It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Need the MSM To Confirm What They Already Know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Why is it that when the MSM finally confirms what conspiracy theorists have known for years people go crazy?

Look how many threads there are on Eric Snowden more recently, or the HSBC money laundering scandal last year, things that have been common knowledge to the 'conspiracy' crowd.

Is it like a final confirmation? On the one hand we don't trust the MSM because it is controlled yet people rely on it for confirmation, like a golden seal of approval before they accept something?

We have known for a while everything is monitored and that the big banks launder money for the drug cartels, so why do people react like it is new information when the MSM is forced to actually acknowledge information that has been known about for quite some time?

We're 'awake' and not like the 'sheeple', yet the front page of this site is often loaded with MSM sources confirming 'theories' that have been around for years. It's kind of confusing when one links an alternative media website and is laughed at because of the source, as though the MSM is the one to be trusted...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Well a lot of it is due to you crazy conspiracists

You keep raising awareness.

So next time someone goes bonkers because of what MSM has told them... raise an eyebrow and do that gesture of " I told ya so"

Ok fair enough conspiracy theorists are largely prejudiced against and are discriminately tarred into one big group. But their is a large amount of excellent work done by some of them.

I applaud sites like ATS and the members of such sites.

Keep up the good work of raising awareness

Something more to add:

We're 'awake' and not like the 'sheeple', yet the front page of this site is often loaded with MSM sources confirming 'theories' that have been around for years. It's kind of confusing when one links an alternative media website and is laughed at because of the source, as though the MSM is the one to be trusted...

So what do you suggest a peer reviewed conspiracy society?

Raising awareness, encouraging critical thinking and doing your own research will do

Some people just need wake up signs sometimes I guess.
edit on 20-6-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think it is because we are hammered so much with "false" info and things like "this is how it goes" that we often start questioning ourselves and our own logic!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

So next time someone goes bonkers because of what MSM has told them... raise an eyebrow and do that gesture of " I told ya so"

Ok fair enough conspiracy theorists are largely prejudiced against and are discriminately tarred into one big group. But their is a large amount of excellent work done by some of them.

I agree with your points

I just find it curious that MSM sources revealing the truth gets so much attention, especially given we know the MSM is controlled.

It kind of shows to me that we are still sheep because ATS shows we collectively pretty much cover what they want us to cover.

Threads that aren't 'current' are for the most part ignored around here.

This dynamic can be linked to any coming 'American Revolution vol 2', we need to remember all revolutions have been orchestrated by those running the show from behind the scenes. We think we are awake yet are easily manipulated into following the crowd without even realising it.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
People, in general, tend to need an "official" confirmation on something before it can be solidly legitimated in their minds. Most think that official sources are by some strange way obligated to give accurate information. As if there is unknown force that holds journalism to higher standard than an average person, therefore makes them immune to corruption, naivety, and bias.The conspiracy field doesn't help itself with a lot of nonsensical ideas that are toted as absolute truth, and in some cases are subjected to those same influences of corruption, naivety, and bias as official journalism would be, if not more.A lack of critical thinking is in abundance all around.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by RAY1990

I agree with your points

I just find it curious that MSM sources revealing the truth gets so much attention, especially given we know the MSM is controlled.

It kind of shows to me that we are still sheep because ATS shows we collectively pretty much cover what they want us to cover.

Threads that aren't 'current' are for the most part ignored around here.

This dynamic can be linked to any coming 'American Revolution vol 2', we need to remember all revolutions have been orchestrated by those running the show from behind the scenes. We think we are awake yet are easily manipulated into following the crowd without even realising it.

Yeah I somewhat agree, it's down to the nature of how information is spread why MSM is still regarded "highly" in society. It's arguable that the printing press is one of man's greatest achievements. The power it held in manipulating what people thought was huge. The internet is beginning to counter that kind of control on a scale unprecedented in history.

Before to find alternative news that would be considered conspiracy you would have to buy "underground magazines" I heard.

Which itself could easily manipulate just like the internet.

I can agree with you on what you say about this site too and how we can be coralled to certian lines of thought, at the same time though I could argue the point that public view/thought is a lot like a torrent, and ATS has to flow with that torrent as much as it can while maintaining it's conspiracy head
Otherwise it would be penniless and broke because it would lose a lot of traffic on the internet.

I admit I have missed a lot of threads on ATS that I would consider gold but the system in place if used properly is pretty good IMHO... except the search bar

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
1---Why is it that when the MSM finally confirms what conspiracy theorists have known for years people go crazy?

2--Look how many threads there are on Eric Snowden more recently, or the HSBC money laundering scandal last year, things that have been common knowledge to the 'conspiracy' crowd.

3--Is it like a final confirmation? On the one hand we don't trust the MSM because it is controlled yet people rely on it for confirmation, like a golden seal of approval before they accept something?

4--We have known for a while everything is monitored and that the big banks launder money for the drug cartels, so why do people react like it is new information when the MSM is forced to actually acknowledge information that has been known about for quite some time?

5--We're 'awake' and not like the 'sheeple', yet the front page of this site is often loaded with MSM sources confirming 'theories' that have been around for years. It's kind of confusing when one links an alternative media website and is laughed at because of the source, as though the MSM is the one to be trusted...

agreeable points.

1. denial and shame..paradigm shifting.. watershed moment where people who tried to lie to theirselves that nothing nefarious was going on because "life is easier this way". like knowing a mate cheating still isnt like catching in the act.. watch tv show 'cheaters' for this psych anal.

2. yes many articles, and they sound like the same guy writing all the scripts (MSM)

3. the sheeple majority-- they are the ones the psych programming in elem school worked on. Remember back when stuff would happen and you'd look around perplexed and others would be oblivious..it is BAAAAAD(sheep bah'ing) to "make waves"..here baby boomers this one is still working on YOU! "gotta go along to get along"..

4.EGO!.. the ego smashing event that "you" arent the smartest (even though mommy says so, and that 23rd place Tball coach pitch trophy and the swimming lesson cert are yours).. that "negative" guy who always "talks loopy" and cant seem to fit in WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG (except for the alien anal probe..err..maybe)

5. HERD MENTALITY.. this is way.. MSM is the SHEPARD, the "official one" yuk yuk" plus, its something to watch between the riveting(eh, not so much really) what's gonna happen next innings(?) of NASCAR.

new topics

top topics

join