It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous claims secret North Korean military documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Has a Korean faction of Anonymous hacked into the North Korean intranet?

Group claims to have set up 'Ninja Gateway' giving North Koreans global internet access

If this is true what does it mean, are they actually able to reach into NK and allow the populace a chance to see the real internet?

They claim to have military documents....

SEOUL – Secret North Korean military documents revealing missile secrets have been obtained and will be released on June 25, international hacking collective ‘Anonymous’ claims, although experts remain skeptical of the group’s success.

Now it is going to be a waiting game to see what they release, if they release anything at all.

Here is a little of what Anonymous said in their press release...

“We will no longer put up with your threats towards world peace and the Republic of Korea,” the South Korean hackers said in a press release late on Wednesday evening, a copy of which was also posted on YouTube.

and the youtube video...

Here is what they had to say in an interview....

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF ANONYMOUS KOREA INTERVIEW:

Hwang Yoon-taek: “We hacked into the KCNA last May”

Q- Is it possible to hack into the Kwangmyong network? It’s closed.

A- There are 3 routes that connect Kwangmyong to the outside world. One server is located in China, and we’ve already hacked it, and got in that way. We’ve done it. There’s nothing North Korea can do to stop it now. We’ve got all the core information we need.

Q- What exactly do you have?

A- Information regarding missiles, their serial numbers, and North Korean high-ranking officials. We won’t release everything, however –– only some things so we can verify the attack. After that, we’ll hand everything over to Wikileaks.

Q- You could be putting yourself at personal risk by attacking North Korea, why do it?

A- Don’t worry. We use at least 7 shared IP addresses that are based overseas. If you try to track it, it will take years [to trace].

Q. Where is the information now? Do you have it saved at home?

A. No way. It’s broken up and dispersed on the internet.

Q. Is there any way to verify that you really hacked the North Korean intranet?

A. On May 12th, the KCNA system stopped for 2 minutes. That was us. We will release missile serial numbers soon so that you can be certain about this.

www.nknews.org...

Now I can't say this is real or not because honestly we are just going to have to wait and see what they put out, but if this is real what does that mean for NK?

I guess time will tell...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

What exactly do you have?
A- Information regarding missiles, their serial numbers, and North Korean high-ranking officials.

So nothing then .

“We will no longer put up with your threats towards world peace and the Republic of Korea,”

This sort of stuff is what put me off Anonymous.

edit on 20-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Timing is not good since NK has so recently modified its rhetoric. Another false flag from..somewhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

No kidding.... Kim was JUST starting to tone down and calm down. This will likely get him all riled up, all over again.

As another post said...these are the things that put me off Anonymous as well. No thought whatsoever given to consequences of things just a general eager beaver approach to "CAN we.." not "SHOULD we...".

Booooo on this one. It's just going to start trouble right back up.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Too bad North Koreans dont know how to use a computer, watch the Vice episode about North Korea, they were taking them around like the people had freedom. They showed them a computer library where people were supposedly browsing the internet..... there was a guy sitting there staring at the google search page like he was reading the news.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

So nothing then .

They did say June 25th for the release date, but as I said before we're going to have to wait and see what they have, because if true this isn't going to have a very good ending.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAoxx

Too bad North Koreans dont know how to use a computer, watch the Vice episode about North Korea, they were taking them around like the people had freedom

Ah yes this one...

Good show...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by smurfy

No kidding.... Kim was JUST starting to tone down and calm down. This will likely get him all riled up, all over again.

As another post said...these are the things that put me off Anonymous as well. No thought whatsoever given to consequences of things just a general eager beaver approach to "CAN we.." not "SHOULD we...".

Booooo on this one. It's just going to start trouble right back up.

I know, I've been out on their pronunciations in the past, that sway from the moral to the technical ability and back again. They just don't send me the right messages. Put it this way, the biggest offenders of our privacy is darnn near everyone in the media and government sources police, military and what have you. They all know 'stuff', they don't tell you all that stuff. Then along comes a whistleblower, with all the 'stuff' who then becomes the subject of intense media attention, who then becomes either persecuted, or prosecuted. Do you ever notice that, the MSM don't exalt a whistleblower as a hero, just mumbo jumbo about them. They are never a government hero, and government just wants to put them away, preferably in a helicopter drop over the Atlantic. Are there any saving graces? Well not too many, but they do have Assange, and Manning languishing under house arrest and gaol respectively, since they don't know WTF to do with them as yet, but at least that means the helicopter job is not an option and also means that Manning regardless of the way he was caught on, probably acted in the right way. Snowden, however has rubber stamped all the MSM and government intrigue pretty much a part of the same thing. Anon, who may have done stuff to bring awareness to the plebs, are still very much in the grey area.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Was Korea ever just "toning dowm" or were we distracted by many other things?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I think the truth is closer to Kim being ordered to knock off the nonsense and probably not too far from those words, too. In watching events, nothing has changed on our side. If anything, Kerry's appointment may well have made things worse, not better. In a society where militarism is core to the very fabric of things, Kerry's past isn't one to engender respect and admiration to negotiate with.

What changed though was China publicly announcing with Obama in a joint statement that they and the U.S. were entirely in agreement on policy for this whole thing. China has had troops gathered on NK's northern border and cryptic as a cipher about just what their intentions were. Now everyone knows ...and within 48 hours, Kim is up for talks with both the South and the U.S.? I see cause and effect ..until this, anyway.

@Smurfy

I'd say the most important thing to recall about Anonymous is that they are everyone and they are no one. I could pull something and use the Anony name. For that period, I'd be "Anonymous". It can be anyone from a 13yr old in mommy's basement to a world class hacker with a sense of humor for signing the job. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
And North Korea got hacked because they allowed Google and Bill Richardson to visit.

www.theverge.com...

The Associated Press today released new photos and video of Google chairman Eric Schmidt's controversial trip to North Korea. Schmidt, who arrived in Pyongyang yesterday with former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, spent his first day visiting a computer lab at Kim Il Sung University, where students were busily surfing the internet from HP desktops. North Korea has one of the most restrictive internet policies in the world, but librarians at the Pyongyang-based university say students there have had access to the web ever since the lab opened in April 2010. Most students, however, are instructed to use the internet for educational purposes only, and the government continues to closely monitor online activity. Schmidt and Google executive Jared Cohen chatted with university students during their tour of the lab, with some demonstrating their ability to search and find information on Google, Wikipedia and university sites. Only a select few in North Korea have full access to the web, while the vast majority are restricted to a government-run intranet that filters out everything except for select news sites and curated content. Richardson, meanwhile, spent part of his day meeting with officials from North Korea's Foreign Ministry. Upon arriving in Pyongyang Monday, the former governor announced plans to negotiate the release of a detained American citizen, describing the mission as a "private, humanitarian visit." In an interview with the Associated Press today, Richardson characterized his meeting as "a good, productive but frank meeting."

edit on 20-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
And do what with it?
Nothing has happened in the past decade despite all the wikileaks/anonymous claims. People have a very short term memory. Life is too damn busy and hard for many to spend time thinking about the news. Most of them forget about it after few days/weeks. Such is the reality IMO.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Vice did another piece on North Korea for their series on HBO. The episode was called "The Hermit Kingdom". This time, they went over with Dennis Rodman and the Harlem Globetrotters.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I for one will cheer when the concentration camps in North Korea are liberated. The world will gasp in horror at the crimes being committed there.
It angers me that the world is turning a blind eye to the camps. The UN should go in and free the camps!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho

Vice did another piece on North Korea for their series on HBO. The episode was called "The Hermit Kingdom". This time, they went over with Dennis Rodman and the Harlem Globetrotters.

Actually it was the BBC.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Not the same documentary.

www.hbo.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Ah ha! Thank you for clarifying that! My apologies for the confusion!

new topics

top topics

join