It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Rod for the Disobedient" - Wife Beating in Islam

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"Today, we discuss discipline in the family..." *whips out three, 8-foot sticks*

I lol'd. Hilarious. This Muslim caveman sh!t is hilarious. This video should be categorized as comedy.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Well, for a start there's 'THOU SHALT NOT KILL'......

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by steaming

But the Bible also tells believers to kill witches and pregnant women, and encourages people to bash Babylonian children's brains out against a wall. I give you chapter and verse above. How does that all fit with 'thou shalt not kill'?

edit on 23/6/13 by Astyanax because: of smiting.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by steaming

But the Bible also tells believers to kill witches and pregnant women, and encourages people to bash Babylonian children's brains out against a wall. I give you chapter and verse above. How does that all fit with 'thou shalt not kill'?

edit on 23/6/13 by Astyanax because: of smiting.

Still have people trying to divert the thread against christians. The thread is not about that. The thread is about a video and what those guys show and tell in front a camera on tv.

I didn't invent the name "The Rod for the Disobedient", those are his own words. That is how they call it. WONDER WHY??
edit on 23-6-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
I noticed that he said that the rod was for the huband to wife and vise versa have you ever heard of a woman beating her husband in this religion?

Islam actually gives permission to wife to have her husband beaten by other men .
If a husband is abusive , wife can have her cousins , brothers or even a stranger to go and beat the husband .
There would be no punishment for wife .

edit on 23-6-2013 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
To users who think that the humanity(marriages) ought to be violence free .
Nice sentiment but totally unrealistic and it overlooks the nature of human kind.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Any man who would beat his wife should always remember this...
1.The wife cooks your meals.
2.You do have to sleep sometime.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Trueman

Any man who would beat his wife should always remember this...
1.The wife cooks your meals.
2.You do have to sleep sometime.

Wife usually stabs the husband in the gut while the girlfriend will shish kebab the guy between the shoulder blades .

I didn't hit any of my women even when they lost me a fortune.
My women on the other hand made bleed profusely thanks to her nails.
It was the only timein all those years where I won an argument and she lost one .

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Islam actually gives permission to wife to have her husband beaten by other men .

And that is wrong too. That makes it worse.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by 23432

And that is wrong too. That makes it worse.

And that what you are engaged in doing has a name : [ Feminisation of Rationale Thought Process ] , that is what it is called .
Everybody except those who like it would want violence free relationships in their lives, muslims are no exception.
If I opened up a thread and titled " Women are worst killers " and if I put up these examples of women killing innocent babies so that I can use it to extrapolate a foregone conclusion to support my initial thoughts then I would of also have been engaged in [ Feminisation of Rationale Thought Process ] .

Newborn baby boy is rescued ALIVE from drain under courtyard after 40 hours: Mother 'who could not afford abortion' is arrested by Spanish police

Obviously I am not going to go anywhere near that silly notion .

You are displaying a Utopian Desire,admirable as it might be, it bears no relation to reality .

As long as human beings are what they are , there will be violence in their nature . How they express these violent feelings is the question .
One last note , I see that you still have not replied with any comments to my video on this thread .
I suppose you haven't got the time to sit for 40 minutes . Pity really , it would of corrected your misconceptions .

edit on 23-6-2013 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Still have people trying to divert the thread against christians.

No-one is trying to divert your thread. When anti-Islamic Christian bigots start prating about how evil the Koran is, it is obligatory for any lover of truth to point out that their own holy book has much, much worse things in it than the Koran. The actual point is that decent people, like the men in the video you posted, find ways to transcend the wickedness that exists in every religion. Muslims and Christians both do that.

Unfortunately, religious bigots – like the ones enjoying a sweaty and breathless session of mutual gratification on this thread – exist in all religions, and are exactly the same in all religions too.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to wash my hands.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately its not bigots who bring to everyones attention the abuses and crimes in Islam states, by the way, propped up by Saudi, CIA and the Brotherhood, Not the Moderate Islam state that should be in existence, with equal laws for all. Its idealists and those who have a lot of compassion for everyone on this planet. Bigots just ignore the plight of others, for they think the other group deserves all the suffering they're getting because they're different than they are.

Our bible is ancient. Our laws are not based on it save the 10 commandments, the thou shalt not harm litany is the basis for common law. Oh, and the only thing that is similar to it is found in the Egyptian book of the dead. The part about God isn't required for common law however. Just the thou shalt not rape, murder steal or harm.

This horrendous primitive thing is going to end, we're going to upgrade this planet, and when enough are aware of what needs to be done they will start to respond by getting community groups going, making governments listen, and form alternative medias in print, and they will no longer support anyone who either props up fascist or theocracies, that abuse people, Or support war and starvation measures in the world as well.

This world is growing up, not going backwards.

Again Christians don't live the primitive past of the old testament. Those things are criminal.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It is only bigots who make this kind of thing their business. Why should it matter so much to you what people do in Saudi Arabia? You don't live there. You don't know the first thing about the place – you know about an image you have watched on television. Why not simply mind your own business?

People in the West talk of the threat of Islamic terrorism, but that threat only exists today because of Western meddling in the lives of Islamic peoples. Unfortunately it's about a hundred years too late to put that right, but hating Muslims and Islam is not going to make things better. Neither is further and more intensive meddling, which you were advocating a few posts earlier in the thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Its only BIGGOTS that make abuse and crimes against others, women and children and even minorities, such as homosexuals, for example, AN ISSUE.

Talk about turning things things topsy turvey.

Biggots don't care about anyone.

GOOD PEOPLE CARE ABOUT EVERYONE AND WILL WORK FOR ALL THINGS TO BE REVEALED AND ALL PEOPLE TO GROW IN AWARENESS AND GROW UP AND START TO MANAGE THEIR GOVERNMENTS BETTER SO THAT WE CAN ACTUALLY RESCUE ALL PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD.

SAVVY?

THAT IS BEING ANGELIC.

DEMONS DON"T CARE.

MIND YOU OWN BUISNESS APPLIES TO THINGS THAT AREN'T OTHERS CONCERN, LIKE THE LAWS THAT MAKE CRIMES OUT OF NATURAL SEEDS OF THE EARTH OR WHERE YOU HANG YOUR LAUNDRY OR HOW MANY HOMES YOU HAVE ON YOUR FARM. THAT IS WHERE THAT APPLIES.

IT DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY ASSAULT, ABUSE OR CRIMES AGAINST ANYONE ON EARTH HOWEVER BUDDY!

Underscored TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
edit on 23-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Its only BIGGOTS that make abuse and crimes against others, women and children and even minorities, such as homosexuals, for example, AN ISSUE.

Not generally true, although it is in the context of this thread, where anti-Muslim bigots are justifying their hatred of Islam by belabouring certain verses in the Koran, parading crimes and abuses committed by Muslims against Muslims, and so on. Clearly such abuses are real – every society is plagued by them, not just Islamic ones – but they are no justification for hating anybody, demanding that their countries and homes be invaded, their women and children separated from them, etc. That is just brutality and aggression. Your self-righteous anger does not justify it. It doesn't even justify your propensity for minding other people's business. That, my good lady, is bigotry. Kindly note the spelling.

By the way, your caps lock key appears to be stuck.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

One more time

The video is right there and there is nothing you can do about it. Sorry for exposing the ugly side of that religion, I would do the same for any other religion. Actually, here is one of my threads. There you'll see how I went "Full Throttle" against the previous Pope....., and I'm christian.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Accept the facts presented takes integrity.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

"The organization's translations are regularly quoted by major international newspapers, and its work has generated strong criticism and praise. Critics have accused MEMRI of producing inaccurate, unreliable translations with undue emphasis and selectivity in translating and disseminating the most extreme views from Arabic and Persian media, which portray the Arab and Muslim world in a negative light, while ignoring moderate views that are often found in the same media outlets. Other critics charge that while MEMRI does sometimes translate pro-US or pro-democracy voices in the regional media, it systematically leaves out intelligent criticism of Western-style democracy, US and Israeli policy and secularism"

Do we have any Arab speaking members here wo can actually confirm what this guy is saying ?!

I mean, look at another video that MEMRI has "translated"

Link

Same guy in it, talking about animal sex

Sounds like bollocks to me.
Another funny thing, MEMRI have disabled all user comments for their vdeos on Youtube, i wonder why

edit on 24-6-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

The video is right there and there is nothing you can do about it.

There is nothing I need to do about it. It is your misrepresentation of the video as some kind of cruelty-to-women instruction manual that needs to be exposed and demolished.

Sorry for exposing the ugly side of that religion, I would do the same for any other religion.

In fact, you have exposed the better self of humanity. That would be laudable, if you were not trying to smear it with obloquy.

Actually, here is one of my threads. There you'll see how I went "Full Throttle" against the previous Pope....., and I'm christian.

Yet obviously not a Roman Catholic from your performance in that thread. So you're trying to excuse yourself with an anti-papal hate thread? You hate Catholicism as well as Islam, and you think that makes you a better person?

edit on 24/6/13 by Astyanax because: of

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Just now popping in, but I've read through the entire thread.

23432, the vid you posted is interesting - but it only represents a TINY population of a particular "sort" of Muslims.

I think the problems we in the West have in understanding Islam is due to the fact that we expect a united "people" to have leaders that ALL AGREE, and clearly in Islam, they don't have that.

People likewise say that the "terrorists" are only a TINY population of Muslims. It is a foreign culture AND mindset to ours, and I think we WANT to understand it, but we aren't finding anything to latch onto to quell our misgivings - there's just too much variety, even among the Muslims themselves they hate 'each other' for being a sunni or shiite or wahabbi (Saudis) and have no cohesion that we can recognize.

So, to us it's just chaos and impossible to get a grasp on, and that is unnerving.

In my opinion, the global "connectivity" and exposure we now have to one another's cultures and beliefs are a HUGE turning point. We as a species have gone past the point where "Jew", "Christian", "Muslim" is enough for us to have a grasp on one another's worldviews.

"What KIND of Jew, or Christian, or Muslim are you?" is the more pertinent question. How are we to know, when meeting a [person of another background or culture] for the first time, what to expect? I've tried to get a handle on the difference between the "sects" of Islam (which fight one another as much as decry "the West") and have gotten NO CLEAR ANSWER. Certainly not for lack of trying. They can't provide us (so far) with any "majority" practice to calm our worries. Are we simply to say, "But are you a real Muslim [or Christian or Jew]?" (nudge nudge wink wink)

That doesn't work, and it will never work, as long as there are informational outlets that give disparate "facts" as "real."

We don't know who to trust.
edit on 24-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

but guess because the u.s is a christian country its ok to overlook and write off domestic violence there ...

NO, THE USA is NOT a "christian country", and shame on you if you as an expat describe it as such wherever in Asia it happens to be that you chose to emigrate (desert). The US is certainly not sweeping domestic abuse under the rug.

I, too, would like to expatriate myself - unfortunately I am here due to obligations and limitations that require me to stay and make the best of it (I would not, however, go to Asia). So, I must work tirelessly and be outspoken against the abuse that goes on EVERYWHERE. It is criminal in the USA to abuse, neglect, keep captive, or withhold basic human rights.

If Sharia courts are just as 'variable' as Islam, then NO SHARIA COURT has it "right" or "real." Likewise, no "Christian" sect has it "right" or "real," though many people claim they are "real Christians" and condemn other "Christians" to hell on a daily basis.

Civil law should be applied everywhere. Religious courts that do not "recognize" civil law, or IMPOSE their laws on ALL IN THE LAND (theocracies) are to be avoided.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join