native.. possibly Korean.. (see i can play too)

Now.. we're back at square one. let's think this time, no blinkers.. possibility's open and all that jazz.

EDIT: i think they call it.. "denying ignorance".. or something similar

edit on 21-6-2013 by Xarian6 because: crumpets... oh.. and bacon!!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

the police did not point to the bipolar disorder the coroner did, and the coroner is a doctor not a police officer. the coroner said she dies of accidental drowning and a contributing factor was bipolar disorder. i guess the case would have been solved faster if they had but just called or consulted you.
right?

reply to post by spirited75

Hey genius, check this out from the story:

The death of Elisa Lam, a 21-year-old B.C. woman whose body was found in a hotel water tank in Los Angeles in February, has been ruled accidental by the Los Angeles County Coroner.

Lieutenant Fred Corral told The Huffington Post B.C. that the cause of death was, "accidental due to drowning, other significant conditions: bipolar disorder."

A Lieutenant Fred Corral of the Los Angeles Police Department is quoted with regard to her bipolar disorder. Then, did you see how only the accidental drowning was mentioned by the coroner? What is your point exactly?

As far as your comment about how you think I think the case could have been solved faster with my consultation, no need to be silly. Definitely recommend dropping the snootiness. Thanks.
edit on 21-6-2013 by TruthLover557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Do any of you know people with bipolar? They do not behave like she did. No doubt the amount of time her body was in that tank and exposed to the chlorine would destroy potential evidence such as sperm if she was sexually assaulted. Read the page I linked to. The OP was made on the 18th and said where she is before she was found! To sit here and say it's so cut and dry and that it's done and over with is complete negligence and stupid.

Translate it using Google translate or some other translator. It's not perfect but it's clear enough. Look at the people's comments. Just drag the link to the bottom to translate the whole website. translate.google.com...

xian.mop.com...

reply to post by Guyfriday

No hold on, ruling it accidental is careless and without fact. The cops didn't do a real investigation. So they both suck. The media barely touched it. But if it was some gorgeous " All American" they'd be all over it.
edit on 21-6-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I could believe this if they gave us more info, like where her clothes were found if they were found. I guess she was depressed and wanted to go for a skinny dip in the hotel roof water tank...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Weren't these water tanks on the building very tall? Like way too tall to get in without a ladder? Also it wasn't completely full and had a small opening, so if she got in she would have to know she would die, so it's most likely murder or suicide. They are taking the easy way out.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

There are several videos of the roof and tank available, and after viewing those you can conclude a determined person could get into the tank without a ladder, but unless she wanted to kill herself she wouldn't have gone in there. Being bipolar I guess suicide is an option, but none of her twits or other posting indicate a suicidal mind. It's all very confusing, and without more info like whether the clothes were found we may never know.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I agree this ruling draws many more questions than it answers. The media in Canada had been much better informed than here in the states and misinformation still circulates; mainly on the roof access. There was and is still no locked door to the roof and no working alarm.

Frankly, they look to have done nothing other consult her Tumblr account to draw this conclusion. Whatever happened to something called forensic evidence? I understand that the police will not reveal details and the coroner's office is hassling people who have requested an autopsy report which by law are public domain. Why?

The Police work closely with the Coroner to determine the cause and manner of death. If police have lack of evidence of they cannot rule homicide. To rule it undetermined leaves a door open for further investigation. If this were truly accidental, why did SAR dogs fail to pick up any trace of EL's scent from the rooftop (this implies she was carried out)? IMO, there were so many things that had to be in place like a ladder in front of the tank. Plus knowing how to open a tricky latch cover- this ruling seems implausible. They need to have other evidence like her fingerprints on the tank and ladder. Where is that information?

As for a coroner being a doctor...it is not a requirement, Some do not even have college degrees. For a real eye opener read the following: www.pbs.org...

Not saying this is the case with LA but something you might want to skim over. Again with no hard evidence of an accident, I question why this was not made undetermined?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wasn't the door leading to the roof locked and required a key to open? I swear I remember reading something about that. Another thing that was creepy was the whole Elisa Lam, Lam-Elisa connection. Lam-Elisa is the name of a test that can determine whether or not someone as TB. And there just so happened to be a TB outbreak in the area a few days prior to her arrival at the hotel.

www.biomedcentral.com...

www.mmrp.org...

clinicaltrials.gov...

cvi.asm.org...

If this is true, it's strange. In fact, the entire case is strange.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join