It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your dog does not belong on your lap!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schmirror

Do you mind me asking why you are unable to restrain the dog? Is it to prevent barking?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

Thank you for sharing that story. I hope that those who are unable to see the danger at least give your story some consideration.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

My folks don't have a kennel, crate, carrier, harness, or anything useful for traveling with the small dogs that they've had throughout my life up until now.

She's not a very well trained dog. Her previous owner raised her to be a lazy, pompous *****. She's 15 years, and well, flying through the windshield could really only be a promotion, or improvement to her phsyical, mental, and social demeanor.

(I am half-kidding, just for the record. I do not like nor condone cruelty towards animals). I just really can't see the need for restraining her now. At least, my parents who own and seem to love her completely and unconditionally don't seem to care that she's unrestrained in any given vehicle she transports in.

In anycase, I do believe that restraining your pets in the car is wise. I might be keen to rig a harnes with the leash and seat belt the next time I am summmoned to a shi tzu transport task mission unpossible.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You can get combination harness/high-viz dog-coats for smaller breeds, the ones I've seen are very well designed (The female Pug has several in a variety of colours & patterns.
).

I don't recommend seat-belt harnesses for anything leggy (like my pair)....They seem to have a knack for getting tangled up in them. Better to keep them in the back of an estate (Our mob tend to use Landrovers).

edit on 22-6-2013 by squarehead666 because: clarity

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Right now I live in the middle of nowhere in idaho, and only ever drive with my dogs in the car no more then a half mile from my house, to get to the park. Im just playing devils advocate because I think its funny how mad the OP is.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Yeah I'd guessed!

Appreciate you giving it some thought.....I'm not one to preach, but I reckon my reasoning is fairly sound.

Bit gutted today.....'Hooch' one of the two huge Labradors I mentioned had to be put down and I didn't get chance to say goodbye to him.

EDIT - Just texted my mate (the fella in the picture) to let him know about Hooch.....Turns out that 'Ben' the Cocker Spaniel had to be put down last night too. I knew he was ill (gradual kidney failure) but losing two in a day is devastating.....There's big a hole in the pack.

edit on 25-6-2013 by squarehead666 because: More Bad News

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

coolbeans ... i'll just sit on her next time.
that will hold her in place!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

dogs in cars bothers me less than people who don't pick up their dog's excrement when they take their pets out for walks. or don't have the decency to keep their dog from doing it's business in a neighbor's yard.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join