It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Rod for the Disobedient" - Wife Beating in Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What comment can you make after watching a video like this one? I mean, what is wrong with these people????

I'm afraid to make further comments, since I don't know if islam girls are ok with that.

edit on 20-6-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Where can you learn more about this 'Islam'?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by Trueman

I just can't wait for muslim replies to this thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Is this a spoof or an actual learning tool for men, not even going to watch it. Disgusting either way in my books. Can you provide some background to what is shown?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by Trueman

I just can't wait for muslimns replies to this thread.

How about a reply from one who knows ALL organized religion is a lie?
While there are some who would debate the proper rod with which to beat their wife/daughter/goat...
There are christians who will not eat shellfish and ponder murdering their kids for disobedience.
What's even more funny, the jews believe they are the master race!!

But you kids go ahead and beat each other about the head and neck, the sooner you kill each other off, the better off the rest of us sane people will be!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
Is this a spoof or an actual learning tool for men, not even going to watch it. Disgusting either way in my books. Can you provide some background to what is shown?

I can't. It's unspeakable. Anyway, you wouldn't believe me. You need to watch it.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I respect your opinion, but this thread is about specific information offered in that video.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Before taking this glorious piece of entertainment too far, it should be mentioned that MEMRI is the Israeli propoganda organisation that selectively translates material from Arabic etc to eg English. It is run by the Israeli Intelligence Agency under the auspices of General Yigal Carmon who was adviser to both the Labour and Likud Governments - despite being well funded and an extensive promotion it is not to be trusted especially on political matters because of the deliberate Jewish slant.

I would very much like to see the Talmud teachings brought to light as the Islamic ones have been, because that also likes to deal with women in a similar way. Hypocrites or what?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
Before taking this glorious piece of entertainment too far, it should be mentioned that MEMRI is the Israeli propoganda organisation that selectively translates material from Arabic etc to eg English. It is run by the Israeli Intelligence Agency under the auspices of General Yigal Carmon who was adviser to both the Labour and Likud Governments - despite being well funded and an extensive promotion it is not to be trusted especially on political matters because of the deliberate Jewish slant.

I would very much like to see the Talmud teachings brought to light as the Islamic ones have been, because that also likes to deal with women in a similar way. Hypocrites or what?

Haha......, that's the kind of reply I was waiting for. Thank you. You might be right ( not sure)

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) is a United States not for profit[1] press monitoring organization with headquarters located in Washington, DC. MEMRI was co-founded in 1998 by Yigal Carmon, a former colonel in the Israeli military intelligence and Meyrav Wurmser, an Israeli-born, American political scientist.[1] MEMRI states that its goal is to "bridge the language gap that exists between the Middle East and the West." It publishes and distributes free English language translations of material from Arabic, Persian, Urdu-Pashtu, and Turkish media, and publishes analyses and reports. MEMRI offers specialized content for a fee.[2] Critics charge that it aims to portray the Arab and Muslim world in a negative light, through the production and dissemination of inaccurate translations and through selectivity in choosing extreme views to publicize.

en.wikipedia.org...

But still want a muslim member debunking the translation. Also, those sticks look real, think they use them with the sheeps and goats?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I watched the first half of the video.

These guys are Not advocating violence to women. They are saying the rod must only be used in extreme circumstances and Never to hurt the woman. ( Like a woman cheating on the husband and the wife doesn't want to solve the problem with dialog - a situation where the marriage becomes unbearable ) They say you never use the big rods for this purpose. They say there is a difference between harsh beatings which harm and cause wounds and non harsh beatings that are designed to only harm the skin and ones pride..

Just like many American's spank their children.

If it's true as reported then i dont see anything wrong with it.. heck I spank my woman 3 times a week for bedtime fun.. it stings her bottom red. Thats not the same as violence.

The thing here is - is this show put on just to pacify the American audience or proponents of woman's rights - or do they really believe they can use these rods for violence that harms?
edit on 20-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I watched the first half of the video.

I don't believe you.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I believe this is where the expression 'rule of thumb' stems from when in times past it was considered acceptable and was indeed lawful for a man to beat his wife with a rod so long as that rod was no thicker than his thumb. Kudos to the poster who advocated sexy funtime bedroom spanking.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I know there is peaceful muslim families and marriages where husband and wife are treating each other equal. But the majority of muslim believers takes Quran literally ( as it should be according to Quran ) specially in middle east and this domestic violence is everyday fact and not at all as this commentator suggest.. that is only to beautify their own country and accusing US for their numbers. Pretty much similar to what Iranian president said that they do not have homosexuals ( they hang them ) and doomed US as having them.. etc etc..

What really upsets is that there is no rights for women ( you cant say they have rights when there is need of two woman voice over one if legal matter ) they are property like a dogs, goats and automobiles like in that comparison there.. How can modern man compare woman to property like a car when man has a steering wheel to ? This is outrageous ! ok i forgot this is not a modern society.

More "unspoken" "hidden" wife beatings
Warning dont look you might not like what you see

edit on 20-6-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

What pi$$ me off more is the idea that maybe women like that one are convinced that they deserve to be punished by the husband.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Its naive to think that domestic violence does not exist in the Arab world. I read that a centre for women fleeing domestic violence had been set up in the United Arab Emirates and I expect they exist elsewhere.

I do like the idea of whopping someone with a hanky - its a hoot and its not unkind. You can see hubby and wife arguing - as we do and him producing...... the hanky...... and them both forgetting the row and falling about laughing.

I've had a lot of Arab students in the past and when talking in the garden in the evenings I honestly have never heard violence advocated as in the video. They certainly argue but I did notice a degree of respect towards parents and wives.

Obviously when discussing religion we had very different views but in the main I didn't get the feeling with any of the men that they were fanatical or with some even that bothered about observing strict obedience. I actually left my religious roots well behind when the local Church went fundamentalist. It was a long time ago but I remember something like the 'Toronto' (or some Canadian City) 'Experience' when suddenly people such as the local Estate Agent were hit by the holy spirit and ended up prone on the floor. It seemed to me to be a competition to see who coulod hit the floor first. I had quite enough of that and left. Fundamentalism is a horrid thing because the 'holier than thou brigade' puff themselves up and a hotline to God gives many obnoxious airs and graces.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

They are brainwashed ever since they were born to believe that.. its sad

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

More eduacation there is in the family less there are domestic violence. I believe the majority of these families where violence occurs are very poor.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by Shiloh7

More eduacation there is in the family less there are domestic violence. I believe the majority of these families where violence occurs are very poor.

That is very likely correct although the recent high profile and very public Saatchi/Lawson incident would call that statement into some question.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

What? Dude.. if you dont see those same things I saw in the video then you need to watch it again. They are In There. Anyone on this forum can confirm this - why would i lie?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by Trueman

What? Dude.. if you dont see those same things I saw in the video then you need to watch it again. They are In There. Anyone on this forum can confirm this - why would i lie?

If it's true as reported then i dont see anything wrong with it.

It's wrong man, it's wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join