It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Rod for the Disobedient" - Wife Beating in Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I watched the whole thing and found it to be unnecessary .

Here is a much better video of how some other muslims do it .

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

They probably suffer Battered Wife Syndrome. When you get abused enough you begin to identify with your torturer, may even come to believe you deserve the abuse and empathize with them. In the end it leaves you so screwed up in the head you won't know up from down. It's an aggressive type of brainwashing technique, ofcourse in western women they are more likely to shoot their husband if they have children and the children become the target of the abuse.

I grew up in an abusive single parent home (father) after my parents divorced, but before he started in on me I used to see him smack my mom around, and although I forgive him, 20 years later I am still dealing with the issues caused from it. It's an effect that will probably leave me scarred for life.
edit on 21-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Judgement much? The avatar is me and one of the many things I do is teach dance and movement that celebrates feminine movement to women who have been severely abused both physically and emotionally.

They are pretty damn "broken" when I meet them and the volunteer work I give my time and extensive background in dance in many styles to truly has transformative and healing powers in many ways! It allows them to build self confidence, to laugh, to trust within a safe female only environment, and to realize their worth and beauty again.

I have seen that "kicked dog" look in the eyes of too many women and seen their physical and emotional scars to ever accept that there is EVER a justification for abuse.Religious-based dogma included.

It's apparent to me as an educated and experienced person that a woman's sexuality is indeed a "threat" throughout history to those who would seek to control by their teachings and treatments.

I also have taught disabled female members of the military who have rewarded me with tears of gratitude as they regain strength and confidence.

My "moral compass" pretty much points to a higher ground that sure doesn't include judgement or an assumption that women who dance are somehow flawed...

Some quotes deserve flags instead of stars. This is one of them.

I'll treasure it.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Thank you. Honestly...., I don't want to watch more videos about this sick practice.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Did you watch the video? The guy showed the sticks to show how wrong they are!!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by 23432

Thank you. Honestly...., I don't want to watch more videos about this sick practice.

Some girls want a little smack or two on the bottom sometimes .

Fatima was a mazohist and she was married to Abdul who was a sadist
She would beg him all day ; " Hit me , Hit me hard " she would say ;
Abdul would reply ; " Nooooo , I won't ".

Watch the video if you have the time , it will show you a different view of what you are looking at .

edit on 21-6-2013 by 23432 because: add

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Edit. Nevermind, was finally able to watch the video (something is wrong with Chrome) and was surprised to find out he was speaking out against domestic violence.

Derp@myself.

The only reason any man would want to hit a woman, the only reason that situation would even come up, is because the man isn't being a man, or a boyfriend, or worse, a husband, like he's supposed to be. When a man isn't playing the role of a man, and is acting like a spoiled little boy, of course he's going to get violent. It's because he's probably got mommy issues to begin with.
edit on 21-6-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by Trueman

Edit. Nevermind, was finally able to watch the video (something is wrong with Chrome) and was surprised to find out he was speaking out against domestic violence.

Derp@myself.

The only reason any man would want to hit a woman, the only reason that situation would even come up, is because the man isn't being a man, or a boyfriend, or worse, a husband, like he's supposed to be. When a man isn't playing the role of a man, and is acting like a spoiled little boy, of course he's going to get violent. It's because he's probably got mommy issues to begin with.

violence is wrong, but say I came home to find my wife having sex with another man (in this example say I am the best husband in the world, and the wife is just a bit of a selfish bitch)- you may feel the urge to punch one or other of them, not saying it is right, but I could understand it in that context (same goes if a woman caught her man cheating)

I personally have never hit a woman but have been hit by 3 different women

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The dude is sitting there with a collection of what amounts to big sticks, telling us how to discipline family members!

Where i come from hitting anyone with a big stick amounts to serious assault and endangerment of life with a weapon. This will get you between 5 to 7 years in the nick.

Seriously these people need to be removed from society! And if there society is in agreement with such antiquated draconian measures, then said society needs to be removed from the Earth.

The day any man has to resort to hitting anybody most especially there wife or kids with a weapon is a sad, sad day IMHO. Any man who resorts to such an act is clearly sick in the head as is any religion that promotes such cowardice.

No ifs no buts no coconuts!

edit on 21-6-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Did you watch the video? The guy showed the sticks to show how wrong they are!!

let us listen to what the prophet muhammad has to say on the matter, and on women's rights in general.

You have rights over your wives and they have rights over you. You have the right that they should not defile your bed and that they should not behave with open unseemliness. If they do, God allows you to put them in separate rooms and to beat them but not with severity. If they refrain from these things, they have the right to their food and clothing with kindness. Lay injunctions on women kindly, for they are prisoners with you having no control of their own persons. (Guillaume’s translation, p. 651)

www.answering-islam.org...

so according to muhammad, a man has the right to beat his wife, not feed her, and lock her up. women have the right to food and clothes ONLY if they obey their husbands. after all, women are prisoners with no control over their own person.

oh, but make sure the beating and imprisonment isn't "cruel".

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
The dude is sitting there with a collection of what amounts to big sticks, telling us how to discipline family members!

Where i come from hitting anyone with a big stick amounts to serious assault and endangerment of life with a weapon. This will get you between 5 to 7 years in the nick.

Seriously these people need to be removed from society! And if there society is in agreement with such antiquated draconian measures, then said society needs to be removed from the Earth.

They are sick in the head. No ifs no buts no coconuts!

how about watching the video before making an opinion?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

"how about watching the video before making an opinion?"

How about not assuming that i didn't watch the vid? LoL

They are talking about hitting people with sticks, there is no correct way of doing that! Or am I missing something?

The implication is that there is somehow a correct fashion of disciplining your wife and kids with a weapon as long as you don't mark there face!

THIS IS BAD! LoL

I know where I would shove said stick!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This must be a young crowd. We are only about 60 years removed from when giving your wife a bearing wasn't even cause for the cops to show up. But they're Muslim so why let a thing like facts get in the way of a good hating?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by Trueman

Derp@myself.

violence is wrong, but say I came home to find my wife having sex with another man (in this example say I am the best husband in the world, and the wife is just a bit of a selfish bitch)- you may feel the urge to punch one or other of them, not saying it is right, but I could understand it in that context (same goes if a woman caught her man cheating)

I personally have never hit a woman but have been hit by 3 different women

It is pretty sad that social norms dictate that a woman can hit a man, for whatever reason they see fit, in their mind, yet a man can not defend himself under attack.

Women want equality yet won't do the yards.

Makes the whole thread seem pointless really.

Maybe you are just a pussy. Maybe you have been unfortunate to know trashy women.

Maybe you watched cross dressing cartoons

Not sure but there is a long way to go before true equality becomes the norm.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This must be a young crowd. We are only about 60 years removed from when giving your wife a bearing wasn't even cause for the cops to show up. But they're Muslim so why let a thing like facts get in the way of a good hating?

what "fact"- what do you want them to do, hop in a time machine?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Maybe you are just a pussy. Maybe you have been unfortunate to know trashy women.

one was in a "pack" attack, was getting jumped by 4 blokes then their wench came and gave me a nice boot to the balls

other was because I was snogging some woman and my girlfriend came in and caught me- I gave her that one, had a wee chuckle about it

Actually, only 2 times, dunno where 3 came from

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It's called progress mate!

Something these dudes sadly lack IMHO.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

what "fact"- what do you want them to do, hop in a time machine?

If you took the time to, oh, I don't know, THINK, it would have been obvious. We're trashing these people for what we did not 3 generations ago. Hypocrisy. Did that spell it out enough?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join