It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your dog does not belong on your lap!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My man got tired of me ranting about it, so I am taking my frustration out on here.
I hate it when people drive with their dogs on their lap.
You are putting yourself, your dog, and other drivers in danger when you drive with your dog on your lap.
I have seen you many people almost get into an accident because their dog is squirming or jumps up to put its paws on the steering wheel. How do you steer with the later? I see people all the time who can't see because they are trying to look over their dogs shoulder.
Don't even get me started on the people who have a dog on their lap at the same time they are talking on their cell phone.
You may think that it is cute and that you are a loving pet owner but in reality it makes you an irresponsible pet owner by putting your pets life in danger. If you get hit, or hit something, what do you think the air bag is going to do to your 15 pound pooch?
Why one earth do people think this is ok? Please secure your dog in a different seat for the safety of us all!
edit on 20-6-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Here, here!

Everyone knows that the correct usage of a dog travelling in a vehicle is the following...

...and no, the funky eyewear is not optional.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

That gets on my nerves as well, especially when you see a lot of these lap dogs squished in the road because they either went Kamikaze out the window or just fell out when the driver swerved or hit the brakes too quickly! When my dog rides in the car he sits in the back seat, and the window on the passenger side is open only far enough for him to poke his nose out to sniff everything (big dog). Driving with any pet in your lap is a hazard to yourself and to other drivers- put them in the back or leave them at home!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
what kind of ##snipped## even lets a dog in the front of a car thats what the boot is for and as for plebs who use a cell/mobile phone while driving or putting on makeup while driving phone the cops then watch them get shot/tassered /beaten

edit on Thu Jun 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Where is this?

I live in the UK, you would get stopped by the police straight away if you did that here...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Very true! Many people don't think about debris getting in their dogs eyes.

@Littled16, it breaks my heart to think of the dogs that have been killed by such irresponsibility. A scared dog isn't going to think about the dangers of jumping out of a moving vehicle, it is the owners responsibility to keep their dog safe. Most dogs love ridding in the car, and it is mandatory for trips to the vet and other places but there is a clear right and wrong way to travel with your dog. It sounds like you are doing it right

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

agreed no dog on ya lap while driving, here in oz you will cop a $250 fine for unsecured dog, and the fine is gonna rise...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Where is this?

I live in the UK, you would get stopped by the police straight away if you did that here...

I am in California, but I have seen this in other states in the U.S. as well. It is against the law, but I never see people stopped for it.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

agreed no dog on ya lap while driving, here in oz you will cop a $250 fine for unsecured dog, and the fine is gonna rise...
thats rrrough justice man

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It is the law in Michigan to have your dog in car device especially made for them.

I have a canvas covered bucket type contraption, lined with imitation sheep wool, and seat belted to the car. This device is specially made for my small dog. The dog is secured safely, with a leash type device attached to the collar. My little Pomeranian, Tinker, goes for a ride everyday in his little bucket. He loves it, and I feel better knowing that it is not only legal, but my baby is safe and secure for his daily outing in the car.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have 2 dogs on my lap while driving. It is dangerous, but i'm not gonna stop. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
I have 2 dogs on my lap while driving. It is dangerous, but i'm not gonna stop. Sorry.
are you for real
people like you would be better walking and safer

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
...my cousin took a photo on a highway here in Australia last week...
the speed limit was 100kmp/h, and the photo was of a woman driving... while FEEDING A BIRD. The bird was sitting on her steering wheel.

...crazy stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

prolly. land of the free though.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

This really bothers me too. It's potentially dangerous for everyone involved, including the pet. Some people are really irresponsible.

One time I was driving on the freeway and saw this small dog running back and forth trying to avoid traffic. I was wondering how in the hell it got out in the middle of a busy, dangerous freeway. Up ahead I see a parked car with the driver window down and the driver looking around not quite sure what to do.

Now, I didn't see it, I can't prove it--but I have a feeling their little lap dog hopped out the window while driving.

edit on 20-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here's why they should not be in the front!

I'm a truck driver.
My best mate (Mr Dog) used to travel everywhere with me. One day as I drove past an army practice area they let rip with some rifles. Mr Dog lept straight into my footwell head firtst

The footwell in a truck only has enough room for the drivers legs and as Mr Dog was now head first and wedged between my legs I could not reach the pedals

I grabbed him by the scruff of the neck to pull him back out but he fought to get further down into the well. I had to coast to a halt because the hand break on trucks is like a switch, its either full on, or full off.

He'd travelled with me for about ten years and that was the only time I ever had a problem, but it DID happen. So I agree with the OP - Doggies in the back please!

As for the moile phone users, they should be made to eat them when caught

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator

Until you get rear ended and you air bag kills them.

I take it you would drive with a toddler on your lap too? Please show your pets more regard for their lives.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Until you get rear ended and you air bag kills them.

I take it you would drive with a toddler on your lap too? Please show your pets more regard for their lives.

I couldn't agree more. Sadly, people have a right to do dumb, irresponsible things with living creatures

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Accidents do happen when drivers let their dogs sit on their laps while driving. You can get a ticket for not wearing your seat belt, but this dangerous habit is ok? Here's an accident that happened not too long ago...

SUV Crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Cell phones are dangerous to use while driving in most cases. Although distracting, at least a phone isn't sentient and somewhat unpredictable like an animal is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join