It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA State is about to remove social safety nets

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow, I'm in WA and IT contracting is what pays my bills (when my art pays bills I'll tell tech jobs to shove it, until then).

It's odd because my field has me on UI every other year or so, I have worked with Worksource alot, and over the last several years they have expanded the operation to accommodate the amount of people unemployed in this city. The location in North Seattle is so big it's got almost an entire floor in a college and it's own parking lot. Yet my mandatory meeting has me answering intensely simple Qs like do you know how to write resume to attract employers??? Silly stuff when you actually look at my resume and the fact I've worked for 3 major top blue chip companies. I test major hw/sw products but these companies don't think quality control is worthy of local employment and wages anymore (Partially thanks to WTO since that's when these jobs started disappearing in this state in my current field, and now is almost entirely gone to China and India. The big 3 I've worked for all send IT jobs to these countries now)

The current NW tech industry and it's policies on limited time contracts makes unemployment benefits a relative topic. Thanks OP. I felt the need to share my local perspective on this, because that's all it is.

edit on 21-6-2013 by Aliquandro because: must be specific

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join